Maracuja Oil can do wonders while quenching the dry skin, restoring the youthful appearance, improving the elasticity, promoting the healthy scalp with the hair growth and relieving stress.
Maracaju oil also known as passion fruit oil is best known for its uses to improve skin quality and used in many skin conditions.
Oil comes from two different sources, but still, the properties of the two are similar.
i. Passion Fruit
The botanical name of passion fruit is Passiflora Edulis. The seeds of this fruit recharge and replenish the skin.
The nutrient-rich seeded pulp is extracted from maracuja fruit, and hand pressed to guarantee the maximum amount of nutritious value.
ii. Passion Flower
The botanical name of the flower is Passiflora Incarnate. It has many health benefits like inducing sleep and promoting relaxation.
Maracuja oil is an expensive oil though it is used in many cosmetic applications. It is light, so it penetrates deep into the skin and prevents moisture from leaking out. Oil has healing properties and can reduce scars.
Health Benefits Of Maracuja Oil
1. For Dry Skin
The content of vitamin, calcium, and phosphorus in the maracuja oil will nourish your skin. It is an excellent moisturizer.
Oil is a gentle emollient. It can replenish, rebuild and brighten your skin. The nutrient rich, fatty acids repair and rejuvenate skin to give you a fair even toned complexion.
After applying, you will not have a greasy feeling, and the oil will hydrate your skin. Oil can also reduce scars.
How To Use Maracuja Oil For The Dry Skin?
- It is recommended that before using the oil, you should do a patch test that is to apply the oil on a small area, if there is no irritation, you can use the oil safely.
- You can take 2-3 drops of maracuja oil in your hand, rub them together and pat onto face and neck before bedtime.
- Take maracuja oil and dilute it with coconut oil or olive oil, use this to soften your cuticles and nails.
2. Treat Sun Damaged Skin And Anti – Aging
Excessive exposure to sunlight harms our skin. The UV rays of the sun lead to wrinkles, sunburns, and blemishes
Maracuja oil contains lycopene(1), and that is capable of repairing damaged skin due to excessive tanning caused by the UV rays of the sun.
With its antioxidant property and the existence of carotenoids, Maracuja oil helps to counter fine lines and wrinkles. Therefore, it acts as an anti-aging remedy for you.
How To Use Maracuja Oil For Tanning?
- Before going to sleep at night, apply 3-4 drops of the oil directly to the affected area for a month.
- Use the oil under your eyes you will find a reduction in the appearance of fine lines.
3. For Itching
The anti-inflammatory property of the oil helps to alleviate red skin and acnes. It works great for insect bites.Oil, when applied, will help sooth your skin. It will also heal the redness and irritation of the infected patch.
When you apply oil, it calms your skin, which results in less oil release and this diminishes the blocked acne pores.
Thereby, improving the elasticity of the area, which results in less acne problem.
How To Use Maracuja Oil For Itching?
- Mix the maracuja oil with your regular moisturizer or serum, and apply on the patchy skin for a month.
- You will find a noticeable change in the skin.
- Moringa Oil is also great for the skin and gives you a flawless look.
4. For Hair
Maracuja Oil is rich in Vitamin C, which promotes the growth of collagen. This results in the healthy growth of hair and promotes the healthy scalp.
Oil is rich in fatty acids, so it combats dry hair, flaking, and hair loss. Thereby, less of dandruff, split ends and hair loss. Oil has a pleasant fruity smell that makes it a pleasure massaging.
How To Use Maracuja Oil For Hair?
Gently massage the hair with the oil, twice a week in the night time to treat damaged hair and wash your hair in the morning.You will see superb results after a month.
5. Maracuja Oil For Painful Aches
Maracuja Oil is rich in Omega -6 fatty acids as it is obtained from passion fruit seeds, so when massaged into the skin, it lowers inflammation of muscles.
The pain of arthritic joints and muscles is soothed when the oil is used. It can comfort the tired and sore muscles when used in the message formulation.
So, the next time your elders or a sports person at your place complain about pain or tiredness. Advice for the Maracuja Oil; it can do miracles there.
How To Use Maracuja Oil For Aches?
- You can add maracuja oil with olive oil and massage on the sore muscle. This will give further relief from cramping of the muscles.
- Gently massage the oil on your tired muscles, once a day to get comfort and relaxation.
Black Currant Essential Oil aids in the pain management.
6. Maracuja Oil For Anxiety Reduction
Maracuja Oil is derived from the seeds of passion flower, so it has an anxiolytic attribute.
