You can get rid of scars easily by using home remedies.Scars don’t look good and affect your personality.You definitely want to remove scars as soon as possible.
With the rapid change of era, the perception of beauty also has changed. When beauty is concerned, the first step anyone takes is to take care of our skin because no matter what a flawless skin will always be the best makeup anyone can wear.
Although keeping skin healthy is not a big job, some factors become troublesome. The most common factors usually are tanning, pigmentation, freckles, and scars.
Nobody wants to relish bad moments of the past, but scars are the signs which bring them back fresh into our mind. Hence it becomes necessary to eliminate them. To eliminate them first we need to have full knowledge about them.
What Are Scars?
Scars are spaces of fibrous tissue that grow over normal skin after some hurt. A scar is caused by the biological procedure of wound healing in other tissues and the skin of the body.
So, scarring is a normal step of the repair procedure. Leaving very dwarf lesions, every wound (e.g., disease, after accident or surgery) ends in small means of scarring.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Scars
1. Aloe Vera
It’s a natural scar removing treatment due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits. It is a natural softener to help the healing of the affected skin and promotes the growth of lively skin. It may also promote the texture of the skin.
Aloe Vera is regarded as an amazing ayurvedic herb for beautiful glowing skin.
How To Use:
Remove the outer green cover of the Aloe Vera leaves and then spoon out the gel-like contents. Massage the gel onto your scar and apply it in circular movements. Let it stay for about thirty minutes and then clean it off.
Use this Aloe Vera contents twice every day. Don’t use Aloe Vera contents on unhealed wounds.This is the best remedy to get rid of scars from cutting.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is another outstanding ingredient that helps reduces scars. The vitamin E, a natural antioxidant, in coconut oil speeds the repairing time and stops newer scars from developing.
Also, the caprylic, capric and lauric acids were seen in coconut oil promote collagen production, enhances repair of affected skin and reverse free radical problems.
- Warm some virgin coconut oil to liquefy it. Pour the warm oil on your palm and apply it on the diseased space for five to ten minutes.
- Let it stay on for at least one hour so that the skin can absorb the oil.
- For better results, repeat two to four times every day.
3. Vitamin E Oil
It is a useful antioxidant that helps to reduce scars. Its moisturizing benefits hydrate your skin and help to heal the affected tissue and enhance the appearance of scars.
- Opening some vitamin E capsules to get the oil is a good idea. Apply the oil on the scar and massage delicately for ten minutes.
- Let it stay for about fifteen to twenty minutes, and then cleanse it off with slightly heated water.
- Do this many times a daily. Try this on a dwarf patch of skin before, as vitamin E oil might cause an allergic action in few people.
4. Olive Oil
Olive Oil is a natural, effective scar removal remedy. It contains vitamin E and enables to keep the skin moisturized and soft.This also promotes the repair of affected skin. For better results, use virgin olive oil.Use this remedy get rid of self-harm scars.
How To Use:
- Massage some slightly heated virgin olive oil onto the damaged space and apply using dwarf, circular motions.
- Wait thirty minutes, and then clean the oil with a cloth. You may also let the oil on your skin over-night.
It has alpha hydroxyl acids that have many health benefits that help treat all types of scars. Lemon enhances the growth of newer skin cells, removes dead skin cells and gives elasticity of the skin.
The vitamin C present in lemon helps repair and regenerate affected skin. Also, the bleaching action of lemon and lemon peel enables to lighten scars.
- Massage some lime juice on the diseased space. Those who have delicate skin can use diluted lemon juice with similar quantities of vitamin E oil or rose water and then massage it onto the scar.
- Wait ten minutes to cleanse it with slightly heated water. Repeat once every day until the scar reduces.
- As lemon makes your skin photosensitive, do not go out in the sun just after use and make sure you use sunscreen while you go outside.
It is an excellent natural moisturizer that makes it a good scar removal remedy. It prevents a collection of skin cells that are dead and enhances skin tissue regrowth.
- Massage some honey onto the scar, hide it with the help of a bandage and let it stay overnight. The next morning, cleanse it with slightly heated water. Repeat this every day before you go to bed.
- Another option may be to make a face scrub with equal quantities of crystallized sugar and honey. Massage it on the diseased space and scrub delicately for some minutes.
