Pimples can give you a sense of inferiority and is can make you look unattractive. Pimples on your cheeks are may remain unnoticed, but pimples on nose grab a lot of attention as it is unusual.
Don’t panic, most of these pimples go away with time. Some of them need care and treatment. Read more to find out the causes and treatment of these pimples.
What Causes Pimple On The Nose?
When the pores on and inside your nose get infected or inflamed it causes painful pimples. One other reason for pimples is blockage of pores due to foreign objects.Bacteria that is gram positive cultivates and kills all good bacteria, due to overuse of acne antibiotics.
The excess use results in overgrowth of gram-positive bacteria inside the nose. Staphylococcus is another species of bad bacteria that causes pimples inside the nose.
1. Blocked Nose Pores
The nose is the perfect medium for breeding of bacteria because it is always moist and wet. This causes pimples inside the nose. Pimples inside a nose are hard to treat as they are hard to locate and the environment inside cannot be changed.
2. Nose Picking:
Most of you might have the habit of picking your nose. This can cause a lot of problems inside your nose.The nerve endings inside your nose are sensitive and can be damaged by frequently inserting the fingers into your nose. This leads to scratches and broken capillaries in your nose which if left untreated form painful pimples.
3. Hair Removal:
If you use scissors to trim your nose hair, tiny pimples can form if the sharp edges scratch the surface. New hair follicles that grow after you trim the hair causes irritation, which causes pimples. To treat these pimples, the hair has to be removed.
4. Environmental Irritants:
The climatic conditions in you locale are one of the reasons for pimples. There are a lot of chemicals pollutants and dust debris in the air. These get absorbed by cells on the nose causing pimples that form after hours of exposure.
5. Excessive Use Of Antibiotics:
Antibiotics that you use to treat other ailments have many side effects. One of these side effects is the formation of pimples. The bacteria from these antibiotics kill the good bacteria and block the pores, causing pimples on the nose.
A pimple On Nose
Pimples on the nose disappear if you treat them in time. But if they are carelessly handled, you will be left with a scar. Sebum is continuously produced by sebaceous glands this causes blockage of follicles on the nose.
Acne is the result of inflammation and irritation due to excess blockage from sebum production. Pimples and acne are common among teenagers during puberty due to their changing hormones. It is also sometimes seen in adults their thirties who suffer from hormonal imbalance.
A Pimple Inside The Nose
Pimples in the nose are mostly caused due to ingrown hairs. When the hair is trimmed or removed, the new hair gets trapped beneath the surface of the skin which causes irritation and infection. If you do not treat these pimples, they get inflamed and leave a scar.
Symptoms Of Pimples On The Nose
- High fever
- Inflamed nose
- Red skin
- Swollen nose
- Pain on the affected area
- Itching sensation
- Blocked nose
- Tenderness in the affected area
- Impaired sense of smell
- Discomfort and tiredness
How To Prevent Pimples On The Nose
You can prevent getting pimples by accessing your skin type. If you have oily skin, you are more prone to get pimples.Make sure to keep your nose clean as much as possible. Wash your nose and apply some moisturizer or lotion that contains salicylic acid. Use scrubs to clean your nose as they will help to clear clogged pores.
Wash your nose and apply some moisturizer or lotion that contains salicylic acid. Use scrubs to clean your nose as they will help to clear clogged pores.
i) Avoid inserting your fingers in your nose or any other object as it may lead to bleeding which results in infection. If you wish to do so, do it with a soaked cotton swab and gently clean your nose.
ii) Don’t blow your nose too hard when you want to sneeze. Instead, do so gently.
iii) To reduce the pain from poking your nose, apply ice packs in a zip lock bag or towel on the nose. You can do this for 15 – 20 minutes 3 times daily. This will help relieve you of your pain.
iv) Try not to block your nose with cotton. The air circulation gets blocked and bacteria and germs cultivate inside your nose.
v) If you get pimples because of allergies or sinusitis, use nasal sprays, nasal decongestants, and antihistamines that are prescribed by your doctor. But if the problem does not go away after 3 days, get yourself checked by a doctor.
