Discover benefits of using henna for the beautiful natural hair.
Henna can be used to cure damaged hair, dandruff, gray hair.Not only it promotes hair growth but also arrest hair fall.
When you get many problems, you wish that by doing only one thing you can solve all the problems.But normally that is not possible.
In the case of hair problems, you have one solution to all the problems. The solution is the Henna.
Henna is popularly known as Mehendi.It has been used since a long time for coloring hair.
Using henna as a hair color has many advantages over chemically made hair color. Chemically made hair color can damage your hair but henna conditions the hair prevents dandruff and also gives smooth hair.
Henna has been in use for decades and is very helpful in preventing itchy scalp, and it also helps in hair growth.
The natural properties of henna help it to correlate with proteins that help to repair and seal the hair cuticles. So this helps in hair growth. It strengthens the hair, prevents breakage of hair and also adds shine to your hair.
- Benefits Of Using Henna:
- Henna Packs For Damage-Free Hair
- How To Use Henna For Hair Growth
- Hair Conditioner packs with Henna
- Treating dandruff with henna
- Hair fall Pack using Henna
- Tips and Tricks:
Benefits Of Using Henna:
- It is a natural dye that helps to prevent premature graying of hair. Henna also balances pH level in the scalp that will help in preventing hair fall. It will help in getting rid of dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Henna has cooling properties which also helps in conditioning hair. This soothes the dry scalp by restoring the lost moisture.
- It is one of the ways to control dandruff, as it contains anti-fungal and anti bacterial properties.
- Applying henna pack two times a month helps make hair glossy, helps add volume and makes it healthy.
- It helps in repairing damaged hair and helps to restore the acidic-alkaline scalp balance.
- It conditions the hair by building a protective layer and locks the nutrients and moisture.
- It is the safest and the best way to color your hair as it does not contain ammonia or any chemicals or toxins.
Henna Packs For Damage-Free Hair
Henna is good to attain healthy and problem free hair. It adds volume, brings shine and luster to your hair. It doesn’t have any side effects, and it is an ultimate solution to all the problems of damaged hair.
Here are some amazing remedies to color your hair with henna and also a solution to your hair problems.
1. Henna, Amla, Shikakai and Bhringraj hair pack
Henna is great for hair but when it is mixed with shikakai, Amla and bhringraj then they will make an excellent hair pack. This pack is very beneficial for beautiful and healthy hair, and it is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of hair and scalp problems.
- 2 cups of Henna powder
- Amla powder – ½ cup
- Shikakai powder – 2 spoons
- One egg white
- Two spoons of lemon juice
- One spoon tulsi powder
- One spoon of bhringraj powder
Mix all the ingredients above at night before going to bed with coffee or tea decoction.
Apply it on your hair the next morning and cover your head with a shower cap. This will help to keep your hair moist so that the color gets absorbed quickly.Leave it for about 45 minutes and then wash thoroughly using a mild shampoo.
2. Henna, Coffee, and Beetroot
This hair pack helps to give hair burgundy hair color and restore the health of the hair and does not have any side effects.
- 2 cups henna
- Tea liquor
- Juice of a lemon
- Egg white (optional) 1
- Coffee powder – 2 tbsp
- Beetroot juice – 1 cup
Take henna powder in an iron bowl. Iron bowl allows henna to oxidize and provides with a rich and deep tint. Then pour tea liquor into it and start stirring continuously, till you get the lump free mixture.
Now add coffee powder and leave the mixture overnight. Next day mix some lemon juice, egg white and beetroot juice to this mix. Mix all the ingredients nicely and apply it on the hair. Let this pack rest for 2 to 3 hours. Then wash your head using a mild shampoo and plain water.
How To Use Henna For Hair Growth
You can make your essential oil using henna so as to get rid of white hair and pollution. This oil also helps to promote hair growth naturally.
1. Henna and Gingili Oil
- 5 cups of henna powder
- Gingili oil – 250 grams
Heat gingili oil till it starts producing heat. Now add the henna powder to it and boil for 5 to 6 minutes. When the mixture cools down completely store this in a bottle. Use this oil 2 to 3 times a week for two months. You will surely see improved results.
2. Henna, Fenugreek seeds and Mustard oil
This mixture contains the goodness of fenugreek and mustard. Both the ingredients are known for promoting hair growth. It is a nourishing oil for dry hair. On one hand mustard oil encourages blood circulation in the scalp on the contrary fenugreek helps in supplying essential nutrients to the hair follicles.
- 2 cups Henna
- ½ a cup Fenugreek seeds
- Two tablespoon Mustard oil
Soak henna and fenugreek seeds in separate bowls for overnight. Next day ground the fenugreek seeds into a smooth paste. Now mix fenugreek paste and mustard oil to the henna and apply the pack on your hair and scalp. Keep it for 2 hours and wash using water followed by mild shampoo.
3. Henna, Mustard Oil, and Lemon juice/ Yogurt
- 10 to 15 henna leaves
- 200 ml Mustard oil
- One spoon Lemon juice or yogurt
In a bowl take mustard oil. Then add the henna leaves to the mustard oil and boil it till the leaves completely burn. Then chill the mixture and store it in a container. Use this oil regularly instead of regular oil. You can store this mixture for only a month. Add yogurt or lemon before use. Then wash off with water and mild shampoo.
Hair Conditioner packs with Henna
Henna is known well as a natural hair conditioner that helps to smoothen rough hair cuticles and provides healthy shine and luster to the hair strands.
