Healthy bowels could be the key to your health.If you are wondering how you could maintain healthy bowels and cure constipation naturally then don’t look further than this.
No one wants to talk about it, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter. Your bowels matter big time. 80% of diseases originate it the digestive tract.
Three things that matter:
1. What we eat
2. How we break it down and assimilate it.
3. How we get rid of the waste.
We eliminate to get rid of unused materials. If we don’t get rid of the waste, the waste festers and turns toxic. Toxins in the bowels don’t stay in the bowels. The toxins can float into the blood and surface to the skin as acne or rashes.
Toxins find their way into joint cavities creating inflammation and arthritis or sit in the intestines creating obstructions, bloating and flatulence.
Idle toxins can even stop the downward flow of energy and stir up anxiety, poke irritation and coddle depression.
The term regular about bowel movements varies from person to person but less than three changes in a week mean your bowels are sluggish and more than 3 in a day means your bowels are hyper.
Ways To Promote Proper Elimination
1. Eat more roughage. Cooked roughage is easier to breakdown and smoother to pass. Avoid overcooking veggies as to retain nutrients.
2. Use healthy oils like olive oil, coconut oil, and ghee in foods to create lubrication. There are 25 feet from the mouth to the anus. If the channels are dry and, coarse particles get stuck. Good plumbing is essential.
3. Drink more water. Washing your car without water would be tricky. It’s just as tricky to clean your intestines without water. Needs vary based on a person, size, environment, and activity level. Arid climates, athletes and very slight people with crackly joints require even more water.
If you wait until you’re thirsty to drink, you’re already dehydrated. Drink about eight glasses of warm or room temperature water a day. Start your day with hot water to nudge motility.
4. Remove dairy and red meat. They’re hard to process and delay transient time. A vegetarian meal takes on average 27-61 hours to digest and exit whereas a non-veg meal can take up to 96 hours to break down and pass.
5. Eat more fiber: Soluble fiber attracts water and helps create a gel-like a bind. Apples, beans, oats, and flax seeds are excellent sources. Insoluble fiber can not be broken down, so it acts like a broom sweeping through the GI grabbing food and speeding it along. Good sources include broccoli, whole grains, nuts, leafy greens, and grapes.
6. Exercise: Move your body. Stretch, twist, walk, jump, swim, dance. Get creative. It doesn’t have to be a formal workout. Exercise accelerates your breathing and heart rate. This helps to stimulate the natural contraction of intestinal muscles. Muscle contractions expedite the elimination process.
6 Home Remedies To Cure Constipation
1. 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel before bed. Aloe is a mild laxative.
2. one tbspoon of blackstrap molasses before bed.
3. A glass of hot water with one tsp of ghee (clarified butter) in the morning on an empty stomach.
4. One tablespoon of honey in hot water twice daily.
5. Ginger tea: Elimination is the final step in digestion. High absorption equals better elimination. Ginger tea amps up your metabolism so you can effectively break down food. Side note: thoroughly chewing your food will optimize the process.
6. If you’re backed up, you can take one tablespoon of castor oil before bed.
Psychological factors can urge or impair peristalsis. Stress and anxiety can exacerbate faulty plumbing. Fear is an emotion of constriction. Constipation is an imbalance of constriction. Allowing yourself to literally “let go” is beneficial.
What goes in must come out. Eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner around the same time each day will generate a more patterned evacuation schedule.
Your body will come to know the rhythm and will begin to synchronize. Feast or famine creates confusion. If the body doesn’t know when it’ll receive its next meal, it’s less likely to burn quickly and relieve.
Traveling can create constipation. Try to keep your routine of meal times and fiber rich foods when you travel. Drink even more warm water.
Avoid Laxatives. Over the counter laxatives create dependency. The colon gradually loses its tone and becomes lazy. Abusing laxatives can create electrolyte and mineral deficiencies.
An all natural herb called Triphala is a wonderful substitute. This plant medicine will help gather toxins, guide them to the intestines, bulk stools and promote evacuation. Take it before bed with a cup of warm water.
Home Remedies For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Natural Remedies To Cure Constipation