Have come across unwanted pregnancy and you are looking for a natural way of abortion.
It’s better to use natural home remedies for abortion in early pregnancy as they are absolutely side-effect free and give effective results. This kind of abortion using the natural home remedies is termed as self-induced abortion.
The article will tell you about the proven home remedies for Abortion in early pregnancy.
What Is Natural Miscarriage?
Natural miscarriage or Self- induced abortion is an activity to abort or miscarry a fetus without medical treatment. The body itself is induced to miscarry the fetus.
Furthermore, the use of natural home remedies makes it a cost-effective solution. Home remedies involve various herbs, massage, and vitamins to miscarry fetus. 1
This process doesn’t need the involvement of any other person. You can do it on your own.
Natural Home Remedies For Abortion
It is an easily available delicious fruit that can even act as an abortifacient. Raw papaya has an enzyme papain in it. Studies suggest that papaya has a tendency to increase the secretion of estrogen in the body and hinder the production of progesterone.2
During early pregnancy, progesterone is a hormone that aids in the growth of the endometrium. The endometrium is the outer lining of the uterus to which the ovum attaches for implantation so, for the fetus to grow the endometrium is very crucial. Disruption of this lining will not cause the growth of the embryo and thus will lead to abortion.
How To Use Papaya For Abortion?
To terminate a pregnancy at home try consuming raw Papaya on a regular basis until you get the result.
This is another natural home remedy for self-induced abortion. Angelica root is known to start monthly periods and cause uterine contractions in women. So this can also lead to abortion.
How To Use Angelic For Abortion?
- For the remedy, take 6-15 falls of angelic in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Drink it 4 times a day for a self-induced abortion.
3. Black Cohosh
This herb makes your uterus ready for miscarriage. It does by preventing the growth of the uterus lining.3
It will not completely do abortion but will promote it. You may suffer from a few side effects. But they are not permanent they will go on their own with time.
How To Use Black Cohosh For Abortion?
For the remedy try consuming a lot of red cohosh throughout the day.
It is one of the most common holistic practice for abortion in early pregnancy.4 Acupuncture is primarily done to remove the foreign substances from the body.
After conceiving, there are pregnancy hormones in the body that are secreted to prevent the baby (fetus) from expelling out. The acupuncture counteracts these pregnancy hormones and forces the body to expel out the fetus.
How To Use Acupuncture For Abortion?
You cannot do the procedure at home. It is recommended to go to the acupuncture therapist and get it done.
5. Boost Intake Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C has natural contraceptives properties. It works by raising the levels of Estrogen in your body.5With the rise in estrogen, the progesterone levels are decreased. This hormonal changes eventually lead to bleeding and termination of pregnancy.
How To Use Vitamin C For Abortion?
- Include food items that are rich in vitamin C and citrus fruits in your diet. m of 10-12 grams of Vitamin C per day for 5-10 days.
- Try taking 500mg of Vitamin C daily. You have to gradually increase the dose of Vitamin C by 15grams. daily.
- Take the fruit at regular interval so as to maintain the level of Vitamin C in the body.
6. Sesame Seeds Mixed With Water And Honey
It is another effective remedy for self- induced abortion. The seeds when mixed with honey cause instant abortion.
How To Use Sesame Seeds For Abortion?
There are two ways to use it for abortion. You can choose any one of it.
- Soak handful quantity of sesame seeds in water for overnight.
- Strain out the seeds and drink water daily at least for a month.
- This will help you in terminating your early pregnancy.
- Another method is to take some fried sesame seeds and mix honey in it.
- Have a lot of sesame seeds to get better results.
7. Parsley Leaves
Parsley is another most effective home remedy for a natural miscarriage. If you miss your periods then it will help in maintaining the regularity of your periods.
Moreover, it helps in successful abortion at the first stage of pregnancy. The herb works to loosen the cervix and hence leads to abortion.6
In addition to it, it also has Vitamin C. Vitamin C increases the levels of Estrogen and increase the blood flow to the reproductive organs. All this together thins up the uterine wall and cause the cervix to open which eventually expels out the fetus.
