Healthy teeth are the core to your beautiful smile But, the discolored areas of your enamel can prevent them from truly shining through. Such spots on your teeth can lower down your confidence and make you may hesitate while opening your mouth.
Thus it is worth knowing how to get rid of white spots on teeth and hence opt for a remedy that is ideal for your case.
Do you have those awful white spots on your teeth that ruins your personality? Through this article, you’ll get to know how to get rid of those white spots and keep them at bay.
Table of Contents
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of White Spots On Teeth
Who doesn’t want to flash that beautiful smile with a set of bright white teeth? But what can be done when you have white spots on the teeth. It mars the appearance of the face and affects your self-confidence to smile at public places.
One thing you can do is you can go to the dentist to get your teeth spot free and bright. But, this turns out to be very expensive.
You can go for OTC drugs to get rid of those unpleasant white spots from your teeth. But again these drugs bring with them many side effects, which can further damage your teeth.
Are you worried thinking about how to get rid of white spots on your teeth? Do not worry as there are various treatments which use natural ingredients to treat this dental problem.
Let’s have a look at the home remedies to remove white spots on teeth!
1. Baking Soda To Remove White Spots On Teeth
Baking soda is one of the most effective ingredients to remove white spots from the teeth. The alkaline nature of baking soda helps to remove the plaques as well as the white spots on the teeth. It releases free radicals when it comes in contact with water.
This process helps remove the stains or white spots on the teeth that occurs due to consumption of various types of food and tobacco.
Method 1: Baking Soda And Water
- Baking soda –2 tbsp
- Toothbrush – 1
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Take your toothbrush and wet it with water.
- Now, dip the wet toothbrush in the baking soda properly so that the bristles will be coated fully with the baking soda.
- Brush your teeth with this baking soda dipped toothbrush at least for 2 minutes.
Follow this process two times a week to get rid of white spots on teeth.
Note: You may experience a tingling sensation when you will start brushing your teeth with baking soda, but there is nothing to worry about it. But if you get a burning sensation, then stop using it.
Method 2: Baking Soda And Water
- Baking soda –2 tbsp
- Water – 1 glass
- Add 2 tbsp of baking soda to the water and stir well.
- Now use the baking soda water to rinse your mouth.
- Rinse your teeth with normal water.
- Use this baking soda water to rinse your mouth once a day to get rid of white spots on the teeth.
2. Baking Soda And Strawberry To Get Rid Of White Spots On Teeth
Strawberry is loaded with anti-oxidant properties and Vitamin C, which helps to remove the stains from the teeth.
- Ripe Strawberry- 1
- Baking soda- 2 tsp
- Take 1 ripe strawberry and mash it properly to make a smooth paste.
- Now, add the baking soda to it and mix well to form a paste.
- Brush your teeth with this strawberry and baking soda paste for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your teeth with normal water. Follow this remedy at least once per week to get rid of white spots on the teeth.
3. Baking Soda And Vinegar Toothpaste
The use of baking soda along with the vinegar also helps in removing the white spots from the teeth.
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Mix both the vinegar and baking soda to form a smooth paste.
- Brush your teeth with this paste for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with normal water. Follow this remedy twice per week till you get rid of a white spots from your teeth completely.
4. Baking Soda With Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide offers whitening and bleaching effects when used on teeth. So the combination of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide works well to remove white spots from teeth.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tbsp
- Toothbrush -1
- Dip your toothbrush first in hydrogen peroxide.
- Again dip it in baking soda.
- Now, brush your teeth for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth and teeth with normal water.
Use this remedy once or twice per week to reduce the white spots on the teeth.
5. Baking Soda, Peppermint Extract, And Glycerin
Loaded with antibacterial and antiseptic properties, peppermint oil controls the plaque formation on the teeth, one of the main causes of tooth discoloration. Apart from that it also adds a nice flavor to the mixture. The use of glycerin also helps to make the teeth stain-free.
- Baking soda – 6 tsp
- Glycerine – 4 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Peppermint extract – 2 to 3 drops
- A small bowl
- Take the baking soda and glycerine in a small bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of peppermint extract oil and salt to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Now apply the paste to your teeth and brush your teeth for 2 to 3 minutes.
Use this remedy twice per week to remove white spots from the teeth.
6. Baking Soda And Toothpaste
Brushing your teeth with baking soda and your regular toothpaste can also do wonders to remove white spots on the teeth.
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Your regular toothpaste
- To brush your teeth in the morning take the required amount of your toothpaste in your toothbrush.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of baking soda on the toothpaste.
- Now brush your teeth with this baking soda coated toothpaste for 2 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with normal water.
