Arteries are blood vessels that carry blood, which is rich in oxygen to different parts of the body, from the brain to toes. Many people develop clogged arteries which lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Discover some home remedies to get rid of clogged arteries in this article.
Healthy arteries have smooth inner walls that help blood flow smoothly.A Plaque is a substance that is build up on the inner walls of the arteries and blocks the area. That results in the reduction of blood flow.
In clogged arteries, blood carrying oxygen and nutrients don’t reach the body parts. Thus, it gradually damages the organs.
Home Remedies for Clogged Arteries
The home remedies to get rid of clogged arteries are as follows
Garlic For clogged arteries. Garlic is considered as an excellent solution. It is one of the best remedies for clogged arteries. It widens the blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
It subsides and splits the fatty plaque that builds up in the arteries, and gradually removes it.
Garlic strengthens the immune system; it lowers the LDL or bad cholesterol levels. This reduces the risk of heart attacks.A study has proved garlic can relax blood vessels up to 72 percent.
Remedies To Use Garlic To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- Take three chopped garlic cloves, and add it to a glass of milk. Bring it to boil. Drink this before bedtime.
- Add one teaspoon of garlic paste, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Consume this mixture twice a day. This cures the clogged arteries.
- You can include garlic in your diet daily, by using it in cooking.
Turmeric is a miracle spice. It is used in Ayurvedic treatments as a natural healing treatment from last 5000 years.
Turmeric has the central component called Curcumin; it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It reduces inflammation of the arterial walls.
It counters the blood vessels from forming clots, reduces the possibility of plaque buildup. Thus, supports the cardiovascular system and avoids the blockage of arteries.
It counters the blood vessels from forming clots, reduces the possibility of plaque buildup. Thus, supports the cardiovascular system and avoids the blockage of arteries. It lowers the bad cholesterol and avoids the risk of strokes.
Turmeric relaxes blood vessels. A study has proved that Turmeric reduces fatty build-ups in the arteries by up to 26%.
Remedies To Use Turmeric To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can add one teaspoon of turmeric powder, honey, to a glass of warm milk. Drink this milk twice a day.
- You can consume pure turmeric supplements.
(A dosage up to 400mg to 600mg, three times a day is recommended).
- You can include turmeric in daily cooking.
3. Sesame Seed
Sesame seeds have an excellent cardioprotective substance.
This eliminates the progression of an artery disease or atherosclerosis. These are caused due to the fatty plaque deposits on the walls.
Remedies To Use Sesame Seeds To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can consume the 1-2 teaspoon of sesame seeds daily.
- You can include sesame seeds in your diet and use it in cooking recipes.
4. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin. This has an anti-inflammatory property which prevents oxidation, bad cholesterol, chest congestion. It improves the blood circulation and avoids heart diseases.
Remedies To Use Cayenne Pepper To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- Mix one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of hot water. Drink this daily for a few weeks.
- You can also mix one teaspoon of cayenne pepper, a bit of lemon juice, little of honey to a cup of green tea. Drink this concoction daily for two times for a few weeks.
- You can also take cayenne pepper supplements.
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C. It has antioxidant properties. It regulates the blood pressure and maintains healthy blood flow.
Lemon reduces inflammation and combats cholesterol levels and artery diseases. It prevents damage to the blood stream.
Remedies To Use Cayenne Pepper To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can mix the juice of 1 lemon, honey, black pepper powder in a glass of warm water. Drink it twice daily for a few weeks.
- You can add one tablespoon of lemon peels in 4-5 cups of water. Boil this for 20 minutes. Now, strain this water and add honey to it. Drink 1 cup of the water, with each meal of the day for 2-3 months.
- You can grate orange peel on the salad. And also, use it in cooking.
Ginger is an effective remedy for clogged arteries. It has compounds like gingerols and shogaols. These provide cardiovascular benefits.
It fights against plague and flushes out the toxins from the blood. It lowers the cholesterol level in the body.
Remedies To Use Ginger To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can consume raw ginger early in the morning.
- You can also mix one teaspoon of ginger paste with honey and have it early in the morning.
- You can prepare your ginger tea, by adding ginger to a hot cup of water. Boil the water, strain it and add honey to it. Drink this tea three times a day.
- It is recommended not to use ginger if you have gallstones or gastric problems.
7. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds have a saponins compound; this reduces artery-clogging LDL cholesterol level.
It has a high amount of fiber, helpful in reducing bad cholesterol levels.
Remedies To Use Fenugreek Seeds To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for the night. In the morning, eat the soaked seeds and drink water on an empty stomach.
- You can add one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water. Boil this for 5 minutes, strain it and add a little honey to it. Drink this water twice daily.
8. Red Yeast Rice
Red Yeast Rice has minerals like campesterol, phytosterols, stigmasterol, beta-sitosterol, isoflavones. These minerals promote cardiovascular health. It regulates the cholesterol level of the body.Red Yeast Rice helps to unclog the arteries and reduces the risk of heart attacks.
Remedies To Use Red Yeast Rice To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can include red yeast rice in your diet. It is cooked the same way as white or brown rice.