How To Use Parsley For Abortion?
- You can make a juice of fresh parsley leaves with water. Another option is to make a tea of dried parsley leaves and drink.
- Additionally, you can take some springs of parsley and place it in your vagina for overnight.
- Do this for several days for better results.
8. Pineapple Juice
Pineapple is rich in vitamin C and other chemicals and enzymes that lead to miscarriage. 7It operates deep inside your body and helps in successful miscarriage.
How To Use Pineapple For Abortion?
Make a fresh juice of pineapple and drink it daily. Alternatively, you can have pineapple cubes too for successful abortion.
9. Chamomile Tea
This home remedy is sure to surprise you because chamomile tea is also recommended for pregnant women for better health. For pregnant women, chamomile tea in low doses can help relieve the pain associated with pregnancy.
Nevertheless, a compound found in Chamomile named Thujone can cause uterine contractions. These contractions can help to expel out the baby. To induce an abortion you need to elevate the levels of Thujone in your body.
How To Use Chamomile Tea For Abortion?
- You just have to increase the intake of chamomile tea.
- Take some dried chamomile and pour warm water in it. Leave it for 4-5 minutes and then drink it.
- Drink few cups of chamomile tea daily for a natural abortion.
10. Aspirin Pills
Aspirin pills can be taken to maintain the regularity in your period cycle. In addition to this, it is a sure shot remedy for terminating an unwanted pregnancy as it helps to shed the uterine wall and thereby expel out the fetus.8
How To Use Aspirin For Abortion?
- Take 5-6 pills at a time with water for in a day. Do this for few days
- Try including other home remedies along with it. Try to include these food items like avocado, ginger, parsley, cloves, and figs or any other herb and nuts in your diet.
11. Pennyroyal Drops
It is also called American Pennyroyal. This is the most effective medicinally tested natural remedy for miscarriage. These drops are extensively used for making pills and contraceptives. The Pennyroyal drops have a substance pulgeon in it that can cause uterine contraction and thus terminate the pregnancy. Although mild in nature it’s very effective.9
How To Use Pennyroyal Drops For Abortion?
Buy pennyroyal capsules or pills. You can also buy pennyroyal solution or oil and have it daily.
12. Dong Quai
It is also called Angelica Sinensis. Donq Quai is used for centuries to treat reproductive problems in females. It can work to improve circulation, alleviating Dysmenorrhea, induce labor, prepare the cervix for labor, and extract the placenta.
The work of the herb depends upon the use. It can stimulate uterine contraction in one way and in the other way it can quell uterine contraction too. It stimulates the uterus causing strong contractions which lead to bleeding and abortion.
How To Use Dong Quai For Abortion?
- For abortion, a tincture or decoction from Angelica sinensis is effective.
- Alternatively, you can even take capsules. Start off with 1000mg dose and then go down to 800mg.
- Take it after every 4 hours until bleeding starts. You can also buy Dong Quai powder.
- Mix it the powder with water and drink it several times a day.
13. Heavy Exercises
Workout daily for a long period of time can also cause abortion. Include some rigorous exercise in your workout plan like cardio, HIIT, etc. Alternatively, prefer climbing stairs, doing squats, sit-ups, skipping for several times a day.10
14. Goji Berry
They are also known as Wolfberry. The berry contains lots of vital nutrients, of them the nutrient that is meant for natural abortion is Vitamin C.It is present in very high amounts in goji berries. They work by disrupting the pregnancy hormones in the body and thereby causing its termination.
How To Use Goji Berry For Abortion?
For the remedy, you have to 50-100gm of goji berry every day.
15. Evening Primrose Oil
Primrose oil has the properties to avoid high blood pressure, reduce labor, and cause on-time delivery for pregnant women. However, if it has taken or applied topically it can terminate a pregnancy.
