Kadha is a recipe or a kind of decotation which has been used to cure cold,cough,soar throat,fever,digestion since ages.Discover the magic of Kadha in this article.
Are you worried about the upcoming winter? Is your cold and cough still persistent even after taking several medications? Do you feel your wallet lighter making payment for all cold related remedies?
Then here is a magical remedy, which can not only reduce your bill but also provide you instant relief from the cough, cold and sore throats during winter. The magical ayurvedic medicine for this is “KADHA”.It is an ayurvedic formulation made simply at home.
How Long Does It Take For Preparation?
In India, anything that the people are worried about is time. Let me reduce the increasing questionnaire hitting your mind about its preparation. It’s very simple and easy to make without consuming much of your time.
Preparation Time (arranging the required ingredients): 5 min
Boiling Time: 5 min
Total Time: 10 min
How To Prepare Kadha?
1.How to Make Kadha For Cold And Cough
The ingredients are nothing but daily used items. They should be easily within your reach in your kitchen.The ingredients to make the Kadha is given below.
- 50 g of fresh Ginger
- 30 g of fresh Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Mace Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 clove
- 4 Cardamom pieces
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- Some fennel seeds
- 4 Tulsi leaves (Indian Basilikum)
- 4 cups of Water
- A pinch of Black pepper
- A few dry leaves of saffron
- Few drops of honey
- ¼ teaspoon ghee
- Sugar to taste
Method Of Preparation
- Take the sticks of ginger and turmeric.
- Wash them properly in running water to clean any foreign particle sticking to their skin.
- I would suggest you not to peel their skin off before using.
- Take some tulsi leaves and grind them along with the washed ginger, cardamom and turmeric using blender or mortar.
- Put this paste along with mace powder, cinnamon powder, Black pepper, bay leaves, Fennel seeds and clove into a pot of boiling water.
- Leave it boiling for at least 5 minutes.
- Your Kadha would be ready by this time.
- Serve it in cups (the taste would be awesome if clay cups are used)
- Add some honey, ghee and saffron pieces to get a warming sensation.
- Slurp! Slurp! Enjoy your strong Kadha.
How do you feel? Isn’t it warming on a cold weather? Try to drink it as warm as possible to get instant effects.
2.Kadha To Boost Digestion
Ingredients: Fennel Seeds,Ginger,Ajwain
Follow the process mentioned and mix honey to taste.It will fire up your digestion.
3.Herbal Kadha To Increase Immunity
If you are often falling ill to various diseases then you can try this to boost to your immunity.
Ingredients: cardamom,dry ginger,cinnamon,white pepper and Honey
4.Herbal Kadha For Fever
Ingredients: 15 Indian Basil leaves (Tulsi),Pinch Of Fennel Seeds,5 Cloves,Pinch of Black Salt.
Prepare Kadha using the menioned herbs and spices.Add pinch of black salt.Drink it 3 times in a day.
5.Kadha To Control Blood Sugar Level(Diabetic)
If you want to control your blood sugar level then this kadha is a perfect choice for you.
Ingredients: Fenugreek & Turmeric
Add 1 spoon from each of these, boil them in water and drink this.
You can also learn about preparing Ayurvedic Tea to boost your health.
Health Benefits Of Healing Spices In Kadha
1. Black Peppercorn
It helps in the compilation of bile juice in the liver. It helps in digestion and provides a soothing effect to the stomach. It also helps in easy absorption of zinc.
2. Bay Leaf
It helps in digestion of starch and other sugar enzymes in the body such as glucose, fructose and lactose.
3. Cardamom Seeds
It helps in removal of toxic matter from the body thereby increasing digestion and appetite.
It stimulates glucose and carbohydrate metabolism. It also helps in easy blood circulation, thereby preventing clogs and gives relief from cramps.
It has anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-microbial properties that help in protecting the stomach walls from the acid reaction, thereby improving digestion.
6. Fennel Seeds
It provides a soothing and cooling effect to the stomach thereby reducing stomach pain. It also helps in curing the digestive disorder, flatulence and acidity.
Ghee helps in increasing the body heat thereby improving digestion and immunity of the body. It also helps in reducing the kapha dosha.
It is a pungent flavored spice, which improves digestion, absorption and assimilation of food. It is tri-Doshic (helps in removing Vata-Pitta-Kapha dosha) and helps in reducing congestion. It also reduces nausea and improves upset stomach.
Honey has iron, phosphorus, calcium, sodium and potassium as its major constituents. It increases the body heat and helps in improving immunity. It helps in proper functioning of your heart and reduces cold and cough.
10. Holy Basil
It is an amazing healing herb. It helps in reducing mucus during the cough and cold. It reduces stress, improves heart functioning and helps in curing skin diseases. It improves respiratory function. It also helps in keeping the kidney free from stones.
It acts as a healing ingredient for stomach pain due to acid overflow. It also helps in reducing headache and dry cough.
It is bitter in taste and helps in contraction of body tissues. Its anti-inflammatory property helps in healing stomach pain. It helps in keeping the liver strong, increases the bile formation that supports proper digestion. It also prevents congestion of toxic matter in the body.
Side Effects Of Kadha
Though Kadha doesn’t have any side effects but some things must be taken care of.
- Adding too much ginger can lead to heartburn and stomach upset.
- Ghee should be added according to specified amount. Excess amount will cause indigestion, flatulence and burning sensation.
- You should not take Kadha during fasting as it can cause nausea and stomach burn.
- Use of honey should also be specific as it can increase the body heat thereby causing uneasiness.
- In the case of diabetic patients, the amount of sugar should be taken care of.
- Too much black pepper should also be avoided as it can cause burning sensation and liver toxicities.
Kadha is something which is natural and ayurvedic. All the ingredients used are readily available in your kitchen.Without even running to the medicine store for the medicines you can cure the cough and cold easily at home.
Hope this article gave you enough information.
Leave your comments and suggestions below.Stay healthy and stay natural!