This property helps in relieving anxiety. Oil acquires an earthy, woody smell which contributes to lower down the stress level. And believe me, life without tension and stress is like heaven.
How To Use Maracuja Oil For Anxiety Reduction?
- You can open the oil bottle and inhale it for 20 minutes.
- Put some oil on the cotton ball and inhale it for 30 minutes.
- This will help you as it mitigates anxiety.
7. Maracuja Oil For Insomnia
Maracuja Oil has a balancing effect on the existence of healthy fats, carotenoids, and phenols.This helps you to have a sound sleep. Post that, when stress is little we can relax and have a better sleep.
How Use Maracuja Oil For Insomnia?
- You can pour some drops of oil on your pillow, lie down and have a deep sleep.
- Inhale the oil directly from the container to feel sleepy.
- You can fill your bathtub with warm water. Now add 10-20 drops of maracuja oil in it.
- Dip your body completely in it. This will release stream containing volatile organic compounds.
- This will automatically rest your body and induce sleep in you.
8. Inhaling the maracuja oil can also muffle and calm your cough and reduce bronchial asthma.
Side Effects /Toxicity Of The Oil
If you are allergic to plants, please avoid the oil.It can lead to sneezing and cold.This oil should not be consumed as it may be toxic and harmful even at low concentrations.
There are small depicting incidents that say, oil led to breakouts and made acne worse. So, people facing acne problem should consult a doctor before use or try an alternative oil.
Oil should not be used in skin disorders like psoriasis and eczema as it may increase the irritation and the problem.
Maracuja Oil Vs. Argan Oil
Today a trend of face oil has grown by folds.The one which is very common among us is the argan oil, which is rich in carotenes and Vitamin E. This oil also has useful fatty acids and squalene which protects our skin from free radical damage.
Now on the contrary, if we talk about maracuja oil, it is rich in Vitamin C and essential fatty acids which have anti-aging benefits, it replenishes and brightens the skin. These were the nutritional facts of the oil, but we can easily find the difference when both oils are applied.
Post that; the result comes which says maracuja oil was light on the skin, and it hydrated the skin deeply whereas argan oil took its time to penetrate itself into the skin.
Skin gave a rechargeable look and was not greasy after applying maracuja oil, in contrast, argan oil was sticky and felt heavy on it.
Visibly, many times skin nourished with maracuja oil had no breakouts, but they were seen in the skin that used argan oil. The smell of maracuja oil is like olive oil, and argan oil has no scent.
So it is well noted that we can use maracuja oil in the daytime and nighttime to get an even-toned fair complexion. But yes, if you are fond of argan oil, you can use it in the evening time.
The central component of the cinnamon essential oil is Cinnamaldehyde.It is about 97.7%. Due to this element oil works as an antibacterial remedy. About 87.3% of eugenol are present in cinnamon leaf oil.It is used to flavor dishes. It also contains cinnamic aldehyde, linalool, and benzyl benzoate.
Characteristics Of Cinnamon Essential Oil
Some attributes of cinnamon essential oil are:
- Antibacterial– Oil is used to get rid of airborne bacteria through aromatherapy blends.
- Antioxidant– It works as an antioxidant and prevent cells, tissues from being damaged.
- Astringent– Oil has an ability to make the skin firm.
- Enhancer– When mixed with other oil, cinnamon oil enhances its property.
- Antiseptic– It works as an antiseptic for wounds.
- Anti-Inflammatory– Oil reduces redness and pain as a reaction to injury.
- Immunostimulant– It boosts the immune system.
- Insect Repellant– Oil is used to drive away mosquitoes.
- Digestive– Cinnamon Oil aids proper digestion and alleviates stomach aches.
- Antifungal– It is a powerful antifungal agent that kills the fungus.
- Anti – Depressant– Oil reduces negative thoughts of depression.
- Expectorant- Oil calms the infection of the lungs and throat.
Maracuja oil has unique nutritional value. It contains 72.6% of linoleic acid which is also known as Omega -6 fatty acids, 10% of oleic acid and 12.8% of palmitic acid.
With healthy fats, it also contains carotenoids and phenols. The antioxidant power of the oil is 7.12m/ml. The Omega -6 fatty acids are required by the body to reduce inflammation, and the carotenoids are healthy for the skin. The antioxidant property prevents the cell damage caused by free radicals.
Though less research is done on the maracuja oil, verdict says that oil is useful for skin problems and hair troubles. It can work for painful aches and in relieving anxiety.
Oil can act as an anti-aging remedy. So now go ahead and engulf this miraculous oil in your daily routine. I am sure you will find a remarkable change in a couple of days.