- Cleanse it with slightly warm water, dry and use a moisturizer. Do this treatment twice or once in a week.
7. Cocoa Butter
It is a natural outstanding moisturizer that heals all types of scars. It enters deep in the skin and helps to keep the diseased space moisturized for longer. This helps in the growth of newer skin tissues in the areas of the affected ones.Also, vitamin E found in cocoa butter helps in repairing the skin.Apply cocoa butter to remove scars on legs.
- Massage some cocoa butter on the scar and apply it delicately in a firm, circular motion.
- Let it stay overnight and cleanse it the next morning with slightly heated water.
- Repeat every day till the scar reduces.
8. Tea Tree Oil
It is useful essential oil to aid the management of skin conditions and to decrease blemishes and scars, due to its skin healing and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Add four drops of tea tree oil to two tablespoons of water. Use this diluted resolution to cleanse the diseased space two or three times daily.
- Alternatively, you may add two or three drops of tea tree oil to one teaspoon of almond oil. Massage it onto the scar, let it stay for thirty minutes and then cleanse it off with hot water.
- You can use this remedy once every day. Do not use tea tree oil when it is undiluted. Also, when using this oil for the 1st time, you should do a patch test.
According to ancient times, sandalwood has soothing and skin-regenerating benefits that may decrease all forms of scars. Sandalwood remove wound scars from face effectivly.
How To Use:
- Mix similar quantities of any carrier oil and sandalwood oil of your liking. Massage it onto the scar with a ball of cotton.
- Let it stay for thirty minutes, and then clean it with heated water. Do this treatment twice every day.
- Another option can be to mix one teaspoon of sandalwood fine powder and then add some milk or rose water to make a mixture. Massage this paste onto the scar and rub delicately.
- Let it stay for one hour before cleansing it with cold water. Do this once every day.
10. Rosehip Seed Oil
This is used foremost commonly in cosmetics, especially in scar removing creams.Use this to remove cut marks permanently from hand.
Take few droplets of this on your fingertips and delicately apply it onto the scars. Do this twice a daily. It can be used entirely on the skin.
11. Ice Cubes
This is a very simple and easy home treatment for reducing the scars.
Take one ice cube and delicately rub it onto the scars.
Keep a piece of tomato on the scar or gently massage with tomato juice. Like lime, a tomato is also known to work as natural type bleach.
Take some neem leaves (Azadirachtaindica leaves) and make a smooth paste. Massage it onto the scars. It may also be used as a face-pack. This may not only reduce the scars but can also resolve many skin problems, like pimples, etc. It also contains antifungal and antibacterial benefits, which works better if massaged onto the skin.
14. Fuller’s Earth
Take one tablespoon of this fuller’s earth and one tablespoon of lemon juice, along with one tablespoon of rosewater. Mix all of them to ready a smooth fine paste. Massage it onto the scar and gently rub it.
Then, massage one extra layer onto it and let it stay for fifteen minutes to dry. Clean it off later.
NOTE: Fuller’s Earth is also known as MultaniMitti.
15. Garlic Oil
Take some droplets of garlic oil on your fingertips and massage onto the scars. Let this oil stay for fifteen minutes.
Garlic has various anti-biotic benefits and is a useful natural remedy for the removal of scars.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar
You can also heal different types of scars with apple cider vinegar. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. This promotes the growth of healthy skin cells and reduces the appearance of scars.
Also, apple cider vinegar balances the pH level of your skin, which is essential for healthy skin texture.
- Mix equal amounts of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water. Dip a cotton ball in it and apply it on the scar. Leave it on for 5 minutes, and then rinse it off with water. Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, prepare a solution with two tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, 2/3 cup of water and one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture on the scar, leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
17. Lavender Oil
The lavender essential oil contains skin cell rejuvenating properties that can help treat scar tissue and keloid scars. It helps increase the skin cell turnover rate, in turn preventing scars from becoming permanent.
- Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil on the scar.
- Massage gently in circular motions for 10 to 15 minutes so that the oil penetrates deep into the skin.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of lavender oil and olive oil, apply it on the affected area and massage gently for several minutes. Repeat this for at least three weeks.
Take 2-3 almonds and soak them in water. Leave them overnight. In the morning, peel off the skin from the almonds and mash them. Add a few drops of rosewater and apply on the scars.