Follow this process once or twice a week to remove white spots from your teeth totally.
Note: Although baking soda has numerous benefits to remove white spots from the teeth, you should limit its use. You should restrict its use maximum twice per week; otherwise, it may damage your teeth enamel.
7. Lemon To Remove White Spots On Teeth
We know that lemon is used for various skin care remedies to give a blemish-free skin. But do you know that lemon can also be used to treat white spots on teeth? Yes, it can.
Lemon has citric content in it, which helps to remove the white spots on the teeth.
Method 1: Lemon And Water
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
Take 1 cup of water and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to it.
Stir the lemon juice nicely and use this solution as a mouthwash.
Use this mouthwash daily once to get rid of white spots on teeth.
Method 2: Lemon And Salt
Application of salt along with lemon juice also helps you remove white spots from the teeth. Additionally, it will also prevent bad breath and make the gums stronger.
You should use sea salt in this remedy as it is full of with minerals, which is beneficial for the teeth and the gum.
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Sea salt – 1 tbsp
- Mix both the lemon juice and sea salt.
- Now apply the mixture on your teeth.
- Rub it on your teeth for few minutes.
- Rinse your teeth and mouth with normal water
Follow this process at least once in the morning to get rid of white spots on teeth.
8. Basil To Remove White Spots On Teeth
The holy basil works wonders to fix white spots on teeth. With natural teeth whitening capabilities, basil also treats bleeding gum and bad breath issues.
Method 1: Dried Basil Leaves
- Basil leaves – A handful
- Take the basil leaves and clean them with water.
- Dry them in the sun.
- When the leaves are dried completely, make the powder of it.
- Brush your teeth with this powder to get rid of white spots on the teeth.
Method 2: Basil Leaves And Mustard Oil
Mustard oil not only helps to clean the teeth but also strengthens the gum and teeth. It is also used to treat toothache problems.
- Basil leaves: 5 to 6
- Mustard oil – 1 tsp
- Crush the basil leaves and mix with the mustard oil.
- Brush your teeth with this mixture for 2 minutes with the help of your finger.
- Clean your mouth and teeth with normal water.
Following this remedy regularly will help you to remove white spots on the teeth.
9. Margosa (Neem) To Remove White Spots On Teeth
The astringent properties of margosa help to remove the white spots on the teeth. Apart from that, it also takes care of the dental health. Its antibacterial property kills the bacteria and treats various other teeth problem like bad breath, bleeding gum, toothache, etc.
- Margosa oil: 2 to 3 drops
- Your regular toothpaste
- A small bowl
- Take the required quantity of toothpaste in a small bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of margosa oil to it and mix well.
- Now brush your teeth with this margosa mixed toothpaste to get rid of white spots on your teeth.
- Clean your teeth with normal water
Note: You can also use margosa twigs to brush your teeth or else can chew some tender margosa leaves in the morning. It will also help to fix white spots on teeth.
10. Banana Peel For Removing White Spots On Teeth
Loaded with minerals like magnesium, manganese, and potassium, banana peels remove white spits from the teeth effectively. It works by penetrating deep into the teeth.
- Ripe Banana – 1
- Remove the peel of the ripe banana.
- Rub the peel on the teeth for 2 minutes.
- Leave it for 15 minutes, and then brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste.
- Wash your mouth and teeth with normal water.
Following this process daily will fix the white spot problem on teeth.
11. Turmeric To Fix White Spots On Teeth
Turmeric is very well known for its stain-removing properties. Here regarding the white spots on the teeth, it can be used along with lemon juice and salt to remove it.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your teeth.
- Rub this paste for at least 2 minutes with the help of your fingers.
- Rinse your mouth with clean water.
Apart from whitening your teeth, it also strengthens your teeth.
12. Oil Pulling With Coconut Oil To Remove White Spots On Teeth
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which helps to remove the white spots on the teeth. In addition to that, it also nourishes the teeth and makes it stronger. It also removes the plaque.
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Put 2 tbsp of coconut oil in your mouth.
- Now swish the oil in your mouth for 10 minutes.
- Spit the oil and wash your mouth with warm water.
If you follow this process every day in the morning, you will be successful in removing the spots from your teeth.
13. Charcoal For White Spot Removal From Teeth
One crazy remedy is to use activated charcoal to remove white spots on teeth. You might think how can an ingredient which stains everything, useful in removing the white spots from your teeth. But, to your surprise, it works wonders in removing white spots from the teeth.
- Activated charcoal powder – 1 tbsp
- Wet your toothbrush with water.
- Dip the bristles with the activated charcoal powder.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes.
