Would you like to know how to get rid of the acne scars effectively and naturally? Then you will surely get your answers in this article. Acne and pimples are quite common in youngsters.
They come, they get cured but the cruel scars are left behind.I’m absolutely sure no one wants them on their beautiful face.
Treating acne is easier as compared treating its dark spots made by scars. These scars are stubborn and rigid too. They do not go off easily.You wonder how you can get rid of dark spots from acne.
They make your skin look dull and unattractive. You must have search for the plethora of scar-removal, brightening creams.
Instead, you need some natural help to get rid of them. You could apply these acne scars home remedies and see amazing results.
As we all know, Ayurveda is the answer to difficult situations. Below are some natural ways to remove pimple scars effectively and permanently.
Regular and continuous usage of the following remedies will provide better results and complete removal of the scars.
Here below are the natural ingredients and remedies to treat acne scars effectively. The scars will be gone forever and ever.
Table of Contents
1. Aloe Vera
Fresh Aloe Vera, also called as wonder herb is very well known for its vitamin content. It is so gentle that without causing any damage or irritation to the skin, it heals it.
It diminishes or removes the scars on the face. Helps to rejuvenate and moisturizes the skin too. It leaves the skin looking softer and glowy.
It’s always better to use natural things than going for a commercial product. So, I suggest you use the fresh aloe leaf for acne scar home treatment.
How To Use Aloe Vera For Acne Scars?
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf. Slit the leaf from the side and peel off the green cover.
- Once it is removed, you can see a see a gel-like substance under the green cover. Take this gel and apply it evenly on the acne scars.
- Apply it for about 30min or so and then wash it off with normal water. Repeat the process at least two times a day.
- Regular usage of this remedy will help you get rid of facial scars and also improve your skin quality leaving you to look younger.
Another natural moisturizer known to mankind is honey. It is a very well known product for getting rid of acne scars and making your skin soft.
How To Use Honey For Acne Scars?
Take a decent amount of honey on your palm and massage it thoroughly on your face covering the scars evenly. Do this before going to bed and leave it overnight. In the morning wash it nicely with plain water. You will see the magic of this remedy.
Take some quarter (1/4) cup of oatmeal. To this add 2-3 tbsp of honey.mix it thoroughly to prepare a mixture. Apply this mixture on your scars. Leave it for half an hour. Then wash it with warm water.
Take one tablespoon of honey. To this add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.Mix it nicely and apply it on your scars before going to bed. Leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning.
Honey –Aspirin Mask To Remove Acne Scars
Along with a natural product like honey you can use aspirin to prepare a face mask. This mask will help you exfoliate your skin as well as let you get rid of acne scars overnight.
The aspirin has an ingredient called salicylic acid. Because of its gritty nature, the exfoliation is possible.
Add some drops of water to 2-3 aspirins. They will dissolve easily. Avoid adding too much water to maintain its exfoliating property.
To this paste add nearly two tbs of honey. Create a mask by mixing them well. Apply this mask on your scars and leave it for about 15 minutes or till dry whichever is earlier. Then wash it off.Honey with warm water can do wonders.
3. Baking Soda
Commonly found the item in all household item. The baking soda. It is composed of the sodium bicarbonate granules.
These granules play a major role in the exfoliating property of baking soda. Baking soda is considered the best way to get rid of acne scars and skin exfoliation.
How To Use Baking Soda For Acne Scars?
- Add a little amount of water to the baking soda so as to make a paste from it. Maintain its consistency. Massage gently using this paste on your
- Massage gently using this paste on your face, especially on the scars. Do this for about 2-3 minutes. Let it be there for another 5 minutes.
- Now wash it off with lukewarm water. Due to the exfoliating effect, your skin may feel a bit dry so apply some moisturizer on your face like jojoba oil, coconut oil or olive oil.
- Repeat the above process nearly 2 to 3 times a week. It will lighten acne scars.
4. Raw Potato
Raw potato works wonders in your kitchen. Similarly, it works wonders for your skin too. It is a very well-known item for removal of black spots, scars, and blemishes for ages.
But this item takes some time to show its effect. Using this regularly will reduce and eliminate the acne scars.
How To Use Raw Potato For Acne Scars?
- Take a raw potato, cut it into round slices. Take this slice and rub it or massage it all over your face gently in circular motion. Make it a point to rub it on the scars. Keep doing this till the entire juice of the potato slice is used.
- You can take another slice once you feel that the slice has gone dry. Repeat this process for 15minutes.leave your face as it is for another 5 minutes. Then wash your face with fresh water.
- Apply some moisturizer on your face after this remedy. It’s a completely natural process, and you can do this every alternate day.
- Continue this for about 1-2 months to see remarkable results.Potatoes are also used to get rid of dark skin around lips and chin.
5. Raw Tomatoes
Same as raw potato red tomatoes are also a key ingredient in your kitchen. In the world of beauty fresh tomato holds a special place. It also has the property to heal the acne scars by regular usage.
How To Use Raw Tomatoes For Acne Scars?
