You might have heard about many spiders. This is a different one from the normal spider which lives in our home. It usually lives in borrows and prefers warm places. The wounds caused because of the wolf spiders are known as wolf spider bites.
In this post, I will explain you about the symptoms you will face when you are affected by wolf spider bite and the treatment for curing it.
Wolf Spider Bite
When you see a hairy gray, brown or black spider, do not attack it. These are very dangerous. These types of spiders will be very aggressive when it comes to hunting. They will not harm you unless you attack or disturb them.
When you disturb them, at first they will try to overcome it. When they can’t, then the spiders attack you exposing its large fangs. They will inject venom o your body.
These types of spiders are very large in size. You can easily identify or recognize the wolf spiders. The wolf spiders will have two largest eyes. They have excellent eyesight and usually, they hunt alone.
They are mostly found in the regions like United States, Canada, Australia and South America. You can find the wolf spider mostly during winter seasons.
How To Identify The Wolf Spider Bite?
To identify whether you are affected by wolf spider bite or not, first, you have to know about the wolf spider and its characteristics in detail.
i. The first and foremost thing by which you can easily find is that wolf spiders have totally 8 eyes. These eight eyes are arranged in three rows.
ii. Two medium sized eyes at the front, two very large sized and prominent eyes behind them and four small sized eyes at the bottom.
iii. The two large eyes which is present in-between the two rows will glow brightly even when it is dark. It looks circular in shape.
iv. A wolf spider bite will be very painful to you and will be traumatic also.
v. The wolf spiders have two segmented bodies.
vi. The wolf spiders have an open circulatory system.
vii. They live inside he borrows and not in spin webs. They will close borrow with the help of pebbles during the rainy season in order to prevent them from the flood water.
viii. When you get a wolf spider bite, you can notice two red dots and some redness on your skin where it bit you.
ix. They are not very dangerous when compared to the other spiders like black widow and brown recluse spiders.
Symptoms Of Wolf Spider Bite
There are many symptoms you will have when you have a wolf spider bite. A bite from the wolf spider is considered to be very venomous and dangerous one too. It might also lead to certain complications.
Some of the symptoms are listed below
a. You will have more pain in the place where you have got the wolf spider bite.
b. You will have two small red dots on your skin.
c. Your skin will become red in the place where the spider bit you.
d. It might even lead to itching and swelling also.
e. This pain and the swelling will last for about 14 days.
In some cases, you will get wounds because of the wolf spider bite. The symptoms you will have when you have wound are listed below
f. You will have to redden of skin
g. The place where you got wound will get swelled up.
h. The skin around the wound would become black in color and there are chances for the lymph glands to get swelled up.
i. You will have acute pain the place where you got wound and might lead to itching also.
In some rare cases, you may have allergic infections. In such cases, you will have the following symptoms.
j. You may feel dizzy and feel like fainting.
k. You will have redness and swelling in your skin.
l. You might have an urge or feel like vomiting.
m. You will have a rapid pulse at most of the times.
n. You will feel itching in your skin.
When you get a wolf spider bite, at first you have to do certain things to prevent it become worse. The precaution steps are given below.
i. The first thing you have to do when you get a spider bite is that, to notice how the spider looks.
ii. Because you have to confirm whether the bite is caused by the wolf spider or not.
iii. If you can’t have a clear view of the spider, then you can find it with the help of the symptoms you have.
First Aid For Wolf Spider Bite
The first aid steps you can carry out when you get a wolf spider bite are as follows.
- You can put a wet cloth on the place where you got the spider bite. This can prevent you from itching and pain.
- The coolness in the wet cloth can make you feel better.
- You must clean the wound with the help of an antibiotic soap and clean water. Keep the affected part of your skin to prevent further infection.
- You will have acute pain in the area where you got the wolf spider bite. You can take any painkillers like Acetaminophen to prevent you from the pain.
- Do not rub your skin because you will feel itchy on the skin where you got the bite.
- If you rub it, it might make the wound to become larger and you will get more pain and swelling.
- A very strict monitoring of the wound is required to cure it soon.
You can follow these above steps for the first seven days. When the wound is small and is not severe, you will get cured and you notice that when you see the wound. You will not feel much pain.
Home Remedies For Wolf Spider Bite
There are many home remedies for the wolf spider bite. Some of the home remedies are listed below.
Salt has many antiseptic properties in it. It can act as a natural remedy for the wolf spider bite.
- Clean the affected area with clean water.
- Take some table salt and spread it on a small cloth.
- You can tie the cloth along with the salt in the affected area as a bandage.
- Salt has the ability to take the venom and it can prevent you from any further infections.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a chemical compound which consists of salts of sodium ions and bicarbonate ions in it. It is alkaline in nature. This alkaline property can help you in taking the venom from the affected area.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and then mix it with three teaspoons of warm water.
- Mix it well and apply this mixture to the affected area using cotton.
- This can prevent you from itching and pain.
- You can do this several times until you get healed.
3. Raw Cabbage
Cabbage is a leafy vegetable which is known to be one of the most powerful medicines for spider bites.
- Clean the affected area with warm water.
- Take a raw cabbage and take a small piece of it.
- Place the small piece of cabbage on the affected area and cover it with the bandage or a cloth.
- Leave it for a night.
- This will take the venom from your body and will prevent it from further spreading.
4. A Pack Of Ice
An ice pack can really help you well in spider bites. You will have itching, redness, and swelling when you get wolf spider bite. This will prevent you from all the complications.
- You can wrap few ice cubes in a cloth and place it on the affected area for few minutes.
- This can prevent you from swelling and redness.
- Maintaining a cool temperature is very essential when you get a wolf spider bite.
- This can really help you well in maintaining the temperature.
Charcoal is a good absorbent. This property of charcoal can help you in removing the toxic substances from your body. As soon as you remove the toxic substances, the wound will get healed very soon and easily.
- Take a teaspoon of charcoal and mix it with water and make it as a paste.
- Apply this paste to the wound thoroughly.
- You can do this for every three hours.
Potatoes have great healing power. This can act as great anti-irritating and soothing agent. So, this will help you to get healed soon from the wolf spider bite.
- Take a piece of potato and squash it.
- Place the squashed potato on the wound and tie the affected area with a cloth.
- Leave it until it gets dry and repeats it after three hours.
7. Turmeric And Olive Oil
Turmeric powder and olive oil are said to be great healing agents.
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it with olive oil.
- Make it as a paste.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- This can prevent you from further infections.
Garlic can be used in curing the wolf spider bite.
- Take few pieces of raw garlic.
- You can apply it directly to the wound and leave it for a night.
- This can help in getting a relief from the wound.
When you notice that the wound is becoming larger or when it get swelled up too much, it is better to consult a doctor. You may be subjected to some allergic infections also. So, it is better to get treated with the help of a doctor.
Note down all the symptoms you have and tell about it clearly to doctor. If you are sure that you got affected by wolf spider then you can tell that to the doctor. The treatment will be given to you according to it. You need not get panic when you get the wolf spider bite.
The only prevention you should take to prevent yourself from the wolf spider bite is that not to disturb it when you come across it.
Because these spiders do not attack you unless you disturb them.