In this article, you will discover how to clean pores on the nose by using some of the effective home remedies. Do you see some ugly tiny spots on your nose when you look into the mirror?
Do you face acne and blackheads on your nose? While washing your face did you ever notice how tough it is to clean that little nose of yours?
Did you try some scrubs and exfoliators yet the results are just not good enough?
Table of Contents
How Pores On Your Nose Clean?
Your skin pores consist of sebaceous glands whose sole purpose is to secrete oil and keep your skin hydrated. Thus, the oil glands are responsible for maintaining the suppleness and nourishment of your skin. But, these glands also have another phase.
They may clog your pores and can also give you a dull and unhygienic skin which will eventually look bad. You may also experience clogged pores due to the deposition of dead skin cells on those pores.
Your skin sheds old cells daily to regenerate new skin cells. In this process, your skin needs to get rid of those old sloughed off dead cells to give room to your new skin cells. However, this process needs some manual effort and cannot be achieved solely by itself.
If you do not happen to clean your skin and remove those dead skin cells then they might accumulate in your skin pores and thus, in turn, clog them eventually.
Usually, these skin pores are noticed to be quite larger on the nose than the rest of your body or face. These pores on your nose are also prone to easy clogging.
If you happen to notice clogged pores on your nose, which are quite easily visible, then it is high time you do something about it.
Given below are some of the easiest methods of having those fresh and clean pores on your nose back in no time. All you need to do is some deep cleansing with a little bit of exfoliation.
1. With Steam
Steaming can do wonders for your skin. It is the easiest and most inexpensive method to get rid of those stubborn clogged pores on your nose. Amongst all, it is also the most effective home remedy.
Usually, clogging of pores refers to trapping of dirt into the open pores on the nose. Steaming helps in releasing the tightly packed dirt from the skin pores by opening up the pores, thus, flushing out the impurities stuck inside.
Method To Steam Your Face
Your face is the only part of your body that traps impurities and dirt in abundance. Even if you are not stepping out of your house, your skin happens to trap dirt.
Thus, it is extremely important that you get your face properly. Thus, it is extremely important that you get your face properly cleaned before starting the procedure. You must also completely remove all your makeup.
Also, remember to wash your face with lukewarm water to clear away all traces of your makeup remover. Be careful to not burn your face with hot water. Pat your skin dry and remember not to scrub or rub it hard with a towel or wiper as it may damage your tender face cells. Remember to be gentle with your skin.
Know the entire procedure is to pamper yourself with that perfect skin.
- Fill a vessel with water and heat it to boiling. Remember to place a lid on it while you heat the water so that you may save energy and time.
- When boiling, remove the vessel and add green tea or tea tree oil to it. However, this is optional and is suggested just to nurse your skin better.
- Take a large bath towel and cover your head and face by placing face exactly over the vessel. Make sure to cover your head along with the vessel completely to prevent the steam from fleeing away.
- Be careful with the hot water and the steam as it can burn your skin if very hot. Let your skin soak in the steam and loosen the dirt from your clogged pores. This may take some time. Just relax and put some music on. Remember to enjoy every step.
- Remove the towel after about 20-25 minutes and rub your skin in circular motion. You may also exfoliate your nose using a mild scrub or an exfoliating brush.
- Splash some cool, clean water to wash away all the dirt that is let out by your pores.This will also help in tightening of your skin and close the open skin pores.
2. Gram Flour
- Make a paste out of gram flour and rose water.
- Apply it on your nose and allow it to dry.
- Rub the paste off with mild circular motions to obtain positive results.
You may also dry the peel and grind them to obtain a fine powder. This powder can be added to milk or simple cool water and used as an awesome exfoliator. Try it!
3. Orange Peel
Orange peel is an amazing exfoliator. It holds acidic properties that help in loosening the accumulated dirt in the clogged pores. Rub the orange peel and see the results for yourself.
Papaya enzymes help your skin in feeling refreshed and clean. It is also used since ages to obtain a brighter and clearer skin.
Just take the papaya peel and rub it on your nose. It will loosen the tightly held impurities and thus, help in cleaning the pores.
5. Egg White And Honey
- Add some egg whites and honey. You may also add some sweet almond oil to it.
- Apply it to the affected area and allow it to dry.
- Use warm water to cleanse off the mix. You will notice the change.
Don’t forget to be gentle on your skin while removing the dried up paste as it can be harsh on your skin.
Add a little bit of baking soda into water and apply it to your nose. This baking soda helps in drying those extremely stubborn blackheads, and impurities stuck inside the clogged pores. This, in turn, helps in easy removal of the dirt.
Add some water to the vinegar to dilute the acidity of the vinegar. Apply it to a completely cleansed skin and wash it off using gentle circular rubbing on your nose to see effective results. You may also squeeze out the impurities or rub it off using a soft cotton.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
The natural acids in apple cider vinegar are very effective to fight clogged pores on your nose. This acts as a natural toner and removes the impurities trapped in those pores.
Add some Vaseline and milk and apply it on your nose. Gently massage it and leave it overnight to witness maximum results the following morning.
Mix the ingredients properly and apply the paste on your nose. Let it dry and then gently exfoliate it by the circular motion of the tip of your fingers. Wash it off and pat your skin dry.
