Many of you who go to a gym may have this question!Do I need to wear a tight underwear while working out?Well, this article brings you answers to your questions with reasons!
Should You Wear Tight Underwear While Working Out
- The answer to this question is totally dependent on the individual. Some prefer tight underwear as it gives additional support to the genitals while workout, while others prefer loose ones so that it doesn’t restrict their movement.
- There are rumours saying that tight underwear can lower the sperm count and lead to male infertility. This is due to the fact that the testis are pushed nearer to the body when a tight underwear is worn, which lowers is temperature. But, scientific studies have shown that there is no change in temperature if tight underwear is worn.
- So, type of underwear has nothing to do with male infertility and can be worn during workout according to one’s choice and comfort. The type of workout you do and your diet may affect your sperm count.
- Thongs are a big NO during the workout because they tend to move back and forth while you workout. The heat and friction caused due to this movement lead to urinary tract infections and vaginal infections.
- Lace panties are also not a good option because lace doesn’t allow the skin to breathe freely. The gym friendly underwear is the one which allows free movement is breathable and absorbs sweat. Lace fabric doesn’t satisfy any of the above.
- There is exercise-specific underwear available that is made of fabric which is skin friendly and absorbs sweat as well. It helps you to maintain dryness. To prevent any infection due to sweat and heat, anti-microbial treatment is available.
So, the ultimate decision lies in our hands. It is your comfort and choice that will matter because you need to be comfortable while you exercise; else it is of no use.
Keep some basic things in mind and choose the option which is best for you!
Stay fit and hygienic!