Arogyavardhini Vati is an Ayurvedic supplement in the form of a tablet that can improve your overall health and keeps you safe from many diseases.
In Sanskrit “Arogya” means health and “Vardhini” means improving. The formulation of these two words means improving health or Arogyavardhini in Sanskrit.
It also balances the three vital energies in your body namely Vata, Kapha and Pitta also known as doshas.
Arogyavardhini Vati is also useful in treating a broad range of acute illnesses and diseases. It is also known to increase your appetite and treat problems like indigestion and irregular bowels.
Health Benefits Of Arogyavardhini
- Balances the three vital energies- the Pitta, Kapha, and Vata in your body, these are also known as the doshas according to Sanskrit which is critical to maintaining good health.
- Can be used to cure chronic fever, obesity, anorexia, liver disorders and stomach disorders.
- Beneficial for treating many types of hepatitis-like A, B, C.
- Consuming arogyavardhini vati regularly can cure chronic constipation and gastric trouble.
- An excellent appetizer and improves your appetite.
- Provides protection to the liver by removing the toxins from the body; it is used to cure a wide range of problems that are associated with the liver.
- Can cure a wide range of skin related problems and diseases, regular consumption of Arogyavardhini Vati can improve the health of your skin.
- Reduce the levels of cholesterol in your body and also removes excess fats from the body, thus keeping your heart healthy and protects it from many heart diseases and can be used as a cardiac tonic.
- Helps in clearing the bile deposition in your body that can lead to spleen and liver related problems.
- Maintain the hormone levels in both boys and girls.
- Help in the formation of red blood cells in the blood and increases its count in the blood.
- Can cure problems related to your hair and skin like- itching, eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, etc.
- Pyorrhea which is a problem of the teeth and gums can be cured by consuming Argyavardhini Vati regularly.
- Arogyavardhini Vati if taken along with some cow’s milk can be used to cure water retention.
Advantages Of Taking Arogyavardhini Vati
Arogyavardhini vati is an herbal medication that is made with natural and organic ingredients. As such, it has numerous advantages over the conventional medications. These include:
i. The absence of chemical substances and hard gelatin in the composition of Arogyavardhini tablets.
ii. The use of completely natural herbal extracts and supplements.
iii. The use of organic products of a high quality that ensure the absence of adverse effects on the body.
iv. The safety that is ensured by the consumption of natural ingredients.
v. The use of a 100% vegetarian composition.
vi The absence of artificial additives for coloring, flavoring, or preservation purposes.
The above-mentioned properties about this Ayurvedic medication make it a safe and reliable supplement that can be used by people of any age group under the recommendation of a specialist
Dosage Of Arogyavardhini Vati
Due to the chemical nature of some of the ingredients of this herb, it is recommended to consult the doctor about it before starting the consumption.
The dosage should be prescribed by an Ayurvedic therapist, but it generally consists of one to three tablets per day for adults.The quantity can reach from 120 to 500 mg.1
The medication should be taken after food, and its preferably ingested along with water, milk, neem juice, fresh ginger juice, or honey.
In the case of children, the recommended dosage ranges from half a tablet to one tablet that is taken twice per day. However, the dose may vary depending on the age of the child and other factors. It is best to consult a specialist and follow their instructions.
The term of the treatment with Arogyavardhini vati should be a minimum of one month. It is usually four to six months, but it should be specified by the therapist as per the body type.
The effect of this Ayurvedic supplement is steady and slow due to its natural nature and its progressive action on the health of the body.
Arogyavardhini Gutika Dosage: One to two tablets twice a day only after food.
How Long To Take : It can be taken for 4 to 6 months as per prescribed.
Arogyavardhini Vati During Pregnancy
Arogyavardhini vati is generally considered safe to be used during pregnancy, as the ingredients that it contains are from herbal and natural sources. They are safe for human consumption, including during the pregnancy stage.
However, pregnant women willing to start the consumption of this Ayurvedic formulation are advised to consult the doctor in advance in order to avoid any kind of risks or complications.
Combination With Other Medication
Arogyavardhini vati can be used along with other medications for the enhancement of its benefits on the body. Common combinations include:
- Arogyavardhini with Mahamanjishtadikashayam is specially used in the treatment of skin disorders.
- For healing anasarca, Arogyavardhini vati is administered in combination with Punarnavadikashayam or leaf powder extract of Digitalis.
- Its usage along with Abhayarishta or Gandharvahastadikashayam is recommended in case of constipation.
- For the treatment of obesity, Arogyavardhini vati is administered with Varanadikashayam, Triphalachoorna, or Ayaskruti.
- It is administered combined with Katukichoorna or Moolakaswarasa in case of jaundice.
Side Effects Of Arogyavardhini Vati
Even though Arogyavardhini Vati is safe, the ingredients used can have potential side effects since most of them are metals.
It always advised consulting your doctor before consuming Arogyavardhini vati as it contains some elements like mercury and sulfur that may not be suitable for everyone.