- You can also take red yeast rice supplements, if necessary.
Flaxseeds have the richness of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and fiber. This regulates blood pressure and reduces inflammation.
Thereby, it aids to a healthy heart. This, in turn, helps keep arteries clear of obstructions and improves overall heart health.
It allows proper blood flow and protects the arteries against blockage.You can consume 2 to 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseed each day. This will do no harm to you.
Remedies To Use Flaxseeds To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can add a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds to yogurts, soups, and cereals.You can sprinkle a little ground flax seed to the salads.
- Flaxseeds can also be used as a sugar substitute when preparing baked goods.You can add flaxseeds to delicious smoothies and juices.
Pomegranate is rich in Vitamin C, E and K. It has antioxidant phytochemicals. This protects the circulatory system and prevents the blood clots.
It produces nitric oxide in the blood; this helps to regulate the blood pressure. It avoids the plaque to build up in the arteries.
Remedies To Use Pomegranate To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
Eat one pomegranate daily. You can also intake a glass of fresh pomegranate juice daily.
11. Green Tea
Green Tea has catechins. This component helps to block the absorption of cholesterol, during the process of digestion.
Green tea improves the lipid profile ratio of the body. It boosts the body metabolism, which is favorable for weight loss. Thus, eliminates the tension of arterial blockage and improves cardiac health.
Remedies To Use Green Tea To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
You can take green tea twice daily to get rid of clogged arteries.
12. Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate has an antioxidant property. It is rich in fiber, magnesium, and iron. It keeps you away from the blockage of arteries and heart disease.
Though dark chocolates are slightly bitter in taste, they have significant benefits.
So, next time you visit the market ask for dark chocolate rather than the sweet ones you are fond of.
Remedies To Use Dark Chocolate To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can use dark chocolate while baking.
- It is recommended to take a small piece of the dark chocolate each time. Don’t eat excess. It can be harmful.
Cinnamon has antioxidants; it reduces the cholesterol levels in the body. It improves cardiac health.
It prevents the plaque that builds up on the inner walls of the arteries.
Remedies To Use Cinnamon To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
- You can use cinnamon as a substitute for the sugar.
- You can use it while cooking.
- You can also sprinkle it on top of the coffee.
14. Olive Oil
Olive oil has an essential fatty acid – monounsaturated oleic acid.It is also known as the healthiest oil. It regulates the blood pressure and keeps the cholesterol levels normal.
A study has proved that olive oil has reduced the cardiovascular disease by up to 41%.
It is recommended that before you buy olive oil, please make sure it is 100% organic virgin olive oil.
Remedies To use Olive Oil To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
You can use olive oil while cooking. It can also be used for dressing salads etc.
Barley provides different nutrients to the body; it energizes the metabolism. Thereby, removes the artery blockage and smoothes the blood flow. It prevents heart diseases.
Remedies To Use Barley To Eliminate Clogged Arteries
You can use barley as flour for making chapattis. You can drink barley water.
Asparagus has a great nutrient value. It has minerals and Vitamins like Vitamin K, Vitamin B1, B2, C and E. It is fibrous too.
Asparagus regulates the blood pressure, by lowering the high blood pressure. It prevents the blood clots that damage the arteries.
Remedies To Use Asparagus Clogged Arteries
You can consume steamed asparagus once daily.
17. The SMASH Fish Diet
SMASH means Sardines, Mackerel, Anchovies, Salmon, Herring. Cold water fish contains essential Omega-3 fatty acids. This reduces the bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in the blood. It prevents inflammation and promotes a healthy heart.
Remedies To Use Fish Clogged Arteries
You can consume fish at least two servings per week.
Some tips that you should follow while following the home remedies to unclog the arteries are
• You should avoid eating excessive junk and fried food.
• Please do not eat fried red meat.
• Limit the intake of excessive sugar.
• Prohibit smoking.
• Prevent the intake of alcoholic beverages.
• Include beans and whole-grain products in your diet.
• Eat nuts like walnut and almonds
• Eat plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables.
• Use pure extra virgin oil for cooking.
• Exercise daily.
• Meditate daily to relax your body and to stay calm.
• Once a week, enjoy the early morning sunlight.
Causes Of Clogged Arteries
The primary causes of clogged arteries are
• High blood pressure
• Lack of physical exercise
• Type I and Type II diabetes
• High LDL cholesterol levels
• Inflammation from other diseases, such as arthritis
Symptoms Of Clogged Arteries
The symptoms of clogged arteries are
- Chest pain
- Numbness on one side of the body
- Inability to move an arm or a leg
- Severe Leg Pain
- Shortness of breath
- Tightening of the jaws
- An irregular heartbeat
- Cold feet
- Weakness or dizziness
- Loss of vision in one eye
- Loss of appetite
How Can You Know About Clogged Arteries?
The different methods that tell us about clogged arteries are:
- Cholesterol screening
- Chest X-ray
- Stress Test
- CT scan
- MRI or PET scanning
So, take care of your health. Follow the remedies; these will help you to stay healthy and boost your immune system.