Most people ask the question whether eating watermelon at night is bad for health.There is taboo associated with eating watermelon at night.
You can eat watermelon at any time of the day. If you have the food craving, and you want to eat something at night, then it’s the best choice.
The reason is that little amount of watermelon will fill your stomach quickly.
But, there is a problem due to the lack or slow digestion of food during sleep this watermelon may remain undigested resulting in stomach problems the next day.
So, avoid eating too much.
Another problem accompanied with it is peeing. The intake of so much water of the fruit leaves you harassed and troubled because of frequent peeing during the whole night.
If eaten in moderate quantities then, this fruit is ideal for midnight hunger.
The entire fruit is edible and healthy too. Even the white area near the rind and the rind can be eaten.
- Health Benefits Of Eating Watermelon:
- 1. Helps Control Blood Pressure
- 2. Water Melon Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- 3. Watermelon Has Antioxidant Properties
- 4. Prevent Heat Stroke
- 5. Cures Constipation
- 6. Good For Hair Growth & Skin
- 7. Post Workout Supplement
- 8. Reduce Risk Of Cancer
- 9. Prevents Kidney Damage
- 10. Treats Erectile Dysfunction
- 11. For Eyes
- Watermelon Seeds For Pregnant Ladies
- Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Watermelon:
- Skin Care Tips Using Watermelon:
Health Benefits Of Eating Watermelon:
1. Helps Control Blood Pressure
Watermelon has high levels of carotenoids, like lycopene which protects the heart cells from any damage and improves its function.
This fruit also has Arginine and citrulline which promotes and regulates your flow of blood.
Thus helps in controlling the blood pressure levels. The vitamin C and potassium present in the fruit also contribute to reducing the bad cholesterol; which reduces hypertension in people who have obesity.
The entire fruit watermelon adds life to your heart.
2. Water Melon Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
The credit of this goes to the lycopene and the choline present in the fruit.
These nutrients help to reduce chronic inflammation, helps the body in learning, sleep, and movement of muscles.
Absorption of fats, transmitting impulses of nerve all these are also taken care by these nutrient in watermelon.
3. Watermelon Has Antioxidant Properties
It is due to the carotenoids and nutrients present in it. Due to which it maintains the ph balance in the body ph balance means the balance between the acid-alkaline of the body.
And calming down the toxins in the body. Ripper the watermelon, more is the nutrients and higher is the antioxidant properties.
4. Prevent Heat Stroke
Juicy fruity fruit is what describes the watermelon, as this fruit contains 92 % water.It helps to keep you hydrated as it has electrolytes.
It contributes to reducing the body temperature. For this reason, this is the best fruit to eat during summers to prevent the heat stroke.
5. Cures Constipation
All the parts of watermelon are edible, including the white part close to the rind.
These parts are fibrous which can be digested easily and helps to avoid constipation.
6. Good For Hair Growth & Skin
Watermelon contains another healthy nutrient vitamin A. Vitamin A helps in regrowth of new collagen cells of skin and hair.
Thus, watermelon keeps your skin and hair moisturized. Seeds of watermelon have essential oil and nutrients which help skin stay soft and firm.
The copper present in the watermelon improves the hair growth.
7. Post Workout Supplement
Arginine and citrulline present in the watermelon regulate the blood circulation.
Thus, it reduces the soreness of the muscles and also controls the heart rate. When you exercise watermelon reduces the recovery time post workout. You can also workout after dinner but have a gap of some hours.
8. Reduce Risk Of Cancer
The antioxidant properties of the watermelon due to the carotenoid lycopene and vitamin C.
It makes watermelon an ideal fruit to reduce the risk of cancer.
9. Prevents Kidney Damage
Watermelon has another nutrient filled in it , i.e. potassium. This nutrient helps to cleanse the toxins from the kidneys.
It is supports eliminating uric acid from the blood. many watermelons in reduced chances of any kidney damage.
Potassium is a vasodilator; it releases the tension of the blood vessels.As it has potassium, it helps to regulate blood pressure.
10. Treats Erectile Dysfunction
Watermelon has a real content of arginine. This arginine is capable of curing problems like erectile dysfunction. It can boost your libido.
11. For Eyes
The phytonutrients present in the watermelon is very helpful for maintaining the good health and correct functioning of your eyes and internal organs.
Watermelon Seeds For Pregnant Ladies
For pregnant ladies watermelon seeds can be very useful. These seeds provide minerals and nutrients like iron, vitamins, potassium and calories too.
This is very helpful in the intelligence development of the fetus.
Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Watermelon:
“Excess of everything is bad” is a commonly said proverb. In spite of having such health benefits, consumption of too much of watermelon has some side effects which you shouldn’t ignore.
Eaten in moderate quantity watermelon doesn’t produce any serious side effects.
If you are going to eat the abundant amount of watermelon,it will increase the concentration of the lycopene and other nutrients in your body. This can cause the problem in your body.
- Due to abundant consumption of this fruit, the body concentration of lycopene and potassium rises to extreme level thus causing nausea, headache, diarrhea, indigestion, stomach problems, gas and bloating.
- Watermelon comes with natural sugar. Though it has very less amount of sugar still. If you have very high blood sugar, then it can cause harm.So it is very dangerous for to consume more than 1 cup of sliced watermelon in a day.
- Hyperkalemia is a disease in which the potassium level of the blood is more than normal. This can result in cardiovascular problems, cardiac arrest, kidney disorders and reduced nerve and muscle responses.
- If you are suffering from this disease, then you should control the consumption of it as it has potassium in it. 1 cup of diced watermelon a day does no harm.
- People who are prone to allergy shouldn’t eat it. It contains certain enzymes such as malate dehydrogenase and triose phosphate isomerase. The allergy can result in swelling of the face or other stomach problems in extreme cases.
Skin Care Tips Using Watermelon:
Apart from having many other benefits, it is excellent for the skin. You can prepare various face packs using it as a base. This will refresh, cleanse and also makes your skin soft.
1. For Oily Skin
Take some watermelon and mash it. Add some yoghurt or curd to it. Make a paste out of it. Apply this paste evenly on your face and skin.This will work as a face pack and also removes excess oil from the face. Thus, this pack is very beneficial for oily skin.
This will work as a face pack and also removes excess oil from the face. Thus, this pack is very beneficial for oily skin.
2. For Dry Skin
Take some watermelon. Add little banana to it. Apply this pack all over your face.I as a face pack and helps to moisturise your face properly. Thus, it is beneficial for dry skin.
I as a face pack and helps to moisturize your face properly. Thus, it is beneficial for dry skin.
3. To Get Soft,Clean Skin
Extract the juice out of watermelon. Apply this juice on your face. This juice works as an astringent leaving your face fresh, soft and clean.
4. As A Face Pack
Mashed watermelon as a face pack can also be applied to the face.Leave it around 10-15 mins.
After that wash it off. You can feel the difference after washing it.
I am sure after knowing all these health benefits of watermelon you must be tempting to have it right now.
So, what are you waiting for, go and delight your taste bud?
If you still have doubts then comment below,I ll try to help you.