Some of you may not have listened to the name of Quenepa. Quenepas grow in tropical areas such as in the Caribbean, Florida, Mexico and South Africa.
It is popular in several names whole over the world as Guinep, Skinip, Limoncello, Mamon, etc. It mostly grows in Latin America.
How Is Quenepa Fruit Beneficial To Health?
As a tropical and exotic fruit, Quenepa has much more healthy nutrients in it. It has many health benefits to keep you fit and healthy. Let’s know about the benefits in brief.
- Quenepa helps to ease both your stomach and throat.
- It is full of fibre, which helps you to lower your cholesterol level naturally.
- To prevent constipation, quenepa helps a lot by bulking up the stool and by stimulating peristaltic motion.
- Presence of Vitamin A in quenepas boosts your immune system.
- It helps your urinary system to act properly.
- Presence of Vitamin C in Quenepa helps to keep your teeth and bone strength.
- Quenepa is anti-carcinogenic. The nutrients present in it helps your body to prevent cancer.
- It has phosphorous, which is an essential nutrient your body needs.
- Due to rich in phosphorous Quenepa helps in digestion, regulating hormones, bone formation, regulating excretion, protein formation, and proper nutrient use.
- Quenepa contains Tryptophan, which is an essential Amino Acid helps to boost your mood. Tryptophan helps to bring a natural calming effect on you and induces sleep. This essential Amino Acid also fights with anxiety and helps to burn more fat in you.
- The presence of Lysine in Quenepa, helps you to treat cold sores and reduces anxiety.
- Quenepa prevents herpes and gives great relief in the shingle.
- It also helps in beauty treatment.
- If you have acne, pimples, and blackheads, Quenepa has the qualities to fight against them.
- Quenepa also makes your skin clean and free of any ugly marks.
- Eating Quenepa helps you to get rid of Asthma and its inflammatory reactions.
- Quenepa is anti-diabetic. Presence of some particular proteins in it keep your blood sugar in balance.
- If you are a diabetic, consuming Quenepa will lower your blood sugar. Quenepa optimizes the insulin-glucose balance.
- This fruit is full of antioxidants (Phenolic Compounds) which helps your cardiovascular system to work properly. These antioxidants prevent the heart diseases by boosting your immune system. Even it prevents heart-strokes.
- It helps you to lose weight. It has only 58 calories per serving and no cholesterol. Eating them keeps you full for hours. Thus you don’t need to over-eat.
- Eating of quenepa gives you relief from any Gum-infections and Gum-diseases.
- Quenepa prevents the formation of Urinary Stones.
- It neutralizes unwanted bacteria inside of your body as well as other microorganisms.
- Quenepa supports your Mucosal and Epithelial Tissues.
- It helps your system in the creation of Red Blood Cells.
- Quenepa helps to prevent any type of Stomach Ulcers.
- It prevents the dangerous effects of Dysentery.
- This fruit helps to prevent Bronchitis.
- It prevents Osteoporosis and other age-related complications.
- Quenepa helps your body to drop Free Radicals.
- It treats Insomnia better than any prescribed medicines.
- Quenepa contains a measurable amount of Iron to fight with Lightheadedness and Stomach Upset.
- It improves nutrient-take efficiency in your stomach.
- Eating of quenepas supports your neurotransmitter levels return to normal.
Quenepa For Women
Quenepa has some particular nutrients which help the genetic system of women.
- Eating quenepa helps women during menstruation to calm some of the psychological side effects.
- In women, it supports the growth of the body-development to menstruation.
- Quenepa helps to reduce your High Blood Pressure and Hypertension during your periods.
- Quenepa helps to boost your mood in pre-menstrual days.
- Regular eating of quenepas supports and protects women from any genial adverse effects.
Food Value Of Quenepa
Quenepa is full of nutrients and properties vividly beneficial to your health. It contains an adequate amount of food value for each nutrient present in it.
The food ranking system has qualified Quenepas as an excellent source of antioxidants for your cardio system. Let’s know about these food values in brief.
Food Value Per 100 g of Edible Portion Of Quenepa
- Calories 58.11-73
- Moisture 68.8-82.5 g
- Protein 0.50-1.0 g
- Fat 0.08-0.2 g
- Carbohydrates 13.5-19.2 g
- Fibre 0.072.60 g
- Ash 0.34-15 mg
- Calcium 3.4-15 mg
- Phosphorus 9.8-23.9 mg
- Iron 0.47-1.19 mg
- Carotene 0.02-0.44 mg
- Thiamine 0.03-0.21 mg
- Riboflavin 0.01-0.20
- Niacin 0.15-0.90 mg
- Ascorbic Acid 0.8-0.10 mg
- Tannin 1.88 g
- Amino Acids
- Tryptophan 14 mg
- Lysine 17 mg
This Analysis is made in Cuba, Central America, and Colombia.
Not only the Quenepa fruits, the leaves and seeds also have beneficial effects on your body.These are also packed with many nutritional values.
Health Benefits Of Quenepa
A. Benefits Of Quenepa Leaves
- You have to chew the raw leaves and stems to get rid of a cough and fever.
- Make a tea by boiling the leaves to get relief from any intestinal problems you have.
- Quenepa gives you relief from a sore throat and tonsillitis using the juice of the leaves as a gargle.
- Drink the decoction of Quenepa leaves to lower your High Blood Pressure instantly.
B. Benefits Of Quenepa Seeds
- You can use Quenepa seeds as an alternative to Cassava flour for baking.
- The cooked and roasted seeds of quenepas can be eaten like chestnuts.They have a great taste.
- The powder of roasted seeds mixed with honey can give you get rid of Diarrhea.
Side-Effects Of Quenepa
- Some people have the experience of constipation after eating too much of Quenepas. Remember, anything consumed too much is always hazardous.
- Another main point to remember when you are eating Quenepas, the juice can leave stains on your clothes.
Where To Get Quenepas?
Quenepas are available online at Amazon.com. You can find them in some local markets of Asia and Florida as well as in some specialty markets.
Quenepa is a fruit-bearing tree from the Soapberry family. Each part of this tree is highly beneficial to your health. The Quenepa fruit has the qualities to live longer, to look better, and to prevent many diseases. Allthe above nutrients present in it have a powerful effect on human health. It is the best-tasting fruit as reviewed.