vi) If you are in the habit of consuming alcohol or are a chain smoker, you are at a higher risk of getting infections.
vii) To avoid triggering other allergic reactions, you should refrain from inhaling dust, pollen or other such polluted substances. Use masks made of cotton while traveling to polluted places.
viii) Use extra pillows. Put an extra pillow under your head when you sleep. This will drain the mucus from your nose and will allow you to breathe comfortably.
ix) If at all, you get pimples in your nose, it is advisable that you do not squeeze the pimples inside the nostrils. This practice can lead to further infection and aggravation of pain
x) To help take care of it, clean your nostrils using a cotton swab that has been dipped in an astringent. This will break down the bacteria that forms in your nose and prevents the formation of newer pimples.
How To Get Rid Of Acne On Your Nose Fast
If you use too many cosmetics on your skin and leave the house, it will result in clogged pores.So clean your nose will wipes after you remove the makeup and use good quality moisturizers.
1. Herbal Steam
- One tablespoon sage
- One tablespoon mint
- 1 tablespoon burdock
- 1 tablespoon chamomile
- Mix one tablespoon of sage, mint, burdock, and chamomile in a saucepan.
- Add three liters of boiling water to this mixture. Wait until the steam is warm.
- Cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam over the warm water.
- Repeat this procedure daily for one week.
2. Dill Seed Mask
- One tablespoon dill seeds
- Ten tablespoons water
- Add one tablespoon dill seed to ten tablespoon water.
- When the liquid mixture draws, moisten a clean tissue in this mixture and apply it on your face for 15 minutes.
- Use this mask at least for five weeks every other day.
3. Cabbage Mask
- Fresh cabbage juice
- Wet some cotton with fresh cabbage juice and apply it on your nose for 15 minutes. For maximum results, repeat it for at least 20 times and every other day.
- The mask of crushed aloe diluted with water in equal parts. Take some cotton and dip it in this solution and apply to pimples. Repeat it every other day during two weeks.
4. Cranberry Juice Mask
- Fresh cranberry juice
- Soak a tissue or some cotton with cranberry juice.
- Apply it on your face for ten minutes then change the tissue. Keep it like that for at least one hour.
- If you feel that it causes irritation on your nose, you can dilute cranberry juice with three parts of water.
- Apply this mask daily until every other day and at last, once a week until the pimples disappear.
Treatment Of Pimples On The Nose
Making the pimples on your nose disappear can be time-consuming. There are no quick remedies to them but you can try you of these techniques to reduce their visibility in the easiest and healthy way.
- Clean the area of the pimples at least two times in a day using warm water. You can use a mild facial cleanser instead of warm water. The water or cleaner will remove oil, bacteria, and dirt from the pores of your nose. The area will become clean and you can avoid recurrence.
- Do not touch your pimples with your hands. Your hands are a host to various germs and bacteria. Touching the pimples with your hands will pop those pimples. Squeezing and picking the spot will give you permanent scars. It might be tempting to touch the pimples or you may have an itching sensation around the area, but refrain from touching it. If you touch other parts of your face after touching the pimple, the bacteria will spread to other parts of the face and increase the number of pimples on it.
- You can use an antibacterial face wash. The face wash will remove all the dirt from the pores of your nose. Use a good quality moisturizer to keep your face moist. Another substitute for anti-bacterial face wash is tea tree based products. They work well when applied on the face daily. It removes dust and bacterial infection and reduces the size of a pimple quickly.
- Apply ice on the pimple as it can help to reduce swelling. Wrap a piece of cloth around the ice instead of applying the ice directly on the skin may burn it. Repeat it at intervals of thirty minutes using a new piece each time.
- The above-mentioned diseases may not be the reasons for the pimples on your nose. You should also completely give up smoking and drinking alcohol.This can result in the pus in your pimple leaking into your skin or even into the bloodstream, which is much worse. This is followed by re-infection and acne on your nose which spreads all over your face.If you get a pimple on your nose again, you may try to eliminate it with traditional recopies. But do consult a doctor if it gets worse.
Home Remedies To Cure Pimple On The Nose Fast
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon contains acidic properties that clean, dry and reduces the size of a pimple within a day or two.