Its application relaxes the cervical muscles and prepares the uterus to expel out the baby during labor. The same technique can be applied for abortion too.
How To Use Evening Primrose Oil For Abortion?
- You can take pills or oil for the same. Squeeze the contents of the oil onto a tampon and wear it overnight.
- Alternatively, you can even massage the oil on the cervix.
- At the same time, take 2-3 capsules of evening primrose oil in a day for effective results.
Cinnamon is used from traditional times to stimulate the uterus for delivery. However, you can have high doses of cinnamon to terminate a pregnancy in early stages.11
The uncooked spice is the most effective for the same. The reason behind this is still not known but, there are many cases where cinnamon has terminated pregnancy completely.
How To Use Cinnamon For Abortion?
- The raw Cinnamon powder is best for ending a pregnancy.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Try having it for several days for successful results.
17. Sexual Intercourse
Regular intercourse during the initial days can successfully help you abort. In the initial days, sexual intercourse is not recommended as the uterus is preparing for the new changes and is not that strong. Regular sexual intercourse can cause the walls of the uterus to disrupt and thus terminate the pregnancy.
18. Banana Leaves
Banana Leaves can effectively terminate an unwanted pregnancy. It has secondary metabolites and enzymes that can cause a decrease in the secretion of pregnancy hormones and thus terminate it.
How To Use Banana Leaves For Abortion?
For the remedy, you have to mix unripe Acacia pods with banana leaves shoots. make a powder using both the ingredients. You can add sugar to taste. Mix the powder in a glass of water. Take it regularly to induce your periods.12
You can use this herb for a natural abortion. The herb works by shrinking the uterus. If the uterus is shrinking the growth of the fetus won’t occur and eventually the pregnancy would be ended.
How To Use Tansy For Abortion?
- Take few leaves of tansy leaves and chew them. Alternatively, you can make a decoction using tansy leaves.
- Take a few tansy leaves and boil them in water for good 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink it several times a day for the desired results.
Mugwort is a shrub that was used to treat reproductive issues. But later it was used to treat an array of diseases like digestive issues, bronchitis, etc. Nowadays, it’s widely used to terminate the pregnancy.
It does so as it contains volatile oils, flavonoids, tannins, absinthin and these can stimulate the uterus and fetus.13
How To Use Mugwort For Abortion?
- Mugwort should be taken as a tea. For this, you have to boil a handful of mugwort leaves in a glass of water and then drink it as a decoction.
- Alternatively, if you get the mugwort powder, you can mix the powder and drink it as it is.
- Drink this 4-5 times a day till your period starts.
Self-massage or Massage therapy is a relaxing technique it relieves your entire body. For terminating pregnancy abdominal massage is preferred. This is one of the safest procedure to successfully abort.14
How To Use Massage For Abortion?
- Take any type of oil like olive, castor, coconut, etc. Massage this oil regularly in and around your abdominal area.
- Massage in downward directions.
- This will release the fetus and cause an abortion.
- Prefer massaging with pressure in the pelvic bone area for maximum results.
22. Hot Shower
You can take hot water bath anytime. It is the natural way to abort the fetus. Try taking a shower multiple times day. Try taking a hot shower or soaking yourself in a hot tub for about 20 minutes twice a day. Additionally, you can even induce hot water in your vaginal area to terminate the pregnancy.
23. Cotton Root Bark
The cotton plant is a shrub that can act as an abortifacient. It can relieve period pain, fertility issues, loss of sex drive, and cause spontaneous termination.
How To Use Cotton Root Bark For Abortion?
- You can drink cotton root bark as a tea. Take 100gm of cotton root bark and boil it one liter of water.
- Boil it till it reduces to half. Drink this water three to four times a day for a complete abortion.
Does Natural Miscarriage Safe?
A natural miscarriage is safe for preventing early or unwanted pregnancy. But it may cause mild side effects. The intensity of side effects depends on women to women.
It may be also possible that you don’t suffer from side effects. Because natural home remedies are safest and help you attain proper health easily.