- Wash your teeth and mouth with normal water.
You can see the difference regarding the removal of white spots from your teeth with the regular use of activated charcoal powder.
Note: In the place of charcoal, you can also use ashes of burnt rosemary.
14. Remineralizing Toothpaste At Home To Remove White Spots On Teeth
The necessary ingredients in this homemade toothpaste such as baking soda, calcium powder, xylitol, coconut oil, castile soap make it effective in removing the white spots on the teeth as well as strengthening it.
The calcium content in it will make the teeth stronger; baking soda will remove the stains; Xylitol powder will give a taste to the toothpaste; loaded with many minerals, diatomaceous earth will promote the remineralization process of the teeth; and the coconut oil with its anti-bacterial properties will protect as well as prevent white spots on teeth.
- Coconut oil – 4 tbsp
- Baking soda – 3 tbsp
- Xylitol powder (optional) – 3 tbsp
- Peppermint oil – 2 to 3 drops
- Calcium powder – 5 to 6 tbsp
- A small bowl
- Take diatomaceous earth, calcium powder, coconut oil, peppermint oil, Xylitol powder, and baking soda in a small bowl and mix well.
- Keep stirring the mixture to get the required consistency. You can store the mixture in a small jar.
- Use this mixture to brush your teeth daily.
After a few days, you will notice that the white spots on your teeth have reduced to a great extent.
Other Remedies To Remove White Spots On Teeth
Apart from the home remedies that are described in detail to get rid of white spots on teeth, there are few other remedies which you can use to remove as well as prevent white spots on teeth.
Rich in Vitamin C content, strawberry acts a natural teeth cleanser. Crush 2 to 3 ripe strawberries to make a paste. Gently brush your teeth with this strawberry paste with the help of your finger. Following this process, two to three times will help remove the white spots on the teeth.
Apple contains malic acid and fiber that help to remove the stains from your teeth. Also, apple consumption increases the saliva production, which effectively prevents white spots on teeth. So eating one apple per day can definitely help you to fix this white spot issue on the teeth effectively.
3. Orange Peel
Not only lemon juice and strawberries but also orange peel is rich in Vitamin C, can treat as well as prevents white spots on teeth. Direct rubbing of orange peel on the white spots can also remove it. You can also use dried orange peel powder for the same purpose.
4. Raw Carrots
Chewing raw carrots every day will also help you remove the plaque from the teeth. It also maintains acid-alkaline balance in the mouth and kills bacteria.
5. Citrus Fruit Consumption
The consumption of citrus fruit, such as orange, lemon, and pineapple can also help to maintain the whiteness of the teeth by removing the white spots on it. The consumption of such fruits promotes saliva creation in the mouth, which in turn removes the stains and white spots on teeth.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Gargle daily with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 glass of water. It not only removes the white spots but also kills bacteria and treats the problem of bad breath.
The consumption of raisins removes plaques from the teeth. Its consumption also creates move saliva, which helps to prevent white spots on the teeth.
Things That Must Be Included In Routine Life
1. Whole Grains
As whole grains contain phytic acid, you can decrease the amount of phytic acid by soaking the whole grains overnight before using them in a dish.
Many seeds are there that contain high concentrations of phytic acid including linseed, sesame, flaxseed, rapeseed, and seeds of various other plants.
Hence, to reduce the phytic acid content in these seeds, you can soak them overnight and then use them.It will not just lead to reduction of the phytic acid but will also become very tasty.
3. Beans And Legumes
You use a lot of beans and legumes. But, there are some beans and legumes that are rich in phytic acids like, kidney beans, dry cowpeas, black beans, and legumes.Just like in previous cases, here also phytic acid in these can be reduced by soaking them overnight.
4. Eat Vitamin-Mineral Rich Foods To Nourish Your Teeth
Together with avoiding certain food items, there are some which you should eat more often to get rid of the white spots. Jam-packed foods will make your body function at its best and can help to build the enamel again on your teeth.
Some Foods That You Should Eat More Often
1. Dairy Products
2. Meat, fish, And Eggs
3. Coconut And Fish Oils
Follow These Instructions To Avoid White Spots On Teeth
1. Brush Twice a Day For 2 Minutes.
2. Don’t Use Whitening/Bleaching Toothpaste.
3. Use a Fluoride Mouthwash.
4. Avoid Sugars & Sweets.
5. Use An Interproximal Toothbrush.
6. Use An Electric Toothbrush.
Above information enlightens you as to how white spots can be avoided, what are its causes and remedies.Hence, opt for a healthy lifestyle and maintain a proper oral health as it is not just the matter of looks, but a lot more than that.