Warts occur because of a virus known as the Human Papillomavirus (HPM), which enters your body through contacts or cuts and scratches.Warts are more likely to develop on the broken skin, such as picked side nails or areas nicked by shaving, because the virus can enter through the top layer of your skin.
Children get warts much more often than adults because their immune systems are not strong enough to protect against the numerous types of human papillomavirus that exist.
Warts are contagious. They spread through human-human contact as they as contact through someone’s used things such as napkins or towels.
Warts can easily spread through your body. When you touch it or pick on it and touch another area of your body without washing your hands, you can spread the virus. Or even if you use a razor or towel which you have used over your affected area then the virus might spread.
Many skin warts contain some black dots that resemble little seeds. These spots are visible blood vessels that are supplying warts with nutrients and oxygen.
Table of Contents
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Warts
Garlic has antiviral, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties that fight viral infections.Garlic is the best way to remove warts on face.
How To Remove Warts Using Garlic
- Crush a garlic clove and apply it to the affected part and surround it with a bandage.Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash the area thoroughly.
- Repeat this procedure2 times daily for about a week. The alkali effect of the garlic will cause the wart to burn and fall off. Big warts may take a long time to heal.
- If the smell of garlic bothers you, you can take garlic capsules three times a day for a week.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
This ingredient has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
How To Remove Warts Using Vinegar
- Dilute two parts apple cider vinegar in one part water.Apply this solution on the affected area by using a clean cotton ball. Wrap the area with a bandage or tape.
- Repeat this remedy for a few weeks. Within a few weeks, warts will start turning black. Soon after, warts will fall off leaving a small mark that will slowly vanish.
3. Vitamin C
Vitamin C has a very acidic nature and hence can help wear the wart away and also fight the virus itself.
How To Remove Warts Using Vitamin C
- Break two to three vitamin C tablets in a bowl. Add a little water and mix it to form a smooth paste.
- Rub the paste on your warts and wrap the area with a bandage. Initially, it will cause some burning sensation, but it will quickly go away.
4. Hot Water Soak
Soaking warts in lukewarm water will soften them and help them to heal quickly. A hot water soak will also help kill the virus and protect from infection.
How To Remove Warts Using Hot Water
- Plain hot water is good enough, but you can also put some white vinegar or Epsom salt in the water to make the treatment more effective.
- Before following this remedy, rub the affected skin area with a pumice stone for better results. Also, make sure the water is not too hot to prevent burning your skin.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda has antiseptic and strong anti-inflammatory properties present so; it can help combat viruses that cause warts.
How To Remove Warts Using Baking Soda
- Mix one teaspoon of white vinegar with baking soda to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your warts twice a day, once during the day and once at night.
- You can also mix baking soda and castor oil to form a paste. Apply it to the wart and wrap the area with a bandage.
- Leave it on overnight and remove the bandage the next morning. Repeat this remedy for four weeks, until the wart is gone.
6. Aloe Vera
The amazing herb Aloe Vera is best known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can be very effective in treating warts.
Aloe Vera also helps to remove skin tag naturally.
How To Remove Warts Using Aloe Vera
- Extract the gel from an Aloe Vera leaf. Put the aloe vera gel on your wart using a fresh cotton ball.
- Then use a bandage or tape to hold the cotton ball over the wart.Repeat the process two times daily for two weeks.
- If you do not have an aloe vera plant at home, you can buy aloe vera gel at the drugstore and rub it on the wart several times a day.
7. Tree Tea Oil
Tea tree oil has strong antiviral properties, making it a great ingredient to treat warts.
How To Remove Warts Using Tree Tea Oil
- Tea tree oil is very strong so dilute it with water or aloe vera gel before applying it to the affected skin area.
- Apply the diluted tea tree oil on your warts several times during the day and especially at night before going to bed.
- The oil is easily absorbed by the skin, so it will instantly start fighting the virus causing this problem.
8. Castor Oil
Castor oil can be used to treat various skin disorders like warts. The main chemical constituent of castor oil is ricinoleic acid, which has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Castor oil is the best remedy for small, flat warts on the face and the back of the hands.
How To Remove Warts Using Castor Oil
- Apply castor oil to your warts several times a day. Be sure the affected area is properly soaked and covered with the oil.
- Before going to bed, dip a cotton ball in castor oil and bandage it over your wart. In the morning, wash the wart and soak it in warm water for a few minutes. Then scrape off the dead skin with a pumice stone.