Are Home Remedies Safe For Abortion?
There are home remedies for abortion that are used in traditional times and are absolutely safe and effective. You can use them without a second thought
Are These Home Remedies Effective?
You may be thinking whether these remedies will work or not. You can use any of the above- mentioned remedies for successful abortion. These are widely used and successfully work to stop an unwanted pregnancy.
How Long After Getting Pregnant You Can Use These Remedies?
As soon as you come to know that you have an unwanted pregnancy, use these remedies. Also, you should not use these remedies for abortion if you are pregnant for more than two months.
Side Effects Of Abortion
You may or may not encounter these side effects. But it’s better to know them for better understanding.
- Perforation of the uterus
- Damage to cervix
- Damage to other organs
- Persistent or heavy bleeding
- Foul-smelling discharge
- Infection or sepsis
- Bleeding more than the normal menstrual period
- Scarring of the uterine lining
- Fever above 100.4 F
- Severe back and abdominal pain that prevents you from standing straight.
What To Do If These Remedies Are Not Working?
If you are using these remedies for several days then wait for some days. Because self- induced miscarriage takes 20 days to give fruitful results.
Moreover, if you find these methods are not working then you can go for medical abortion. Well, there are more chances that these remedies will work out. And also it will stop your unwanted pregnancy.
The unwanted pregnancy comes with a lot of stress. The decision to abort the fetus should be taken as soon as possible. We recommend you to decide it before 2 months of pregnancy to avoid future health complications.
The most desired way to abort is by following natural home remedies. It is because they are safe and side-effect free and are sure to give the desired results. The only con with the natural ways of abortion is the time they take.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Wiebe E, Janssen P. Conservative management of spontaneous abortions. Women’s experiences. Can Fam Physician. 1999 Oct;45:2355–2360|
|2.||↑||Adebiyi A, Adaikan PG, Prasad RN. Papaya (Carica papaya) consumption is unsafe in pregnancy: fact or fable? Scientific evaluation of a common belief in some parts of Asia using a rat model. 2002 Aug;88(2):199-203.|
|3.||↑||Seely D, Perri D, Koren G, Mills E. Safety and efficacy of black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) during pregnancy and lactation. 2006 Fall;13(3)|
|4.||↑||Jimin Park, Youngjoo Sohn, Adrian R White. The safety of acupuncture during pregnancy: a systematic review.2014 Jun; 32(3): 257–266|
|5.||↑||Rumbold A, Ota E, Nagata C, Shahrook S, Crowther CA. Vitamin C supplementation in pregnancy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015|
|6.||↑||Ciganda C1, Laborde A. Herbal infusions used for induced abortion. 2003;41(3):235-9.|
|7.||↑||Conway, R. (2012). What to eat when you’re pregnant|
|8.||↑||Söderstrom-Anttila V, Foudila T, Ailus K, Palosuo T, Ylikorkala O. Low-dose aspirin in prevention of miscarriage in women with unexplained or autoimmune related recurrent miscarriage. 1997 Jul;12(7):1567-72.|
|9.||↑||Pennyroyal. In, PDR for Herbal Medicines. 4th ed. Montvale, New Jersey: Thomson Healthcare Inc. 2007: pp. 639-40.|
|10.||↑||Latka M, Kline J, Hatch M. Exercise and spontaneous abortion of known karyotype. 1999 Jan;10(1):73-5|
|11.||↑||Broussard CS, Louik C, Honein MA, Mitchell, AA. Herbal use before and during pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202(5): 443.e1-e6.|
|12.||↑||Forster DA, Denning A, Wills G, Bolger M, McCarthy E. Herbal medicine use during pregnancy in a group of Australian women. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2006;6:21-29|
|13.||↑||Fleming T. PDR for herbal medicines. 4th ed. Thomson healthcare Inc. USA. 2009, pp: 121,414, 522, 649.|
|14.||↑||Havránek F. Abortion induced through massage. 1977 Aug;42(7):532.|