It is natural to take burp after having your meal. The excess air that your stomach expels from your mouth called burps. But it is not considered as the agood thing to do in the public.
Burping is something which embarrasses you among your friends and family. And sometimes your burps may cause rotten eggs like the smell and this is much more embarrassing.
So how to get rid of this sulfur burping? Well, burping is not a disease. But sulphur burps is something which you should treat on time. I will tell you about effective home remedies that will help you in getting rid of sulfur burps.
First of all, I will tell you about sulphur burping. And also I will you causes of sulfur burps. Furthermore, I will tell you about sulfur containing food. So keep reading the more is yet to come.
What Is Burping?
Belching or burping is the process of expelling excess air or gases present in your stomach from your mouth. If you have digestion and stomach problem then it can lead to excessive burping.
Burping may smell bad or not and is sometimes embarrassing among people. Usually, the smell due to burping is like the smell of food that you have eaten.
What Is Sulfur Burps?
Sulphur burping causes afoul smell like rotten eggs are due to the hydrogen sulphide gas. And this gas originates from the sulfur containing foods.
And after digestion, it creates H2S gas in your small intestine or stomach, which you will expel from your mouth. It may also be due to a reduction in microbes which helps in digestion of sulfur containing foods. These microbes can be pathogenic or normal intestinal bacteria.
What Causes Sulfur Burps?
Well, burping is common and the causes of sulfur burps are-
1. Gastro- Intestinal Infection:
- This infection is due to the giardia a parasite or helicobacter pylori bacteria. And these are responsible for the sulfur burps.
- This infection leads to severe stomach problems like abdominal pain and cramps, ulcers, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- This infection spread through unclean water, oral- faecal transmissions and poor hygiene.
- Prescribed medicines also cause rotten egg like burps.
- Any medication that contains sulphur can lead to sulphur burps.
3. Improper Diet:
- Your eating habits are also responsible for your sulphur burps.
- Having big meals that contain sugar and proteins in high amount may lead to sulphur burps.
- Because big meals take a long time to get digest and they remain in your intestine and stomach for a long time.
- This can form hydrogen sulfide and hence your stomach expels it through your mouth leading to foul smell.
4. Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth Or Sibo:
- It is another reason for sulfur burps.
- In the normal condition, there is a proper balance of a number of intestinal bacteria or flora.
- But if you are suffering from diseases like Crohn’s disease or celiac disease and also lactose intolerance.
- These all can lead to overgrowth of bacteria in your intestine and may result into sulfur burps.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps:
- It is the most effective home remedy to get rid of your sulfur burps.
- You should drink 10- 15 glasses of water every day.
- It will protect your stomach from various bacteria.
- It helps in flushing out toxins from your body and hence keeps you healthy.
- Water also helps you to get rid of bad breath which is due to the sulfur burps.
- Also drinking water before lunch helps in proper digestion.
2. Green Tea:
- Green tea is another effective remedy to treat sulfur burps.
- Also, intake more liquids will be beneficial for you to treat sulfur burps.
- Green tea improves digestion and hence helps your stomach to function better.
- You should drink green tea after having a meal and you will see better results.
- Drink warm green tea to get better results.
- Furthermore, green tea helps in eliminating toxins from your body.
- Consuming a large amount of fibre enriched fruits or foods are helpful for you in treating sulfur burps.
- Apple is rich in fibres.
- You can eat apples or you can drink apple juice.
4. Honey And Lemon:
- Sulfur burps can also cause pain in your stomach and to cure it use this remedy.
- Antioxidant and anti- inflammatory properties of honey and lemon will help you in reducing pain.
- And also it will prevent bacterial growth in your stomach.
- Take some lemon juice and add 1 teaspoon of raw honey in it and mix them well. And drink it.
- Use this remedy when sulfur burps causes pain in your stomach.
5. Brown Rice:
- It is another effective natural homemade remedy to treat your sulfur burps.
- Brown Rice is rich in fibers and hence it will help you in reducing the effect of sulfur burps.
- You can eat brown rice for few times in a day.
- It will show you positive results within short time.
6. Lime Juice:
- It has the same properties as that of lemon juice.
- It is also an effective natural remedy to treat your sulfur burps.
- Drink lime juice early in the morning every day before having breakfast.
- It will help you in flushing out toxins from your stomach and also from the body.
- And hence will prevent bacterial growth in your stomach.
7. Chamomile Tea:
- This herbal tea will help you to get rid of the sulfur burps.
- Furthermore, chamomile tea helps in improving the immune system of your body.
- Boil a cup of water and add dried chamomile leaves to it.
- Boil it for 5 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink this tea after having your meals.
8. Peppermint Tea:
- This is another effective herbal tea to treat your sulfur burps.
- Drinking peppermint tea every day provides a variety of benefits to your body.
- Furthermore, it helps in reducing the bad breath due to sulfur burps.
- Boil some water and add some peppermint leaves to it.
- Boil it for few minutes and after that strain it.
- Drink this tea for 2 -3 times every day.
9. Baking Soda:
- It controls the amount of acid in your stomach.
- And also helps in maintaining the perfect balance of acids in your stomach.
- And hence will help you in reducing the effect of sulfur burps.
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with the glass of lukewarm water.
- And then drink it.
- You will see the positive results after using this remedy.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar:
- It is acidic in nature. So you avoid direct contact with it.
- Also before consuming always dilute it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the 1 glass of lukewarm water. And then drink it.
- You should drink this remedy only once in a week.
11. Olive Oil:
- This another effective remedy for sulfur burps.
- Add few drops of this oil to your dishes every day.
- This will help you in reducing the effect of your sulfur burps.
Precautions While Treating Your Sulfur Burps
1. Avoid Sugary Food:
- You should avoid food items that contain sugar in it.
- To get rid of the sulfur burps you have to avoid consumption of sugary food.
- You should avoid eating candies, ice creams, and cakes.
2. Avoid Canned Food:
- You should avoid intake of canned food items.
- Because these canned foods lead to severe side effects to your digestive system.
- Try to take fresh vegetables and fruits in place of canned food.
- This will help you in reducing the effect of sulfur burps.
3. Avoid Alcohol:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol is another reason of sulfur burps.
- So you should avoid intake of alcohol to get rid of the sulfur burps.
- Moreover, drinking alcohol is also not good for your health.
4. Avoid Big Meals:
- You should avoid intake of large meals to get rid of your sulfur burps.
- Because large meals take a long time to get digest and they remain in your stomach for a longer time.
- And hence it may lead to sulfur burps.
- So it’s better to divide your large meals into smaller one.
- Because lighter meals help your stomach to function better. And also help you digest your food in time.
- If you feel hungry due to light meals you can take your meals for 5-6 times in a day.
- But don’t take the equal of these 5-6 meals in a single time.
Foods That Contains Sulfur
Sulfur burps may also be due to improper diet or weak digestion system. Now I am going to tell you about the foods that contain sulfur.
- Vegetables: Broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, mustard, garlic, onions, sweet potatoes, parsley, tomatoes, yams, watercress, and Swiss chard.
- Legumes: Peas, beans, lentils, carob, soy, alfalfa, and jicama.
- Fruits: Watermelon, bananas, avocado.
- Nuts, Grains, And Seeds: sunflower seeds, corn, oats, cashews, almonds, walnuts, coconut and sesame seeds.
- Amino Acids: Methionine and cysteine.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and H (biotin)
- Coffee and Tea.
- Red meats.
- Whey proteins.
- Dairy products especially milk.
Hope the above- mentioned information is useful to you.