- Squeeze out few drops of lemon juice into a bowl. Take a cotton swab and soak it with the lemon juice. Gently apply the swab on your nose and leave it for 15 means before you wash it off.
- Avoid stepping out with this solution on your nose during the day as this may cause some irritation.
Apply some white toothpaste over the affected area before going to bed. Wash it off the next morning to see some improvement in swelling. Repeat the process the next day for better results. Make sure that the toothpaste remains on the pimple for more than an hour.
Toothpaste gives better results compared to ice.Don’t use gel toothpaste, use only the white toothpaste.
3. Ice Cubes
Ice cubes cause oil organs to contract which pushes out oils and microbes. It boosts blood circulation around the affected area and purifies the skin.
- Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and place it on the area affected for a couple of minutes.
- Then repeat the process for a few times for better results. In a day to two, the pimple will begin to fade away.
This method works best on pimples which have not fully developed.
4. Use Steam
Steam cleans your pores and flushes out oils, microbes, and bacteria that is present in your pimple. Steam opens pores of your skin, allowing better air circulation in the affected area.
- Fill a container with hot water.
- Once the water is warm enough, wrap a towel around your face and place yourself over the pot, allowing the steam to reach the area around the nose.
- Keep the pot like this for 30 minutes or until the steam disappears.
- Then rinse your face with water.
- Dry your face using a soft cloth and wait for 30 minutes before applying an oil-free moisturizer.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has an antibacterial property that helps to fight all microbes in a pimple. It’s a natural oil extract with soothing properties that help in minimizing redness of your pimples, their further growth and eliminates whiteheads and dries out pimples.
- Soak a piece of cotton in the tea tree oil and dab it on the pimple on your nose. Wait for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
- You can also blend tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply this solution on the affected area of your nose for 20 minutes and then wash your face. It can get rid of the pimples within a day.
Tea tree oil is not recommended if you have sensitive skin.
6. Undiluted Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can take care of pimples that do not go away with light treatment. It is a permanent solution and helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation of acne as well as Whitehead or blackheads.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can cause some irritation, unlike other remedies.
- So it is not recommended to try this method if a pimple on your nose can be removed by other methods.
7. Listerine Mouth Wash
Listerine has antibacterial properties which destroy accumulated bacteria in your pimple. It also helps in reducing inflammation and further growth of a pimple.
- Dip a swab of cotton in a few drops of the solution and dab it on the pimple on your nose.
- Wash off the paste from your face after 10 minutes.
- When using this remedy, use the original Listerine mouthwash as other flavors contain agents which may cause irritation to your skin.
Garlic contains antibacterial, antiviral and cell reinforcement properties that can help heal your pimples. It contains sulfur which promotes mending of your pimples.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove and rub the garlic on the pimple.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process during the day for better results. The pimples will soon dry out and your pores will be cleaned.
You can include fresh garlic in your diet each day as it helps in purifying the blood. Eating raw garlic can decrease your acne, murky spots and pimples.
Papaya contains a protein that releases antibacterial agents in your body. It is usually used for various skin and hair treatments and contains compounds that help diminish irritation, making your skin delicate and smooth. It also helps to get rid of a blackhead on your nose.
i) Papaya paste
Make a paste of crushed papaya and apply it over a pimple. Then wait for about 30 minutes before rinsing off with water. Repeat the process once or twice a day quick results.
Include papaya in your diet as it will purify your system and stop pimples from occurring.
Honey is a natural antibiotic that can shrink the size of your pimple and heal it. It plays an important part in preventing bacterial and viral infections.
i) Honey Mask
Dip a cotton swab in honey. Place the soaked swab on the pimple and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. You can do this 3 to 5 times a day for maximum results.
ii) Honey And Cinnamon Mask
Mix cinnamon and honey together to make a paste. Apply the paste on the pimple before going to bed. Wash it off the next morning. Wash your face with cold water and repeat the process the next day. The swelling and inflammation will reduce the next morning. If a pimple does not go away, it may be because of an underlying skin issue. In this case, it is advisable for you to visit your doctor.