The oatmeal scrub is also one of the most efficient home remedies for removal of clogged pores.
Grind some oatmeal and add a spoonful of honey and few drops of almond oil or lavender oil into it. Now, this honey and oil will help in accentuating the effect of the oatmeal, thus, giving you better results.
Tomato is acidic. This acidic property of tomatoes enables them to clean the skin pores from deep within by loosening the trapped impurities and thus, cleansing the skin. Pat your skin dry and see the glow the tomato juice left behind on your face.
- Take some tomato juice and apply it on your skin. Let it seep into your skin and then wash it off using circular movements.
- Do not forget to use water as the paste by now must have gone dry. Remember to be gentle on your skin.
- Now apply it on your nose and allow it to dry. Once the lemon juice is completely soaked in, exfoliate your nose by gently massaging it using circular movements.
Sugar is one of the most common and effective exfoliators of all times. Powder some sugar and add some lemon juice to it.
Lemon juice is an exceptionally great way of getting rid of those clogged pores. It possesses citric acid which cleanses the pores from deep within and loosens the dirt trapped inside.
All you have to do is take some lemon juice and apply if on your nose. Let it soak in and then gently rub off the dried lemon juice from your nose using circular movements.
Pat your skin dries and do not forget to apply a nice moisturizer.
13. Clay Mask
Face masks have been a life savior regarding beauty related problems since times unknown. You may also use face masks to get rid of those staunch clogged up pores.
Clay mask is one of the most effective and cost friendly face masks that can help you in obtaining freedom from those dirt packed pores on your nose.
Clay masks are extremely beneficial as they pull out the impurities trapped inside the pores and hence cleanse them.
- Add some clay to a spoonful of honey and coconut oil with rosewater.
- Apply all over your nose and allow it to dry. Once the paste is dry, gently rub your nose using wet hands and then wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat the procedure for alternate days for two weeks and observe the noticeable difference.
- Don’t forget to apply a nice moisturizer to your skin after removing the paste as it can dry your skin.
14. Green Tea
Green tea is a remarkable exfoliator. It helps in cleansing your clogged pores by deeply uprooting the dirt stuck in the pores.
Add some green tea and honey and cleansing milk and apply it on your nose.Wash it off by gently exfoliating it after 20-30 minutes.
Use your old toothbrush by dabbing it in a good cleanser and gently rub it on your nose.It will loosen all the impurities and help in cleaning those clogged pores.
Some Useful Tips
Though it is not that tough to eliminate those ugly blackheads and clean those pores on your nose, yet, it is advised that you maintain few points in your daily schedule to prevent the very onset of this pore clogging problems.
- Make sure that you are not using any makeup that may contain mineral oil or petroleum. These happen to clog your pores.
- Always carry tissues or bloating sheets so that you can simply dab your face and clean that extra oil secreted by your sebaceous glands. This will help as it will prevent trapping of dirt into your pores.
- You must always clean your skin before going to bed irrespective of the fact that how much tired you are. Leftover makeup can clog your pores.
- Remember to keep your towel, pillow, bed sheets, handkerchiefs and scarves clean.
- Do not over exfoliate your skin in the attempt to keep it clean.
- Try to keep your hands off your face as much as possible.
- Remember to keep your hair clean and dandruff free. It is very common to have clogged skin pores due to unhygienic hair.
- Use mild cleansers. Remember to wash your face, at least, three times a day. Also, remember to apply a good moisturizer so that the pores may remain clean.
- Working out is also very beneficial for you as sweating will flush out those toxins and impurities from those pores. Exercise has always been a reason for great skin. Remember to clean your skin immediately after exercising.
- You may frequently steam your face to keep those pores clean and open. This also helps in giving you a clearer skin tone.
Why Should You Keep Your Pores Clean?
We know that for any form of life to live on this planet it has to breathe. From minute organisms to giant mammals every individual needs to breathe.
Did you know that the same applies to your skin? The skin is the largest organ of your body. It is the prime endurance against any foreign body that can cause any harm to your health.
The skin is the fifth amongst all the five sense organs you possess, and it plays an active role in preserving all the elements of what your body is made up of. What you might or might not know is that the skin also breathes.
Yes. Those minute dots you happen to observe on your skin are the openings through which the skin breathes. These tiny openings are the hair follicles. Now, an important question that you may be thinking of is that “why it is important for me to have my skin pores clean?”
Well, as I already said, the skin pores are the inlets that enable our skin to breathe, thus, as any being loses its ability to bloom or live if it is prevented from breathing freely, so does your skin.
Your skin will lose its luster, and you may witness many unwanted eruptions and outcomes on your face and various parts of your body on whichever part the skin pores are not kept clean.
Issues like acne, spots, blackheads, and whiteheads, rough skin, darkening of that specific area, etc. You may also experience painful pus-filled boils which can even lead to infections and surgeries.
These skin pores may seem to be of minimal concern today, but, if they go wild, then one may have to suffer a real deal. Thus, I will advise you to keep a keen watch on the cleanliness of your skin pores.
This post was last modified on Sep 21, 2018 7:22 PM