Hemorrhoids often get better with over-counter products. Creams or ointments, when followed with appropriate lifestyle patterns, can show effective results.
They are a rescue when you suffer from inflammation and irritation in the anal area. Application of corticosteroid cream is the most common method of treating hemorrhoids.
Your presence here suggests your need. We know you are in search of hemorrhoid cream. Let me tell you; you are in the right place. In this article, you will find everything about hemorrhoid creams.
The market has several over the counter creams but, all of them are not equally effective. We have selected the creams after a lot of research and personal use. The creams are chosen based on their popularity among patients, nutrients composition and cost too.
Scroll down to get immediate relief from your hemorrhoids
1. Doctor Butler's Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment
Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment is the Amazon’s best selling hemorrhoid cream. It is one of the best over the counter medication for hemorrhoids.
The cream has organic herbs, minerals and amino acids for bio-enhanced healing. It also has active ingredients like Lidocaine USP 4.0% and Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%.
The formulation together gives an antimicrobial effect to heal the condition from inside. The cream is odorless and colorless. You have to use it for external and intrarectal use only.
Doctor Butler’s cream is manufactured in the USA under rigorous quality controls. Moreover, it is developed by a Board-Certified Proctologist. Thus, you can get really on it completely to get desirable results.
We would suggest you give this a try to soothe your hemorrhoids.
Things We Like
2. Preparation H Anti-Itch Treatment Cream
Preparation H anti-itch treatment cream is another best over the counter topical treatment for hemorrhoids. The cream is prescribed by various health professionals and rectal surgeons. It is used for decades to relive the hemorrhoid signs and symptoms.
The formulation contains Hydrocortisone 1% which is the highest strength itch relief formula. It also has mineral oils and several inactive ingredients to provide a soothing effect.
It’s completely odorless. You can apply it externally 4-5 times a day or whenever needed to relieve your hemorrhoids. If you have mild to moderate hemorrhoids, give this cream a try.
Things We Like
3. Hemorrhoid Treatment Cream
HemoTreat hemorrhoid treatment cream is an herbal treatment for your hemorrhoids. The ingredients of the ointment are camphor, eucalyptus oil, lanolin, calcium carbonate, petroleum jelly, and adeps suillus.
The active ingredients of the ointment are clinically tested for its tolerance and its ability to relieve and prevent the recurrence of hemorrhoids.
The lotion works best for treating the underlying symptoms. You can use it along with your medications without a second thought. Additionally, it comes with an applicator for both external and internal use.
If you believe in natural herbal products, this can be a good option.
Things We Like
4. Emuaid MAX© - Natural, Pain Relief Ointment
Emuaid MAX is a topical symptomatic relief ointment. The ointment can relieve any kind of body pain. It is safe to use for hemorrhoids as well. Thousands of users have suggested this product for ultimate relief.
The company says it can treat over 75 Severe Skin conditions. It falls under homeopathic ointment category. The ingredients of the ointment are 2x Bacillus Ferment, 10x MORE Tea Tree Oil, and 50x Vitamin E.
The formula is potent to give you immediate relief from pain and inflammation. On the whole, it is an excellent product. It will surely work well to relief your hemorrhoids.
Things We Like
5. H-Hemorrhoids Relief (11ml)
H-hemorrhoid is a natural oil for treating your hemorrhoid. You have to use like you use a cream. It’s a high-quality natural product.
H-Hemorrhoids Formula is a breakthrough in all the natural hemorrhoid treatment. It does not contain any additives. It’s entirely a purely natural formula.
Natural herbal ingredients function on the vascular engorgement associated with hemorrhoids. It relieves the engorgement and inflammation of the rectum. Reduction in swelling provides you relief from discomfort and shrinkage of the hemorrhoidal veins.
The product has an oil consistency. You can use it both internally and externally.The company gives a 90-day money-back guarantee upon dissatisfaction.
Things We Like
Things To Consider While Buying Hemorrhoid Pillow
A hemorrhoid cream should be chosen with utmost care. There are innumerable options, but all don’t provide the same results.
The results vary due to their quality and composition. A right cream will give you favorable results.
Below, I have listed some of the factors you should look for when buying a hemorrhoid cream.
1. Active Ingredients of the cream
The ingredients are to be chosen about your discomfort level. Some creams are for reducing itching, some for cutting dryness, and some for relieving pain. Purchase cream that suffices your needs.
The cream having Hydrocortisone formula works best for itching. The one that has mineral oil and zinc oxide decrements dryness. The other one that has benzocaine or pramoxine relieves pain and soreness.
There are creams which have a blend of the two or three active ingredients. Purchasing the blends is also a good option.
The creams provide temporary relief. Look for the cream that is going to cool your anal area. The cream that has a soothing ingredient offers optimum ease and comfort.
3. The consistency of the cream
The cream comes in a range of viscosity. They can be thick, semi-fluid, thin lotions or greasy gels. You can choose the consistency of the cream depending on your need.
However, selecting a rich cream is a good option as it stays in place. Dab a little powder after application to keep the cream in place.
How Will The Hemorrhoid Cream Benefit You?
The cream is a temporary solution. It won’t eliminate hemorrhoids from root but, it is sure to provide instant long-term relive to your hemorrhoids. Below, I have written the prime benefits of the hemorrhoid creams:
- The cream reduces the inflammation and tenderness in and around the anus.
- It reduces the discomfort and irritation caused during a bowel movement.
- Bleeding is reduced and thus prevents the blood loss.
- They relive the pain and itchiness occurring in and around the anal area.
- The cream shrink hemorrhoid to a certain level. Thus, they reduce the severity level.
- They soothe the anal area.
- They can be a permanent treatment for the mild to moderate hemorrhoid. However, for chronic hemorrhoid, they may work very efficiently.
How To Use A Hemorrhoid Cream?
Proper and timely application is the key to eliminate your discomfort. The creams can be used both for internal and external purposes.
You should follow a series of steps when applying a hemorrhoid cream. They are as follows:
- When applying externally, clean the affected area with water and mild soap. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Next, use a thin layer in and around the affected area. Rub the cream gently.
- When applying internally, an applicator (comes with the cream) is used. Fill the medication into the applicator tip from the tube. The tube resembles an injection. You have to fill the cream in the same pattern as you fill in an injection. Slowly insert the applicator tip inside the anus and then push the injector. Pushing the injector releases the cream inside the anus. Be cautious don’t insert the applicator tip/nozzle to more than 1/2 to 1 inch into the anus. It is to avoid contamination.
- Wash your hands after applying the creams.
- Follow the procedure at least 2 to 4 times daily. You should do it preferably after bowel. Don’t overuse the product.
- For achieving an optimal result, use the cream regularly.
Hemorrhoid creams are an absolute blessing for hemorrhoid sufferers. Not only they work to relieve your symptoms but slowly and gradually can cure your hemorrhoids too.
The products mentioned above have given promising results to many of its users. On top of it, they are side-effect free.
If you are someone suffering from the same issues, choose any product from the above category for optimal comfort and relief.