Sleep is one of the basic requirements of the human body. It is the time when the body rebuilds, repairs and prepares for the next day.
Not getting enough sleep is a grave problem and need to be resolved as soon as possible. Below we are giving you some tips which can help you to sleep better.
- It is true that those who do a lot of physical activities are more likely to get good sleep at nights.
- If your work doesn’t involve much of physical activity, make it a point to do some kind of physical activity for one hour a day.
- It can be going for a walk, mowing the lawn or washing the car.
- Regularity is another key for good and sound sleep. If you will get up at the same time every day, it is more likely that you will tend to sleep at the same time.
- The vitality of the body is at the least after midnight. That is why it is said that every hour of sleep before midnight is actually worth two hours and every hour of sleep after midnight is worth one hour.
- That’s why it is advisable to go early to the bed.
- Sleeping extra time during the weekend is not advisable as it disrupts the natural sleep clock of the body.
- Avoid taking tobacco, caffeine, fatty foods, additives, chocolate or sugar as they can stimulate the body causing insomnia which can interrupt your sleep.
- After a heavy meal, don’t go to sleep immediately. The food needs to be digested properly.
- The stomach will not get proper rest if you go to sleep immediately after eating. The body will not get proper sleep and your appetite for the morning breakfast will be ruined.
- This will leave your body unprepared for the daily day to day chores.
- Plenty amount of fresh air is necessary for the room where you’re sleeping. Fresh air is required for proper sleep and rejuvenation of the body.Otherwise, you will get up in the morning tired and fatigued.
- Before going to bed, you can have neutral water bath as it is an excellent way of calming your mind and relaxing your body.
- The best position to sleep is on the right side with limbs as much stressed as possible.
- This posture avoids any kind of pressure on the heart, keeps the liver downward. Don’t use more than one pillow.
- The mattress should be soft and not hard as is the general belief. The spine should be straight while sleeping.