- Perform this remedy for a few days. The wart will become black and gradually fall off.
9. Banana Peel
Banana peels have strong antioxidant nature that can treat warts effectively. The chemicals constituents present in the banana peel will melt the wart and help your immune system fight off the virus that caused it.
How To Remove Warts Using Banana Peel
- Cut a piece of banana peel and bandage it over your wart. Do this as often as you can and especially before going to bed, leaving it on all night. For fast results, use green banana peels rather than peels from ripe bananas.
- You can also massage the affected area gently with a fresh slice of banana. The treatment time of this remedy depends mainly on the size and type of wart you are having.
Basil leaves have antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory uses which are a great combination to treat warts naturally.
How To Remove Warts Using Basil
- Simply crush some fresh basil leaves gently and rub the leaves on your warts. Alternatively, you can place the crushed leaves on warts and cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat the procedure twice daily for faster improvement.
11. Lemon Juice
Lemon is high in citric acid as well as Vitamin C and is very effective in treating viral problems. It is very effective in the treatment of warts as usual.
How To Remove Warts Using Lemon Juice
Squeeze one or two lemons in a bowl and dab cotton in it. Put the dabbed cotton with a bandage over your wart before sleeping at night. It will fall off eventually.
12. Essential oils for removal of warts
a. Oregano Essential Oil
It works wonders for health conditions like warts. It can cause a little irritation in the skin.
b. Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon Essential Oil can stabilize blood sugar, reduce swelling, and fight the virus that is causing infection. It is a natural immune booster and an antiviral that can battle both the bacterial and fungal infections.
c. Clove Essential Oil
Clove Oil works well for skin issues like warts.
d. Rosemary Essential Oil
The essential oil of Rosemary can be helpful in the treatment of painful warts.
e. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
The essential oil of Eucalyptus works perfectly for those that have persistent warts.
f. Lavender Essential Oil
The Lavender oil is quite useful for curing the of skin issues like warts. It can be used both topically and in a diffuser.
Types Of Warts
1. Common Warts
Common warts usually grow on your fingers and toes but can appear elsewhere. They have a rough and granular appearance, with a rounded top. Common warts are grayer than the surrounding skin.
2. Plantar Wart
Plantar warts grow on the soles of the feet. Unlike other warts, plantar warts grow into your skin, not out of it.
You can easily identify if you have a plantar wart if you see there is a small hole in the bottom of your foot that is surrounded by an elevated hard skin. Plantar warts can make walking uncomfortable.
3. Flat Warts
Flat warts commonly grow on the face, thighs, or arms. They are minute and not immediately noticeable. Flat warts have a flat top as if they have been scratched. They can be pink, brown, or slightly yellow.
4. Filiform Warts
Filiform warts grow around mouth or nose and sometimes on a neck or under chin regions. They are small and shaped like a tiny flap or tag of skin. Filiform warts are unicolor as your skin.
5. Periungual Warts
Periungual warts are usually found around the regions toenails and fingernails. They can be painful and might affect nail growth.
Treatment Of warts
i. Liquid Nitrogen
Liquid nitrogen tends to freeze the wart and works around warts and slowly goes inside the skin. It peels the whole skin off by forming blisters, which is affected by the virus.
This is a treatment for minor warts and warts reduce in about two weeks.
This is usually done by doctors when you don’t respond to other treatments. It is done by cutting the wart with a surgical knife or by burning it with electricity. You’ll need to receive a dose of anesthetic first, and this dose can be painful. Surgery may also cause scarring.
There are various remedies for warts by which you can treat it peacefully in the warmth of your home. That is why I mention some home remedies to get rid of warts.
When To See The Doctor?
- When warts are present on your face or another sensitive part of your body, e.g., genitals, mouth, nostrils.
- If you notice bleeding or signs of infection, such as pus, around a wart.
- When the wart is painful.
- If the color of the wart changes.
- When you have warts and diabetes or an immune deficiency, such as HIV/AIDS.
a. Wash your hands regularly, especially if you have been in contact with someone with warts.
b. Don’t irritate your warts.
c. Wrap warts with a bandage.
d. Keep your hands and feet dry.
e. Wear sandals and flip-flops when in a locker room or communal bathing facility.
Warts can be painful so get rid of them in time to save you from a gross and ‘warty’ situation. Have patience and always remember to keep your surroundings hygienic!
This post was last modified on Sep 15, 2018 1:43 PM