- Take a ripe red tomato for your kitchen. Cut it into normal size .crush them properly and make pulp out of it.
- It means thick paste. Apply this paste on your face focusing on the scars. Rub a little.
- Leave it for another 15 minutes till the entire tomato juice is absorbed into the skin and you may feel dry. Now wash it off with plain and fresh water.
- This procedure can be repeated every alternate day for 1-2 weeks. It will show improved results.
Making A Face Mask With Tomato
- Extract the pulp from 2-3 raw red tomatoes. At the same time grate one cucumber and two avocados by your side. Extract the juice from the grated items.
- Mix the juice with the extracted pulp of the tomatoes to make a paste out of it. Apply this paste on your face and scars. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it with plain water.
- Continuous usage of the above remedies will surely give positive results in less time.
Lemon that lies in your fridge door almost every day has some extraordinary beauty advantages. Lemon is considered as a natural bleaching agent and excellent skin lightening property.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C which is responsible for this skin lightening property. All kinds of scars, freckles, dark spots will fade away. It helps to get rid of pimple scars faster and efficiently. Lemon peel also is a skin brightening scrub.
One important tip is that usage of lemon juice on your face will make it very sensitive to UV radiation. Therefore, avoid going out in the sun during and soon after the treatment. Hours after the remedy also you should use sunscreen to protect it from UV radiation.
How To Use Lemon Juice For Acne Scars?
- Take a fresh lemon out of your fridge and extract the juice out of it. Take this juice on a cotton ball and apply it directly on the scars.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat this process daily and continue it for about 2-3 weeks. You will see a remarkable change in the scar intensity.
Mix 1 tbsp of honey to the lemon juice. Apply this mixture using a cotton ball on the scars directly. Using honey along with lemon juice will make the process faster and more effective. For sensitive skin, mix some rose water to the mixture and repeat the process of remedy 2
Vitamin E is a very human-friendly vitamin .it not only moisturizes the skin but also reduces the scars very efficiently and effectively. It contains lots of antioxidants which improves and protects the skin.
You can add 2 tsp of vitamin E to 1 tsp of lemon juice and make a mixture. Apply this mixture on the scars using a cotton ball. This Also will help you to reduce acne scars.
Lemon Mask For Acne Scars
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of almond oil and 2 tbsp of milk and Mix all these together.
- Apply the mixture using a cotton ball directly on the scars every day. Repeat this process for a week or two. You will see that acne scars are reduced to a great extent.
Lemon and Honey Mask For Acne Scars
- Squeeze out the juice from 2 lemons and add 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Mix them together well. Make a paste. Apply this on the face and the scars using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for about 15minutes till it gets dry. Then wash it off with plain water.
- Repeat this process daily and continue for about a week or two.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains lots of iron, antioxidants and useful vitamins like A, B1, B2, C, D, E; all these make it ideal for the skin. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties due to which it acts as a remedy for acne scars.
How To Use Olive Oil For Acne Scars?
- Start applying olive oil to your scars before going to bed.
- Take little amount of olive oil and massage the entire face with it. Make sure not to miss the scars.
- Massage it for some time till much of the oil is absorbed by the skin.
- Now take 1 small clean towel and dip it into warm water. Squeeze it properly to remove the excess water.
- Put this warm water cloth on your face for the steam heat.
- This steam is needed by your skin for efficient absorption of the oil. Now gently rub out the extra oil from your face.
- Leave it like that for about a minute or two. Wash it after that with plain water.
8. Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars
Tea tree oil is one of the best remedies for the acne scar removal process. It has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Tea tree oil works best for raised or reddish scars like you get after a burn. It moisturizes and hydrates the scars making it disappear after regular usage because of it hydrating property.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars?
- Take some 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and add some 2tbsp of water to it. Make sure you never use tea tree oil undiluted.
- Tea tree oil is quite strong and your skin will not be able to handle it.
- Dab a cotton ball into this diluted oil and apply it directly on the scars. Repeat the process twice or thrice daily.
Cucumber available readily in the market also has the ability to remove acne scars naturally. The reason being it’s hydrating nature and its key ingredients like VIT A, VIT C, and magnesium.
How To Use Cucumber To Remove Acne Scars?
- Get 1 cucumber from your fridge. Consider the fresh ones. Cut the cucumber in round slices. Put it on the scars and all over your face. Let it be there for about 30 minutes until the slice gets dry.
- The entire juice of cucumber will be absorbed by the skin. Now wash your face with cold water. Repeat the remedy daily for about a week or two.
10. Sugar Scrub
Natural organic sugar obtained from sugar cane has glycolic acid which is responsible for removal of dead skin and also helps in reconstructing of the skin. Because of this nature, it acts as a remedy for the removal of acne scars.
How To Use Sugar Scrub For Acne Scars?
- Take 2tbsps of raw organic sugar. Add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil to it. Prepare a mixture by adding little lemon juice to make a scrub. Do not add too much so that it becomes too liquid.
