Varun or Water Mudra is beneficial for increasing the water element in the body. Our body is comprised of 75% water.
Any disbalance in this percentage of water can lead to serious ailments. Hence, its important to keep the water percentage intact.
Table of Contents
How To Perform Varun Mudra?
Place the tip of the little finger( depicting the element of water) to the tip of the thumb. Apply pressure.
Health Benefits Of Varun Mudra
This is practised to maintain a balance of all the body fluids ( such as lymph, blood tears, enzymes,hormones) and prevent dehydration.
In a case of an advent of dehydration, there may be many skin issues such as Acne,dryness of skin etc.
2.For Mouth Disorders
Also known as Jal Vardhaak Mudra can n be used to treat disorders related to mouth dryness, saliva etc. Thus, it helps in rehydration.
3. For Dehydration
Dehydration issues may cause serious discomfort. Dehydration may cause urinary issues, hormone deficiency etc. While, regular practice of this mudra will resolve any issue related to dehydration.
Other Benefits Of Doing It
• Balancing the water percentage can lead to healing of issues related to indigestion. Thus intestinal issues can be resolved by regular practice of it.
• During the onset of winter season, there may be issues related to decrease in the water content of the body. This may lead to dryness of the skin. Practice Varun Mudra to rebuild the water percent of the body.
• The occurrence of cramps and stiffness can be highly diminished by the practice of this Mudra.
• Issues related to degradation in blood count such as an anemia , can be prevented.
• Bone problems such as arthritis, joint cartilage can be efficiently reduced by the practice of Varun Mudra.
• Due to deficiency, of water there may be a loss of taste sensation. Hence practice Varun Mudra to rebuild the water percentage.
*Perform this yoga for 45 minutes a day. People who suffer from water retention should prevent doing this exercise for a long duration.