Do you normally feel like nausea? Do you usually miss your important meetings and parties due to this?
Then you are at right place. Nausea is a very common thing, and the best remedy for this is to practice yoga daily. Yoga is very helpful in the treatment of nausea for forever.
The upcoming article will tell you various poses of yoga that you should practice for nausea. These poses are really helpful while you are suffering from nausea.
Although you should practice yoga daily as it keeps you fit but if you practice these asanas when you feel nauseated then you will feel relieved. Try these asanas once! They are effective.
How Yoga Helps In Treating Nausea?
Yoga is really helpful in treating nausea as sometimes you feel nauseated because of discomfort in your neck or back and every helps in stretching various parts of the body.
Nausea is also caused because of disturbance in the digestive system and various yoga asana help in making digestive system work properly. Nausea also massages the abdominal organs and muscles.
Yoga Poses For Nausea
It is a very simple exercise which is needed to be performed whenever you feel nauseated. It can be done effortlessly and provides you relief from Nausea.
The Following procedure is needed to be followed to perform this asana.
- You just need to sit down with your legs cross-legged.
- Now start bending your body until it makes 45 degrees angle with your legs.
- Keep a chair in front of you and rest your arms on that chair.
- Or You can also completely bend your body as well with your hands completely stretched outwards. In this case, you will not need a chair to rest your hands.
- Do this for 2-3 minutes by keeping your eyes closed.
- It massages the abdominal organs and muscles. That’s why this provides relief from nausea.
- This asana is the most simple and effective one.
2. Viparita Karani (Legs Up The Wall Pose)
This yoga asana also can be done very easily and effortlessly. As its name suggests, you need to do your legs straight up with the support of the wall. This yoga asana is helpful in improving your digestion so, help in feeling relieved from nausea.
You need to follow the following procedure:
- Take a yoga mat.
- Lie on this yoga mat on the floor.
- Now do your legs straight by taking small steps above the wall with the support of the wall.
- Remain in this position for 8-9 minutes.
- Repeat this exercise again and again.
- This asana improves the digestion which is lowered by nausea.
3. Supta Virasana (Reclining Hero Pose)
This asana is very effective in providing relief from nausea. This is because this asana involves your body to be lying down. This yoga asana provides pressure on your stomach and liver as your diaphragm is lifted.
For performing this asana, you need to follow this procedure:
- Kneel down.
- Sit by putting your sit bones between the legs which are resting on the ground.
- Your buttocks must be on the floor and not on the legs.
- Stretch your body by Bending your back till it rests on the floor.
- Keep your body in this position for 8-9 minutes.
- Repeat this exercise till you feel better.
4. Badha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
This is a very easy and efficient asana. Abdominal organs are stretched and stimulated by this asana. You need to follow the following procedure:
- Firstly, sit down.
- Squat on the floor.
- Bring the soles of your feet together.
- Bring your feet near to your pelvic region.
- Remain in the same position for 3-5 minutes.
- Repeat this exercise if needed.
5. Deep Breathing Yoga
In this type of asana, you need to breathe deeply which helps in relieving nausea as this asana allows fresh oxygen to flow through your body. It relaxes pressure on the diaphragm and abdomen. You need to deep breathe in the following posture:
- You need to sit cross-legged on the floor.
- Close your eyes and start deep breathing.
- Sit in relaxed form.
- Breathe in slowly, hold your breath for some time and exhale slowly.
- Repeat this for 5-10 minutes.
6. Virasana (Hero Pose)
This asana creates space in the abdomen decreasing the pressure from the diaphragm, provides you relief. You need to follow the following procedure:
- Sit on your knees keeping your heels under the hips.
- Slowly move your legs outwards and rest your hips on the floor.
- If you are not comfortable in this position, then you can also keep the pillow and sit on that pillow instead of touching your hips on the floor.
- Raise your arms and make a cross of them and keep on your head.
- Rest in this position for 10-12 breathing time.
- This one must be the most difficult one, but it is the most effective one.
- Try once.
7. Parvartta Utkasana (Teri leigh Pose)
This pose is really helpful in treating nausea as it stimulates the second chakra of water in our body. This pose is like prayer twist. For this, you need to follow the following procedure.
- Sit on your hips like you sit on a chair but without a chair.
- Now bring your hands in prayer position and turn on a single side.
- Remain in this position for 2-3 minutes.
- Now take a few drops of lukewarm water.
- Again take the same position but on the opposite side.
- Repeat this again and again by keep changing sides.
8. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
This asana is also very helpful but doesn’t put more force on your stomach.
Follow these steps to do this asana:
- Stand straight keeping your feet together.
- Now fold your torso on the legs from the hips.
- Place your hands on the earth.
- Inhale and exhale deeply.
- Remain in this posture for 2-3 minutes.
- Do this again and again.
Poses That Are Needed To Be Avoided During Nausea
Try to avoid the poses that are bending your back and try not to do asana that is making you uncomfortable or you are feeling that these postures are increasing your difficulties.
When Is There A Need To Call A Doctor?
Nausea is not something to panic about, but there is the need to call a doctor if the following occurs to you.
- If you are facing nausea for more than 2-3 days or there are chances of getting pregnant.
- If home treatment is not doing any good to you and you are feeling a lot dehydrated.
- If you are vomiting for more than a day and facing diarrhea as well.
And there is a need to take immediate action if nausea is accompanied by these more problems as well.
- Chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Blood in the vomit
- Abdominal pain or cramping
- High fever
- Stiff neck
- Fecal odor in the vomit
Diet That Should Be Followed
If you are feeling nauseatic, then you need to follow the following diet for feeling better.
1. Take It Easy
Stop for a second in this running world. Don’t do much activity and take enough rest. A lot of work can make nausea worse. So, take your life some easy. Take a break from your regular life and give time to your health.
2. Stay Hydrated
You must stay hydrated. Take drinks from time to time like lemonade, ginger drink, mint tea or water. You can consume anything of them but take these from time to time.
3. Avoid Strong Odors
Avoid strong odors of hot foods, perfumes or smoking, etc. these odors can make your condition worse.
4. Take Bland Foods
Take the foods that are easily digestible such as gelatine or toast or you can also try rice or cereal etc.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure
- Eat small meals instead of taking very large meals.
- Try to eat slowly.
- Take foods that are easy to digest and avoid foods that are not digested easily.
- Take liquids before taking meals rather than after and during meals.
- Eat when you feel comparatively less nauseated.
Nausea is not a big problem, but this can lead to a big problem. So, don’t be careless. Take care of yourself. Your health is most important.
You must have heard “HEALTH IS WEALTH.”
So, remembering this. Take proper rest. Follow proper diet. And take curative measures as soon as you feel any problem. Do not increase the problem. Do this yoga asana daily if you feel nauseated frequently.
HAVE HEALTHY AND LIVELY LIFE.