- Arogyavardhini Vati works well in the Kapha and Vata dosha but could worsen pitta symptoms and cause side effects like- increased bleeding, vertigo, burning sensation, and could lead to the formation of ulcers in your mouth. Hence you must analyze the symptoms and problems correctly and consume arogyavardhini vati.
- Women must never consume Arogyavardhini Vati during pregnancy.
- It is also advised not to drink it during the lactation period as it may harm the baby’s health.
- Arogyavardhini Vati contains neem which has the potential to damage your kidney, and it is not safe for small children.
- People suffering from thyroid, diabetes must avoid consuming Arogyavardhini Vati as it contains ingredients that may worsen the disease.
- Overdosage of Arogyavardhini Vati may cause adverse poisonous effects.
- Arogyavardhini Vati must not be used when you are suffering from the following conditions- Burning sensation. Problems related to the heart, excessive thirst, pitta problems, and vertigo.
Ingredients Used To Prepare Arogyavardhini Vati
Arogyavardhini Vati is composed of high-quality extracts and powder of herbs which are grown in their natural habitat without the use of any pesticides or chemicals.2
The various ingredients used to prepare arogyavardhini vati are as follows:
1. Loha Bhasma – Iron (Calcined) :It improves the functions of the liver and is easily digestible. It is a potent diuretic and is useful in treating liver disorders.
2. Shuddha Parada – Mercury (Purified) :It increases the immunity of a person and increases his strength. It is an antioxidant, hypato-tonic and is an excellent diuretic and laxative.
3. Shuddha Ghandaka – Sulphur (Purified) : It is very useful in treating digestive and liver-related problems and various skin diseases.
4. Katuki – Piccorhiza Kurroa: t is helpful in curing liver problems caused due to chemicals like alcohol, paracetamol.
5. Castor – Ricinus Communis : It helps to cure stomach related problems like indigestion and many liver-related problems.3
6. Shuddha Guggulu Or Guggul – Commiphora Mukul – Indian Bedelium (Gum Resin) :
It helps in the reduction of cholesterol in the body and converting it into bile. It has the capability to remove unwanted fats from the body and balance the cholesterol levels.
7. Shuddha Shilajatu : It has very powerful antioxidant properties and can delay the process of aging.4 It can renew vitality, and it is also very useful in treating all kinds of liver-related problems.
8. Amalaki – Emblica Officinalis : It has antioxidative, antihepatotoxic, antibacterial, diuretic and resistance building properties which help improve the health of the person consuming it.
9. Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan Fruit Rind : This is a laxative and a cure for many digestive disorders. It is very effective in arresting or stop bleeding.
10. Haritaki Or Terminalia Chebula: This is a laxative and is very useful in curing cirrhosis and fatty liver problems.
11. Abhraka Plasma – Mica (Calcined):This one is useful for treating skin diseases and liver-related problems. It is very effective in treating problems like enlargement of the spleen and also curing anemia.It is a digestive stimulant and can be used to treat all kinds of liver-related problems and spleen enlargement.
12. Neem Juice Extract – Azadirachta Indica :The Arogyavardhini vati tablets are made using these ingredients.5 All the ingredients are grounded and made into a fine powder.The powder is then mixed with the neem juice extract to form a paste, and this paste is made into tablets.
How Is Arogyavardhini Vati Prepared?
Arogyavardhini Vati is prepared with a large number of ingredients ranging from metallic to herbal extracts. All of them have their own beneficial properties for the health.
The method of preparation of Arogyavardhini tablets has the following steps:
- First of all, purified mercury (Shuddhaparada) and purified Sulphur (Shuddhaghandaka) are combined into a mixture.
- Then the rest of them are gradually added into the combination and mixed.
- The mixture is triturated with Neem swaras, which is the juice extracted from Neem leaves.
- The trituration lasts for approximately two days.
- Finally, the pills are rolled from the paste.
Shelf Life Of Arogyavardhini Vati
Once opened, the shelf-life of Arogyavardhini Vati is approximate of six months. It is best to consume the medicine within this time period.
In addition, keep in mind that an opened pack of this medication should not be let to come in contact with air for a long time, hence the cap should be replaced immediately after the required tablets for consumption are taken out.
Remember to follow the directions written on the product leaflet regarding its consumption and ingestion.
|↑1||Kumara G, Srivastavaa A, Sharma SK, Gupta YK. Safety evaluation of an ayurvedic medicine, Arogyavardhini Vati on brain, liver, and kidney in rats. J Ethnophrmacol. 2012;140:151–60.|
|↑2||The Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India, Part I. Reprint. I/76. New Delhi: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India; 2001. p. 122.|
|↑3||Thomas Dixson. On the Active Principle of Castor Oil. 1887; 70: 107–116.|
|↑4||Ayurveda herbs. Herbal Supplement Shilajit Anti Aging Regulate Metabolism. 2010.|
|↑5||Subapriya R1, Nagini S. Medicinal properties of neem leaves: a review. 2005.|