You can get rid of spiders permanently by using these awesome natural remedies at home. These are not only free from toxic chemicals but also makes ur house more pleasant.
Spiders are 8 legged creatures, and even if they are harmless no one wants to see them running and crawling around in the house. They get in your house to find food and shelter during rainy and cold seasons.
There are 40,000 different types of spiders around the world with a small group of them venomous. But one thing about the spiders is that almost all of them hate water and so they do not live in water, in fact, only very few species live near a water body.
They spin webs around your house to catch their prey, but that makes your house look old, dirty and ugly. Most spiders have fangs to attack their prey and while many of them are not venomous to humans they do bite humans and their bites are very painful.
That is why many people do not like them even after knowing that they prey on other small insects and that means they keep your house insects free.
So if you want them to leave your house and make your house clean and spider free then here are some easy remedies. Let’s get started.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Spiders
We take a cup of white vinegar and add it to 2 cups of water. Now take this mixture and store it in a bottle or jar.Spray it at all the entry point and cracks and crevices, where the spiders may reside.Vinegar repels the spider very easily and they tend to stay away from it.
2.Liquid Dish Soap:
Every household has liquid dish soap and it is used to create a solution of some liquid soap and water.If the liquid soap is in lime or lemon versions then it will show quick results.Spray some of this solution where you store kitchen items, food, and jars. They will easily repel those spiders.
3.Tea tree oil:
There are some aromas which make us feel fresh and energetic, but the spiders might hate them.Spray or put some tea tree oils where the spiders are seen.
Or make a small portion solution of tea tree oil and vinegar and spray that in your wardrobe and other drawers.Not only will I repel spiders but also other small insects and it will leave a very good smell in your wardrobe.
Just like tea tree oil, lavender oil also prevents spiders from entering the house or cupboards.You can add 5 drops of lavender oil to the water which you give to the flower pot and place it near the entry of the house.
The smell will prevent the spiders from coming in the house.Also, you can spray it generally over the house so that the spiders recede away.
5.Peppermint/ Peppermint Oil:
It is one of the most effective and widely used methods to get rid of spiders.The strong smell of peppermint is hated by the spiders and they run away from it. Spray some oil to make your home spider-free.
Take about 10 cloves of garlic and crush them. Now take that garlic juice and mix it with some water to make a good solution. Keep it handy and spray it where the spiders might reside. Put them in your house’s corners.
This one is a rather insect repellentTake some black peppers and crush them. Collect the powder and sprinkle them on the spiders or places like corners and crevices.
But stay cautious and wear gloves and mask while doing this as the spicy black pepper can irritate your skin and mouth.Also, keep them away from toddler and kids.
Scented candles of lavender, lime and citronella are not only aromatic but also, their smell repels spiders.Light them at a place and forget seeing spiders there.
Get around 2-3 lemons and squeeze them. Collect the juice and mix it with around 1 glass of water. Store it in a spray bottle. Along with spraying this at cracks and spider inhabited place you can also use lemon dish soaps, cleaner, and other products to repel spiders.
Dry those lemon peels and crush them to a fine powder. Now you can sprinkle this in different corners of your home. Spiders do not like lemon at all and any kind of lemon be it in soaps and detergents or spray repel spiders.
Any kind of citrus fruit tends to keep the spiders away. Make a powder out of their peel or spray some juice along with water around the house.
Turmeric is a common household, has amazing anti-biotic properties and not only does it treat many diseases, it also helps to keep the insects away.
Sprinkle some turmeric in your kitchen and other areas to keep the spiders away. Spiders have an allergic reaction to turmeric and so they tend to stay away from it.
Sprinkle some baking soda all around the house as spiders do not like baking soda.Baking soda is easily available and is an effective technique to stop them.
Salt is a poison for spiders. And also, it is not at all harmful for humans.You can sprinkle some small amount of salt in your house or you can make a salt solution and spray it in your cupboard and corner of your house.It will prevent the spiders from intrusion.
Put few cloves in a spider web or make a solution with water and spray it to drive those spiders away. Cloves are a proven remedy to get rid of spiders and they are readily available in the household.
Chestnut kept near the windows or near plant pots can repel those spiders very easily.Keep them around places where they are seen frequently or near their web.
As mentioned before spiders hate mind and peppermint. You can keep mint tea bags around their shelter or open them and dust some mint tea around so that they run away from it immediately.
17.Indian Lilac oil:
Apply some Indian lilac oil over windows and ventilation area with cotton or sprinkle some oil in the flower pot or garden. They are spider repellent and harmless to humans.
Any easy way to get rid of spiders is to sprinkle lilac powder in your home and garden. Even the kids can touch it and it is safe for plants and herbs.
Spiders find the smell of citronella very strong and they resist it. You can use it to mop the floor or to clean your house and it will drive those spiders away.
Tobacco is strong for spiders. You can either make a solution with water/vinegar or simply tobacco balls with some flour.Now place them around the house, the spiders will die easily.
You can pick some tomato leaves from a tomato plant and blend them with water.Make a fine solution spray it around the house.It will also stay for weeks in your fridge so no need to do them again on a regular basis.
Cedar block kept in drawers, cupboards and corner of rooms block and repel spiders.
Eucalyptus oil soaked cotton placed at various areas drive spiders away. You can also put some eucalyptus leaves instead of oil, it serves the same purpose.
Essential Oil To Get Rid Of Spiders
What you need:
- lavender oil
- tea tree oil
- peppermint oil
- neem oil
- spray bottle
- liquid soap
- Put 5 drops of lavender oil, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, neem oil and fill water almost up to the brim.
- Add dish soap to fill the bottle and shake it vigorously.
- Before using it anywhere use to vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the spider webs and other dirt.
- Test it on a small area and then spray it on the doors, windows, cracks and dark areas where the spiders might be living.
- You can also add some vinegar for the mixture but do know that it might affect some surfaces and clothes.
Do’s And Dont’s
- Keep rooms, doors, windows closed especially in the evening to keep those spiders away.
- Spiders feed on small insects so keeping an insect repellent or blue light insect killer in your home or garden is a better way to get rid of spiders
- There is pest control method available and other insecticides available to keep spiders under control.
- To remove those spiders consider killing or getting rid of small insects. There are web eliminators and other methods to get rid of spiders and spider mites.
- Some spider eliminators are sol which can be used in gardens. They will kill a spider as soon as they step on your plants. But keep them outdoors.
- Seal all the holes and crevices to prevent spiders from entering in.
- Keep your outdoor lights off and use sodium vapour lamps wherever possible as they do not tend to attract other insects and eventually that will get rid of spiders as well.
- There are other high-tech options which emit unfavourable frequencies for insects and kills them very efficiently.
- Do not pile up old stuff like clothes, papers, cardboards. All these things attract spiders.
- Do not keep the spider web as it is, Try to clean them as soon as possible.
- Do not keep more vegetation near the house as spiders like to hide near them and they can get into your home very easily.
We know that there is expensive pest control to get rid of spiders and other insects and that they always tend to return after some time. But we now know of many remedies that can get rid of them and keep them in control for a long time.
Moreover, they have some advantages like
- They are not at all harmful, at least most of them are harmless to humans and kids.
- The solutions are easy to make and apply anywhere and no complicated methods of equipment are needed.
- All the remedies are household and quite handy. If one thing is not available you can always try the other one.
- Most of them give a quick and long lasting result.
We also saw something you should do and a few things you should avoid so that the spiders do not invade your house. Spiders love to be near dust and dirt and generally repel mint, vinegar, and pepper. So if you keep your house neat and tidy and get rid of other small insects, your home will be spider free for a long time.