- Use it as a scrub on your face also on scars. Leave it for about 15 -20 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- Remember to apply a good moisturizer on your face after this remedy. Using scrub will make your skin a bit dry. Apply this every alternate day and continue for about 2-3 weeks.
- Sugar scrub is also used to get rid of chapped lips fast naturally.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
You must have heard about the item called apple cider vinegar. It has several health benefits. It acts as a very good astringent and a disinfectant.
It helps in maintaining the body PH level and also possesses antibacterial and antifungal properties. Because of these properties, it is ideal to get rid of acne and dark acne spots cause by them.
This vinegar scraps off the skin dead cells. Doing this it also fades the scars of the skin. It can be used with water or honey:
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne Scars?
Take apple cider vinegar and add water to it in the same ratio. Mix the two well. Now take a cotton ball and dip it in the mixture. Apply the mixture externally on the scars.
Make sure all the scars are covered. Leave it like that for about 10 minutes. After that wash it with plain water. Repeat this remedy every day.
- Take nearly 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. To this add nearly 1-2 tbsp of honey.
- Then add ½ cup of water to it. Mix them all well. Now take a cotton ball and dip it in the mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the scars covering them. Apply it for 30 minutes.
- Then wash it off with normal or warm water. This remedy can be used daily to get the best results.
12. Vitamin E
The best vitamin for skin is the vitamin E. It possesses moisturizing properties due to which it hydrates the skin fading away from the scars. Most of the fruits and vegetables contain vitamin E, which in turn activates vitamin A.
If you are increasing the intake of vitamin E then, in turn, Vitamin A is also increased. Vitamin E & A are responsible for the good and healthy skin. Vitamin E directly is available in the market in the form of oil or in a capsule.
How To Use Vitamin E For Acne Scars?
- Firstly start with steaming your face so that the skin pores get opened and oil or the vitamin E can be absorbed easily by the skin.
- Then take some drops of vitamin E oil or extract the oil from the capsule and apply it on your scars evenly.
- Now after applying, massage the area slowly in circular strokes. Do this until all the oil gets absorbed by the skin.
- Leave it like that for about 15 minutes and then wash it off using plain water. Repeat this daily to get the best results.
13. Coconut Oil
But when it comes to healing properties coconut oil is on the top. It is a natural moisturizer available to mankind since ages.
It has anti-fungal, antibacterial, healing and anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it a very good option for curing acne scars.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Acne Scars?
- Take ½ tsp of coconut oil on your palm. Using your fingers take some oil and massage it on the scars.
- Keep massaging for 10 minutes till all the oil gets absorbed in the skin. There is absolutely no problem if you leave it like this for a long time.
- Coconut oil has the property to work until it is on the skin. But if you feel too oily then leave it for about 30 minutes and then wash it. You can use plain water or a cleanser to remove the oil.
Learn Amazing Use Of Coconut Oil As A Beauty Product
14. Cocoa Butter
The butter with excellent moisturizing and healing property makes it a remedy for acne scars. It gets easily absorbs in the skin and also quickly melts due to the body temperature. It moisturizes both the top layer of the skin and also the deeper layers.
It penetrates inside the skin and provides moisture. We all know that when the skin is moisturized and hydrated then scars and any kinds of spots fade away. You can also use cocoa butter in your daily use as it will make your skin hydrated and healthier.
How To Use Cocoa Butter For Acne Scars?
- Take some cocoa butter and apply this on your face. Make sure your face is clean and dry before applying it.
- After applying massage it on your scars gently for about 5-10 minutes. Best time to apply this is bedtime at night.
- Leave the butter on till morning and then wash it with plain water. Repeat this acne marks remedy every day.
- There is absolutely no harm if you do it 2 times a day. I.e. even in the daytime. The only problem is it will make your face look greasy.
Take Care With These Diet & Lifestyle Advises
- Water serves the best option when it comes to your skin problems. Remaining hydrated will solve your entire problem. Drink more and more water. Doing this it will flush out all the toxins in the body leaving it clean and hydrated. All the scars will start fading off.
- Include a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet. It will increase your vitamin content and in turn cure your acne scars and prevent it from reoccurring
- Don’t even dare to play with them. Don’t pick, squeeze or touch them hard. This will aggravate the situation. Touching with soft hands is no issue. What happens is that the acne is like inflames regions on your face. When you touch them hard or pick them it increases the inflammation and also injures it more. This will also promote the infection in deeper layers as well as nearby skin. This will affect your entire face and can leave you with some deeper scars.
- Avoid any exposure of the scars to the sun. Sun possesses some UV radiation to which our skin is very sensitive. These radiations slow down the healing process and all hard work goes into vain. Regular usage of the given remedies will be able to cure it well. Just try to avoid as much sun as possible.
Remedies are many which one will work depend entirely on the skin type and also on the intensity of the scars. All are natural so do not worry.
You can try them out and see which one is working for you. The only thing necessary is patience.
Nothing is gonna happen overnight. Regular and continuous usage will give positive results. Clear skin speaks its own language.
You May Also Like Reading:
Home Remedies For Blemishes