Darkening of skin is a very common problem, and it happens to us often. Sometimes we get annoyed by it and some other time we don’t even pay attention to it unless and until we are beauty freak obviously.
But the parts of the body which suffer the most from blackening are elbows, knees, and ankles. This happens because of the buildup of dead skin because of the friction or pressure.
Getting exposed to the sun and not exfoliating adds to the blackening of skin. Black elbows and knees can sometimes be embarrassing for girls who wear short skirts or sleeveless dresses.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Black Knees And Elbows
The ingredients given below are awesome combinations which help in get rid of black knees and elbows naturally.
1)Turmeric, Honey, And Milk
Turmeric and honey have antiseptic properties, and they also help to moisten the skin. Milk acts as bleach. An effective combination indeed!
- Mix all the three i.e. Turmeric, honey and milk thoroughly to make a smooth paste.
- Apply it those areas which got darkened and left it for 20 minutes.
- Rub it.
- With wet hands for 2 minutes and then wash it off with water.
2)Sugar And Olive Oil
Sugar acts as an exfoliate, and olive oil moisturizes the skin.
- Mix equal quantities of sugar and olive oil and make a thick paste.
- Apply it to the knees and elbow and rub the paste for five minutes.
- Wash it off with soap and water.
3)Lemon And Honey
Lemon has natural bleaching properties, and honey is known for moisturizing the skin. For optimum result, repeat the process at least thrice a week.
- Take the juice of one lemon and mix it with one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it on the affected areas and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
4)Lemon And Gram Flour
As you already know, Lemon has bleaching properties, and gram flour can provide exfoliation.
- Put lemon juice on gram flour to make it damp.
- Apply the mixture, wait till it becomes dry and then wash it off with water.
5)Vinegar And Yogurt
This can act as an awesome combination for lightening the skin.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area and wait until it’s dry.
- Then, rub the mixture over the area in a circular fashion for two minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
Natural oils such as Coconut and Sesame seed oil, bleaching fruits such as Lemon, Tomato, and Grapes, moisturizer, Aloe Vera Gel, Olive oil are some of the other useful products which help in lightening the skin.
They also help you from removing those ugly and embarrassing dark patches. Try these combinations and you will see the change for yourself.