To get long, shiny and smooth hair, you might try different shampoos and conditioners to match up your hair with them.
But, these efforts seem effortless when you end up with some hair problems like split ends, hair fall, dandruff, frizzy hair and dull hair. Hair care is an overall process which involves proper hygiene, cleaning and moisturising.
After shampoo, you want to style your hair. These need styling products such as hot iron, curlers and blow dryers. The regular use of these styling products can damage your hair.
To keep your hair healthy, you should use conditioner. Conditioner nourishes your hair and prevents them from hair problems.
In this article, I will tell you about different homemade conditioners. This will aid to give you healthy hair.
- Types Of Conditioners
- Top 5 Common Hair Problems:
- Why Conditioning Hair Is Important?
- Natural Conditioners For Smooth, Soft Hair
- 1. Mint And Tea Conditioner:
- 2. Shea Butter And Vitamin E Oil Conditioner:
- 3. Banana, Honey, And Olive Oil Conditioner:
- 4. Coconut Oil And Egg:
- 5. Coconut Oil And Honey Conditioner:
- 6. Cinnamon, Milk And Honey Conditioner:
- 7. Sesame oil And Aloe Vera Gel Conditioner:
- 8. Egg, Yogurt, And Mayonnaise Conditioner:
- 9. Avocado, Apple Cider Vinegar, And Shea Butter Conditioner:
- 10. Orange, Coconut Milk, And Yogurt Conditioner:
- Additional Tips:
Types Of Conditioners
If the conditioner directions say to leave it on hair for 2-3 minutes then it is a rinse conditioner. And if the conditioner directions say to leave it for 20-30 minutes then it is considered as a deep conditioner.
And in this article, I have covered all deep conditioners, which can be easily made at home.
Top 5 Common Hair Problems:
Everybody suffers from hair problems. But, only a few people exactly know about them. So, it’s very important to understand the hair problem, as it makes easy to treat them.
1. Split Ends:
Split end is the most common problem among the women. It occurs when the tip of the hair is stripped of its protective cuticle. The damaged hair splits into two or more ends. When you have split ends, the natural oil fails to reach at the end of the hair.
When the hair are exposed to excess heat, then the chances of split ends increases. So, in order to get rid of split ends, you should trim them after every 8 weeks to keep them in perfect order.
2. Hair fall:
It’s very normal to lose 80-100 hair every day, but this could be a serious problem if your hair starts losing more than these numbers. Heating tools such as straightening, reaction to chemicals present in artificial styling products, hair colouring and hormonal changes could be the reason behind hair fall.
The majority of people suffer from the scalp problem. Dandruff is a condition of abnormal flaking of scalp skin. Dandruff leads to itching as well.
Though it’s not a serious problem, yet it can’t be ignored. Dandruff can be caused by various reasons such as dry skin, poor hygiene, stress, improper diet, excessive use of hair products, dermatitis.
4. Frizzy Hair:
Frizzy Hair is a common problem of hair. A lot of women suffer from this.This is caused due to lack of moisture in the hair, poor diet, washing hair too often and chemicals in shampoos.
5. Dull And Dry Hair
Due to excessive use of artificial products, hair looks dull and dry.
To keep your hair moisturised, you should wash them with a mild moisturising shampoo followed by a conditioner.
All these hair problems can be treated just by applying conditioner to your hair. Conditioner adds softness to hair.
They prevent your hair from sunlight and dirt which could be a simple reason for damaged hair. Natural conditioners could be used at the place of chemical conditioners. Because natural conditioners can deep condition your hair without any side effect.
Why Conditioning Hair Is Important?
The amount of pollution in the environment is increasing rapidly, and most of us go through a busy and stressful life schedule. Pollution and stressed lives directly affect your hair.
Dull, rough, damaged hair, hair thinning and baldness have become a problem of every man and women. Conditioning is a way to get rid of all these problems.
Conditioning strengthens your hair and makes them smooth and silky. When you expose your hair directly to the sunlight. It harms your hair. Exposure of hair to the sun’s ultraviolet rays can damage your hair from its cuticle to the inner structure.
Conditioning helps you to protect your hair from direct sunlight.
Conditioning after shampooing can affect your hair up to some extent, but if you try conditioning before you shampoo, can actually help to provide your hair, a better nourishment, and health.
Natural Conditioners For Smooth, Soft Hair
Stop spending a lot of money over hair products. They just harm your hair.
To protect your hair, you should try some simple natural, homemade conditioners.
So, let’s take a look upon some simple homemade hair conditioners for smooth, shiny and long hair, how to deep condition your hair with them.
1. Mint And Tea Conditioner:
If you have oily hair, then this is the best home remedy for your hair.
Both, green and black tea is beneficial for your hair. The vitamins and minerals present in the tea help you to get a good texture.
On the other hand, mint helps you to get rid of itchy scalp and it cools your scalp as well.
- A handful of mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon of black tea leaf
- 3 cups of water
- Wash and chop the mint leaves and boil them in 2 cups of water.
- When the water is reduced by half, turn off the flame and strain the liquid and let it cool.
- Heat a cup of water and add the tea leaves to it.
- Boil it for 5-6 minutes. Strain the tea and let it cool.
