Have you ever thought of hennaing your eyebrows? Hennaing or tinting makes your eyebrows look big, bold and colorful. Moreover, it adds extra charm and beauty to your face.
Everyone wishes to have iconic eyes. Some have iconic eyes naturally and some make it. Are you one of them? Do you wish to have beautiful eyes? What if your eyebrows are not perfect for your beautiful eyes?
Isn’t interesting? Because most of you think hennaing is only for hairs. But it’s not true. Henna has a lot of other things to do with you which makes you look more beautiful.
It seems like you are curious to know that how will you henna your brows? Let me tell you. You can use henna pen or henna powder for hennaing your brows. Hennaing your brows is almost same as hennaing your hairs.
But this time, you have to more careful. Because eyebrows are just above your eyes. Take proper precaution while hennaing your brows. And also prevent henna to enter into eyes.
How will you choose perfect henna for your eyebrows? Well, henna color is up to you. You can use red, brown or black henna for your eyebrows. But choose that henna from which you are not allergic.
Furthermore, check the ingredients of henna that you are using. This will help you to prevent those ingredients or henna from which you are allergic.
How is long lasting effect of henna? Well, it’s up to you whether you want to tint your brows daily or occasionally.
First of all, let me tell you about types of hennaing. Furthermore, I have more interesting things to tell you about hennaing your brows. So keep reading.
Table of Contents
Types Of Hennaing Your Brows
1. Temporary Eyebrow Henna
The first one is temporary hennaing. As its name suggests its effect is for only a few hours. You will find temporary henna in the form of liquid or gel of different colors.
You can use it in daily eye makeup like other beauty products. Just as you apply eyeliner, mascara or eyeshadow you can also use temporary eyebrow henna for your brows, daily. Or you can apply it occasionally.
Moreover, you can apply these henna with an applicator. You can easily remove the henna from your brows by washing them or by using making remover.
Furthermore, it provides natural and consistent look.
2. Semi-Permanent Eyebrow Henna
If you want to get rid of hennaing your eyebrows daily then this is best for you. It has long-lasting effect and slowly fades away.
How Will You Choose Perfect Henna For Your Eye Brows?
First of all, keep these things in mind while purchasing henna for yourself.
- Verify whether you are not allergic to henna. For this purpose, you should take patch test. The patch test will help you to know whether that particular henna is good for you or not.
- Henna is harmful to persons who have a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency. Moreover, this deficiency is common in males.
- Use 100% pure henna for hennaing your brows.
- Choose henna color such that it is one shade lighter than the color of your brows. So that you get a perfectly natural look after hennaing your brows.
- If you have dark colored brows then you should choose dark colored henna. And if you have light shade brows then choose alight shade henna color. Because choosing right color will enhance your look.
- Assure yourself whether you want semi-permanent or temporary eyebrow tint.
What Do You Need To Dye Your Brows With Henna?
First of all, collect all these things before applying henna to your brows. The things which you will need to dye your brows with henna are-
- Henna powder of your choice – 1 tablespoon.
- Amla powder – 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 teaspoon.
- Water as per need.
- Mixing bowl and spoon.
- A mascara brushes or a simple Q-Tip.
- A pair of plastic gloves.
- Two pieces of kitchen wrap of about 3″x1.5″ in size.
- Shea butter or Vaseline to keep the kitchen wraps stuck to the skin
How To Dye Your Eyebrows With Henna?
Once you collect all the things start the process of hennaing your eyebrows. Here are some steps for your better understanding so that you can proceed with confidence. Apart from dyeing your eyebrows, it can also be used to dye your gray hair.
- First of all, make the henna paste for eyebrows.
- Take 1 tablespoon of henna powder in a bowl and mix it with amla powder.
- After mixing the powder add water and other ingredients to it.
- While adding water stir it well to avoid lumps in the paste.
- Leave the paste for a while or for the time as specified in henna powder pack.
- Make a thick consistent paste. Take care paste should be thick so that it will not enter in your eyes.
- You can add Indigo powder to enhance the color of henna. This will provide burgundy and brown color to your eyebrows.
- Take a while and clean your eyebrows with shampoo or face wash. Let them dry.
- You can also use alcohol wipes or witch hazel to clean your eyebrows.
- After drying your brows apply Shea butter around brows. Don’t apply Shea butter on eyebrows just apply it near brows.
- Now it’s time to apply the henna paste on your eyebrows.
- While facing to mirror apply henna paste to your brows with a Q- tip.
- Start from inner to the outer end of your eyebrows making a small circular motion. So that henna spreads well on your brows.
- Repeat the procedure until you get all your brows covered with henna paste.
- After applying paste properly now it’s time to cover your brows with kitchen wrap.
- Gently put the wraps on your brows and make sure it get to stick to skin.
- Remove air bubble by gently pressing the eyebrows.
- Do the same for another eyebrow.
- Wait for the time mentioned on the henna pack which you bought.
- Also, you can wait for 2-4 hours.
- Moreover, you can apply henna to your eyebrows before bedtime and leave it on
- Now remove the kitchen wrap gently.
- Wash your eyebrows or face with lukewarm water.
- Let it dry and then apply Shea butter to brows.
Advantages Of Hennaing Your Eyebrows
- First of all, it enhances your look and makes you feel confident.
- Henna is natural and a great substitute for other chemical dyes.
- Another advantage is it colors the brows as well as skin.
- Moreover, it provides bold and colorful brows.
- You can prepare the henna mixture at home easily.
- Another benefit of henna is it has long lasting effect.
Side Effects Of Hennaing Your Brows
- Hennaing your eyebrows can cause inflammation and irritation to your skin and eyes.
- Moreover, the worst thing is it causes swelling as well, sometimes.
- Furthermore, if eye irritation is more it can cause blindness.
- It is also allergic to some people so you should take a patch test before hennaing your brows.
- The best way to avoid side effects it to get hennaed you brows by professionals.
- Lubricating saline water or eye drops are also used to rinse your eyes after hennaing your brows.
Why Is It Needed To Henna Your Eyebrows?
Hennaing your eyebrows are as per your need and interest.It makes your eyebrows look beautiful and gives a personality. You can make your eyebrows grow faster with home remedies.
- If you have fewer brow hairs then you need to henna your brows to make them look bold and bigger.
- Another reason may be due to over pluck off your brows while threading. Then you need to henna your brows. So that you can hide the over plucked
- Furthermore, if you have light shade brows then also you can henna you brows. So that you will be able to give a more natural look to your brows.
How Will You Prevent Side Effects?
The best way to avoid side effects is to take patch test. A patch test will help you to know whether that particular henna is allergic to you or not.
Another thing that you can do is go to a salon and get your brows hennaed by professionals. Because they better know how to avoid these side effects.
What Precautions Have You To Take While Hennaing Your Brows?
- Make sure the paste is thick. The thickness of paste will avoid it from entering into your eyes.
- Moreover, take patch test to avoid allergic reactions.
- Furthermore, while removing henna paste from your brows keep your eyes closed. So as to avoid it from entering into your eyes.
Hope this article has clarified your all doubts relevant to hennaing your brows.