Why Is Chocolate Injurious to Dogs?

Why Is Chocolate Injurious to Dogs
Why Is Chocolate Injurious to Dogs

Discover why chocolate is injurious to the dogs.Are you a pet lover?Do you usually give chocolates to your pet as the reward?

Then wait!

Chocolates are harmful to dogs!

Dogs are usually known to eat things which they should not, and same is the case with the chocolates. But in most of the cases, owners of the are dogs not aware of the harm of chocolates to them and they give them these chocolates freely, but the reality is very horrible.

Why Chocolate Are Harmful For Dogs?

You eat chocolates, and you love them, and it is very easy for you to digest them, but the metabolism of dogs are not like yours. Chocolates contain a toxic component which is theobromine.

Humans can metabolize this toxic component easily but dogs metabolize them very slowly and in this time, these toxic components take the form of toxic levels in the body of the dog and harm them.

The quantity of the chocolate and the type of the chocolate that do not harm much depends on the size of the dog and the breed of the dog. A single piece or two is not much harmful to the dogs.

So, you should have complete information about how much amount of chocolate your dog can tolerate?

Toxicity in Different Types of Chocolates

Different chocolates have different levels of cocoa and other materials that are harmful to the dogs. Main types of chocolates and how much of them is tolerable is:

1.Semi-Sweet Chocolate:

0.3 ounces of chocolate can be consumed per pound of the body weight of the dog. But if the amount of the chocolate increases than this then the level of toxicity starts increasing and start creating harm to your dog. So, be careful about the amount precisely.

2.Milk Chocolate:

0.7 ounces of chocolate can be consumed per pound of the body weight by the dog. But if the consumption of the milk chocolate by the dog increases than this then it can lead to severe side effects.

3.Baking Chocolate:

This chocolate has the highest amount of caffeine and theobromine. This is the most harmful type of chocolate. So, try not to give this to dogs. Only 0.1 ounce per pound of the body weight of the dog is allowable.

Be careful!

Symptoms of Knowing that Your Dog has Eaten Chocolate

Symptoms of Knowing that Your Dog has Eaten Chocolate
Symptoms of Knowing that Your Dog has Eaten Chocolate

Sometimes, dogs consume chocolate without your knowledge, and this may be harmful to them. There are various symptoms of which you can know that your dog has eaten chocolate, and he needs to visit a veteran.

Those symptoms are:

  • Diarrhoea
  • Increase in heart beating rate
  • Increase in rate of breathing
  • Vomiting
  • Rigidity in muscles
  • Low blood pressure
  • Restlessness and Hyperactivity

Treatment:

If you see any of the symptoms given above, you need to call your veteran as early as possible. In the meantime your doctor arrives; you need to keep your dog calm. Keep giving him fluids so that he must not get dehydrated.

Prevention:

Chocolates are harmful to them. So, try to keep them away. Do dogs know what is good for them and what is bad?

So, you need to know take care about this for your dogs.Keep them away from chocolates.

Dogs have the high power to smell. So, if you hide chocolates from them, then they will easily find them.

So, you must not keep chocolates anywhere near them!

SHARE
MavCure provides authentic and reliable information on Alternative and Natural Healthcare from the health experts.