Now, mix both the liquids together and after the shampoo, wash your hair with it. This remedy can be repeated 2-3 times a week.
2. Shea Butter And Vitamin E Oil Conditioner:
Shea butter has nourishing and moistening properties, so it’s widely used for skin care products.
It is a fatty substance which is the extracted from the nuts of shea tree. It helps in increasing the volume of the hair.
- 1 cup shea butter
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Melt the shea butter in a pan over a medium flame.
- Add olive oil to it and mix well, thereafter remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- Add vitamin E oil to it and mix to get a proper consistency.
- Apply it on the hair, leave it for 1 hour.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. You can repeat this remedy twice every month.
3. Banana, Honey, And Olive Oil Conditioner:
This is the best remedy to straighten up your hair. The benefits of banana, honey and olive oil are well known. Banana minimises shrinkages and olive oil provides moisture.
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your hair. Wear a shower cap and leave it for half an hour.
- Thereafter, wash it off.
Remember, banana can stick to your hair so rinse your hair with patience.
4. Coconut Oil And Egg:
Coconut oil leaves your hair with shine and softness. It nourishes your hair deep.
It helps you to get rid of dandruff as well.
An Egg is considered great for straightening the hair.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- An egg
- Add coconut oil in a pan and melt it over the low flame. Take an egg and mix it with coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and wear a shower cap.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off.
5. Coconut Oil And Honey Conditioner:
- Everyone looks for the different solutions for grey hair.
- This is the simplest solution to reverse grey hair to black hair.
- Honey and coconut oil help in straightening your hair. This is a good remedy for dry hair.
It also helps in strengthening your hair.
- 3-4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Mix the ingredients and heat the mixture by placing it in a bowl of warm water.
- Apply the concoction to wet hair, leave it for half an hour.
- Thereafter, wash your hair.
This remedy can be repeated 2-3 times in a week.
6. Cinnamon, Milk And Honey Conditioner:
The benefits of honey are well known. Milk has proteins that add volume, moisture and shine to your hair. Cinnamon helps in increasing the blood circulation in the scalp.
The mixture of honey and milk can also help you to get rid of frizzy hair.
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon powdered cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients and heat them by placing it in warm water.
- Apply it on your hair and wear a shower cap or a towel.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
You can use this remedy for better results twice in a week.
7. Sesame oil And Aloe Vera Gel Conditioner:
Sesame oil has anti-bacterial properties. It helps in getting rid of itchy scalp, dandruff and scalp infections.
Pure Aloe Vera gel helps in soothing and cooling the scalp. It aids in straightening the hair too.
- 2 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Seed oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients and make a smooth paste of it.
- Apply it on your hair and leave it for 1 hour.
- Wash your hair off with a mild shampoo. You can repeat this remedy every week.
8. Egg, Yogurt, And Mayonnaise Conditioner:
Eggs are very beneficial for dry hair. It helps in increasing the natural oils in the scalp, and aids to get rid of dandruff as well.
Yoghurt helps to decrease the rate of hair fall and make your hair soft and smooth.
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Mix all the ingredients and then apply them on your hair.
- Leave it for 40 minutes and thereafter, wash your hair with normal water.
- Do not use warm water for washing. For best results repeat this remedy twice a week.
9. Avocado, Apple Cider Vinegar, And Shea Butter Conditioner:
This remedy is the best for any type of hair. This is moisture rich remedy and provides maximum lubricant to your hair.
To make your hair straighten you should use this remedy twice in a month.
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Shea Butter
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend them well.
- Then apply this mixture on your hair and scalp and leave your hair for 30-40 minutes.
Rinse your hair with normal water.
10. Orange, Coconut Milk, And Yogurt Conditioner:
This is an effective remedy for hair fall and dandruff.
The Vitamin C present in Orange helps in promoting the hair growth and prevent hair from breakage. It also helps in maintaining the softness, shine, and strength of your hair.
Coconut milk nourishes the hair.
- 1/4th cup orange juice
- 1/4th cup coconut milk
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 egg
Mix all the ingredients well. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair.
Leave it for 30-40 minutes and thereafter wash it off.
You can repeat this remedy every week to get shiny hair.
- You should always choose the conditioner of your hair type. Always keep in mind your hair’s texture, length, dryness, level damage when using some product. When looking for a chemical formulated conditioner, always read directions carefully.
- Don’t apply conditioner on your scalp first. Start applying conditioner on your hair and then move on to the scalp.
- Don’t apply conditioner unevenly on your hair. Because for some hair type, it won’t work. Always use a comb to evenly distribute the conditioner on your hair.
- If you are using chemical based conditioners, then always look for “silicon free” conditioners. Silicon based products can damage your hair and can make your hair nutrients free.
- Avoid shampoo, every day. Because it can make your hair dry and can create split ends. It can also make your frizzy.
- Don’t rinse your hair immediately after applying conditioner. Leave it for some time, then gently massage your hair and after that rinse it.
- Every time when you shampoo your hair don’t forget to apply conditioner on them. So, to prevent your hair from further damage, apply conditioner on your hair.
Homemade conditioners can make your hair smooth, shiny and long. If you are using chemical conditioners, then you should choose a best quality hair conditioner.Always choose that conditioner which suits best for your hair type.