Take a raw potato. Extract its juice and apply it on the scars. This will let the scars fade away. You can also rub a slice of potato on the scars, directly.
Fenugreek can be used in many ways in reducing the scars. You can take the fenugreek leaves and make a fine paste and apply it on the scars. Take the seeds and boil them. Make a paste and store it in a cool place. Apply it on scars. This remove scars from face permanently.
Place a slice of raw cucumber or apply its juice on the scar.
If you have a burned scar, then, this home remedy will help you out. Take barley, yogurt, and turmeric in equal proportions and make a paste. Apply it on the scar.
23. Baking Soda
Take five tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of water. Mix it until you make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the scars and let it dry. Wash it off, later on. Repeat this natural remedy thrice a week.this is known as best scar treatment home remedies.
24. Salt Scrub
Use a salt scrub, which contains papaya. Papaya will provide a new shine to your skin while salt scrub will exfoliate and remove the dead skin, making the scars almost invisible.
25. Chamomile Tea
Wash your scars with Chamomile tea. It will help the scars to fade away.
26. Cod Liver Oil
Apply cod liver oil on the scars for making the scars invisible.
Tips To Remove Scars Fast
Here are some more tips to reduce scars with the help of home remedies:
- Make green tea, let it chill and then apply it onto a newer scar using a swab of cotton. Massage it delicately. If used daily, it will decrease the length of the scar.
- Crush one or two aspirins, add some water to make a mixture and massage it on the scar twice every day.
- You may also use white toothpaste to enable to fade the scars.
- Avoid the exposure of scars towards the sun, which might reduce the healing procedure and might darken the scars.
- Daily massaging of the diseased space may help reduce the fibrous tissue that increases scarring.
- Exfoliate daily to reduce the older layers of the skin. This also helps the growth of healthier skin and lightens the scars.
- Using a concealer to cover the scars helps. Only make use of a concealer that is similar to your skin tone.
- Maintain a diet filled with vitamins E and C to fasten the healing procedure.
- Regular consumption of the supplements of fish oil also helps to heal scars. Consult your doctor before beginning to take any supplements.
Scars are a sign of the battle your body fought with the wound you gave yourself, and that is why you need to be persistent and patient while trying to remove them. It might take some time according to the type, shape, and size of the scar.
Scar tissue forms of the similar protein (collagen) as the tissue that it grows in place of, but the fiber consistency of the protein is dissimilar; without a random basketweave development of the collagen fibers that is found in normal tissue, in fibrosis the collagen cross-links and forms a known alignment in one single side.
This collagen scar tissue formation is generally of lower functional quality to the usual collagen randomized formation.
For example, scars on the skin have dwarf resistance to ultraviolet radiation and glands that produce sweat and hair follicles don’t grow back in the scar tissues.
A heart attack leads to scar development on the heart muscle, which may lead to decrease in muscle power and further heart failure.
However, there are also few tissues (like bone) can heal, leaving any functional or structural deterioration.When skin is damaged, fibrous tissue, also known as scar tissue, grows on the affected area to protect and repair it. This gives way to the formation of the scar.
You may get a scar on your skin due to insect bites, scrapes, accidents, burns, acne, vaccinations, chickenpox, surgical cuts, and piercings.
Scars come in all sizes and shapes and can damage your appearance and can also make you self-conscious.The body is fully capable of managing of scars, and they get lighter over time. To enhance repair, you may try some home treatments.
The aim of scar removal treatments is to minimize scar tissue enhance effective cell growth, and develop the healthy skin.
Keep in mind that there are no processes that make scars disappear permanently.
Remedies and treatments will only make it unnoticeable. Before you apply these home remedies, be sure to clean the damaged space thoroughly.
Scar tissue is a most common beauty issues for several. It is the tissue that grows over the normal skin when the skin is affected further to its 1st layer.
This may occur for many reasons like cuts, minor burns, acne, scrapes, bites, a fungal infection or some form of surgery.
Speaking technically, scar tissue is the similar form of tissue as lively skin. But, it looks dissimilar because fibers in these tissues are differently arranged.
Scar tissues do not cause acne, but it is surely a beauty problem for several, and so people look for many options to get rid of the scar.
You May Also like reading: