The toilet is one of the most used rooms of your house. It is one of those places which you have to clean quite frequently to maintain hygiene and cleanliness. If you don’t then it would become a nice hub for various disease-causing germs.
The toilet cleaners that are available in the market are full of acids and harmful chemicals which leach the toilet instead of cleaning properly and give a very unhealthy look to it.
Hence it is best if we use natural cleaners which are safe and economical and does the chore quite efficiently.
Natural Cleaners To Keep The Toilet Clean
- Pour white vinegar into the toilet.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle baking soda on a toilet-bowl brush and scrub any remaining stained areas.
- Flush it properly.
2) Baking Soda
- Pour half a bowl of baking soda into the toilet.
- Let the baking soda stand overnight in the toilet. Remember to do this before going to bed so you don’t accidentally flush the toilet before the baking soda has a chance to work.
- Flush the toilet many times in the morning.
- Run a brush around the bowl to fully remove any loosened flake.
3) Borax And Lemon Juice
- Pour 10gm. of Borax into a bowl.
- Pour half a cup of lemon juice on the Borax and gently whisk with a spoon to make it into a paste.
- Flush the toilet to wet the toilet bowl and then rub the paste onto the toilet with a sponge or toilet brush.
- Let it stay for 2 hours before scrubbing thoroughly.
- This is a must remedy for removing a deep and prolonged stains.
4) Borax And Vinegar
- Flush the toilet to wet the sides of the toilet bowl.
- Sprinkle a cup of Borax in the rim and the side of the toilet.
- Spread half a cup of vinegar over the Borax.
- Allow it to stay overnight.
- Scrub thoroughly with a toilet brush until the bowl looks new.
5) Lemon Juice And Essential Oils
- Mix 2 lemon juices with a bowl of essential oil (recommended lavender oil) of your choice.
- Throw it evenly in the toilet bowl.
- Let it sit for 4-5 hours.
- Scrub it thoroughly till the stains get loose.
You will get a bacterium free scented toilet seats without any harmful chemicals.
These are some common home ingredients with which you can clean your toilets naturally.
DIY Toilet Cleaners Which You Can Easily Prepare At Home
1) Tea Tree Toilet Scrub
It is a deodorizing formula which utilizes the antibacterial properties of tea tree oil to kill germs in your toilet.
What You Need?
• ½ cup baking soda
• 1 cup distilled white vinegar
• ½ teaspoon tea tree essential oil
How To Prepare?
Mix vinegar and essential oil in a small spray bottle used in parlors. Spray vinegar mixture inside a bowl, on a toilet seat, lid, and handle. Allow the mixture to settle for few minutes.
Spread baking soda inside the toilet bowl and scrub inside of a bowl with a toilet brush. Use a dry cloth to wipe vinegar solution off a seat, lid, and handle. You can also use a cloth dipped in an antiseptic solution.
2) Stubborn Stain Toilet Cleaner
This toilet bowl formula is basically made for the stubborn toilet stains or any other tough toilet cleaning. It leaves a gleaming bowl and subtracts bad toilet odors.
What You Need?
• ¾ cup borax
• 1 cup white vinegar
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 5 drops lemon essential oil
How To Prepare?
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Flush your toilet to wet your commode. Pour the mixture into the toilet bowl, and allow settling overnight. Do not use the toilet during this time. Scrub the bowl and flush a toilet to rinse.
Keep your toilet clean to keep away all the disease-causing germs and also to get a fresh feel every morning. Let us bring a smile to your toilet seats!