Hair plays an essential role in your life and it represents you. But many of you complain about your hair. The most common question asked is how often women can wash their hair. So, this article is for you where you can find a proper answer to your question.
If you have oily hair you might be the first one to suffer from various hair problems. Oil is good for your hair, it makes your scalp healthy but not all the time.
Table of Contents
How Often You Should Wash Your Hairs
1.Types Of Hair
Not all the women have same types of hair. Some of you may have straight, thin hairs and some of you may have curly or wavy hairs. If I talk about straight and thin hairs they are easily coated with serum( a serum is a silicon-based product that coats the surface of your hair) and as a result, it looks greasy.
On the other hand, if I talk about curly or wavy hairs they lack serum as because these hair tend to be dry since the oil doesn’t reach the serum well. Thus, serum plays an important role in maintaining your hairs.
Many of you think that oil makes your hair healthy but you are wrong. It is not helpful all the times and it makes your hair dirty. It can leave your hair clumpy and limp. It depends on your age, sex, genetics, and environment that how much oil your hair produce.
Some of you can wash your hair once a week but if your hair is producing enough oil you need a special care and you should wash your hair daily.
3. Physical Dirt
Dust and dirt often get trapped in your hair and for cleaning your hair you have to wash them. Avoiding a wash can lead your hair look dull and in extreme cases, you may suffer from allergies.
You will be surprised to know that sweat can mess up your hair. It makes your hair dull. Sebum can make your hair look dirty and hair may give a bad smell. So, it is advised women after their workout should wash their hair.
5. Artificial Products
Many of you just love using hair care products but you ignore the fact that how bad your hair is affected by them. Using too much shampoo, conditioner, hair dyes, glitters affect your hairs and make it dull. Your scalp gets damaged. Thus, you should wash your hairs after using these products.
Washing Your Hair Too Much/Overwashing
Washing your hair with shampoo is good for your hair as it helps in removing dirt from your scalp. But if you are washing your hair often, it can damage your hair. It damages your scalp and makes it rough and as a result, you may suffer from hair lice. I also notice that women overwash their hair to avoid dandruff by using shampoo. This harms your hair too.
On the other hand, I also see many of you use conditioner and think that your hair nourishes well. But let me say you that this only works in minor cases. The conditioner does contain harmful chemicals and if used for a long time can harm your hair. Using too much of conditioner can lead to hair loss and scalp damage. Thus, stop washing your hair too often and make lesser use of shampoo and conditioner so that your hair stays healthy.
Thus, overwashing your hair can lead to various problems like:
- Your hair becomes rough and dry.
- You may have dandruff if you overwash your hair.
- It may also lead to itching, persistent flaking etc.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
You should make some healthy habits to clean your hair and how often you can clean them.
- You should wash your hair 2-3 times a week which is sufficient for your hair to stay healthy. The most important thing you should remember is that always use cool or lukewarm water to wash your hair as hot water can damage them.
- In between, you can use natural shampoo and conditioner. Don’t just wash your hair daily as it may damage your scalp.
- After washing your hair you can massage your hair with good massaging oil which will help your hair to stay healthy and moisturized. Use natural products to clean your hair. These are beneficial for your hair and don’t have any side-effects.
- Apart from these avoid using the artificial
- Sometimes it also depends on your hair texture. Every one of you has a different hair texture and according to your texture, you have to decide how and when to wash your hair. For e.g. oily hairs need some more care than other types of hair. Rough hair needs special attention and moisture to stay healthy.
- You should also wash your hair according to the climatic condition. For e.g. in summer you can wash your hair thrice a week and in winter you can wash your hair once.
If I talk about powder or spray cleaner they actually fail to perform their work but prevent your hair from clumping. Dry shampoo is recommended for those who fail to wash their hair and increase their time between their hair washes.
It is mainly a white powder which can be easily applied by your hand or you can use by the help of a brush. If you have fine hair you can use it with oat milk by which you can get healthy bouncy hair.
The best and easy way to clean your hair is water. By using water you can clean your hair rather than use some harmful chemical products.
Some Common Mistakes Women Make While Taking Care Of Their Hair
Using Artificial Color
You often hide your white hairs by coloring your hair. But many of you just fail to choose the right color for your hair and as a result, artificial color damage your scalp and you may suffer from rough and damaged hair.
Using Hair Straightener/ Styler
Many of you use a hair straightener to style up your hairs but doing this you are damaging your hair. Your hair is natural and when you use these artificial products it makes your hair rough and dry. You may also suffer from hair loss.
Delay In Haircut
Many of you just delay in cutting down your hair which may lead to split ends.
Night Hair Care Routine
Many of you just skip or ignore night hair care routine. You should comb your hair and use silk pillow rather than cotton pillows.
At last, but not the least I would like to say that washing your hair very often will not work. Instead, it depends on the type of hair etc. Overwashing can be harmful. Moisturize your hair to give them proper nourishment.