This is also very helpful in keeping the hair straight and prevents hair from tangling. Henna helps in making frizzy hair manageable.
1. Henna, amla and hibiscus hair pack
An excellent DIY herbal hair conditioner for silky and smooth hair is Henna, amla and hibiscus hair pack. Every ingredient used in this hair pack are the ingredients which have been in use for ages to treat hair problems.
- 2 cups of Henna powder
- 1 cup amla powder
- Two tablespoon hibiscus flower powder
- Two tablespoon methi powder
- One tablespoon orange peel powder.
Mix all the above ingredients with curd before 2 hours of applying it to the hair. Then apply it on your hair and cover your hair with a plastic hair cap. Then rinse after an hour.
2. Henna, Green Tea, and Lemon pack
Green tea has various health benefits.It helps to condition the hair, prevents hair fall and prevents the DTH growth that causes hair fall. It softens hair strands and enhances the elasticity of hair to prevent breakage of the hair. Lemon on the other hand also helps to condition the hair.
- 2 cups of Henna
- 2 cups of Freshly brewed green tea
- Two tablespoons of Lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of Yoghurt
Soak henna powder in brewed green tea for 7 to 8 hours in an iron bowl.Then after 8 hours add lemon juice and yogurt to the mixture and mix well. Apply it on your hair. Leave for 3 hours. Then wash using water first and then use a mild shampoo.
Use this remedy every two weeks for best results. You can also add one beaten egg white instead of curd just before you apply the hair pack or if you do not like the smell of the egg then don’t alter the remedy.
Treating dandruff with henna
The most common scalp problems faced by people are dandruff and itchy scalp. Dandruff is caused due to excessive dryness of scalp and itchiness is the result of fungal infection.
1. Henna, Fenugreek and Curd pack
A natural hair pack for treating dandruff and itchy scalp is henna, fenugreek and curd hair pack. Lemon has acidic nature and the curd help in fighting fungus growth on the scalp.This pack helps to moisturize the scalp to prevent dryness.
- 1cup fenugreek seeds
- 2 cups Curd
- 1 cup Henna powder
- 1 Lemon
Soak fenugreek seeds in curd for 8 hours and then grind the mixture. Then mix one spoon of henna powder and add lemon juice to it. Apply it on your scalp. Rinse after 45 minutes of application.
Apply this hair pack once in a week. Then wash your hair with just cold water. Apply shampoo the next day.
2. Henna, Olive Oil and Egg White
When the scalp becomes dry, then this can result in dandruff. Olive oil gently moisturizes and nourishes the scalp. Egg white has a protein that is very important for hair.
- 2 cups Henna powder
- Two tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Egg white
Soak henna powder overnight in water. Then next morning add olive oil and egg white to the henna paste. Mix well to form a smooth paste. Apply the hair pack on the scalp and hair. Leave it for 2 hours. After 2 hours rinse well with water and then shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo.
Hair fall Pack using Henna
Every day when you comb your hair, you lose many hair strands. Normal hair fall is acceptable but beyond that, it indicates that you lack some nutrients in the diet.Excess hair fall could be a reason of hormonal changes, pollution or due to excess use of hair styling products. But henna also provides the solution to this problem.
1. Henna, amla powder and fenugreek pack
Amla and Methi both are used widely in Ayurveda and are a natural remedy for treating hair fall. Fenugreek is loaded with proteins that help in nourishing the hair follicles and prevents hair fall.
- 1 cup Amla powder
- Three spoons Mehendi powder
- Two spoons Fenugreek powder
- 1Egg white
Mix all the ingredients very well. And keep it aside for 1 hour. After 1 hour apply it on your hair and rinse after 45 minutes. Apply this hair pack once in a week. You will see the change within six weeks of regular application.
2. Henna, Coriander and Black Pepper
Henna is known popularly for hair benefits, but the coriander and black pepper benefits for hair are rarely known. But in reality, both coriander and black pepper are good for curing hair fall.
- Henna 2 cups
- Two tablespoons Coriander leaves
- One tablespoon Black Pepper corns
Soak henna powder for overnight in water. Crush coriander leaves so that it forms a thick paste and grind the peppercorns. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and apply it on the hair roots and hair strands. After 2 hours of application wash using water first and then use a mild shampoo.
Tips and Tricks:
- Henna can be used even after the hair is damaged due to the use of chemical crèmes. But you must wait for 45 to 60 days to apply henna or else it will not stick or give the desired results on colored hair.
- Henna also helps to prevent brittle hair and split ends.
- If you have extra severe scalp infection or extra dry hair, then avoid the usage of henna.
- Choose henna of a good brand only.
- You can identify good quality henna if it has a sweet smell and olive green color.
- Avoid using henna if it is in light green or gray color.
- If you want to be sure about the quality of henna, then I suggest you buy henna from a Rajasthani dealer or an authentic ayurvedic shop.
- For soaking henna use iron vessel only as it helps to oxidize the henna.
- If you wish to apply oil to your hair. Then you should be implemented at least before 1 hour of using henna.
- If at any point you think that henna does not suit your hair then you must cease to apply henna and start maintaining a healthy diet for healthy hair.
From this article, it must be clear till now that to solve all the hair problems henna is the best choice.There are many hair packs and oils based on henna which is essential in daily life to maintain a healthy hair.
If you have any suggestions or comments about the usage of henna.If you have ever tried any of these packs ever, then do share your experience with us.