When we hear about garlic, all we can think of is how the addition of garlic makes food tasty. Some people think about the nasty smell it serves. But have you ever thought how a normal kitchen ingredient could be beneficial to your skin?
No? Then you are at here at the right place to know about the amazing way garlic can help our skin.
We all love a healthy skin, don’t we? Wouldn’t it be so great if we can find it easy just to find a real cheap way to maintain it? Well here is just the solution you need.
Table of Contents
Is Eating Raw Garlic Good For Your Skin?
Garlic is a closely associated species of onion which is native to Central Asia. It mainly consists of Vitamin B6 and C and dietary minerals such as manganese, phosphorus, calcium, iron, and zinc. It also contains various antioxidants.
How Is It Useful?
Garlic is known for being a flavoring agent and a medicinal aid since time unknown and is also commonly referred to as the “wonder drug.”
Garlic contains antioxidants which are good for your skin. It regenerates your skin and helps in the growth of new cells and is responsible for a distinct glow. It also contains flavonoids and iron which is good for heart and blood pressure.
Garlic contains starch and mucilage which fastens up the maturation of your pimples and acne and is very effective to minimize them pretty fast.
It strengthens kidney which in turn help in flushing out all the harmful toxins stored in our body and brings back the young and smooth skin which we all die for.
It also fights against inflammation and bacterial infections which help in reducing acne.
It contains a special chemical known as Allicin which is responsible for its characteristic pungent smell. It doesn’t only give garlic its smell but also believed to have anti-bacterial properties because it contains active sulfur.
There Are Various Other Benefits Of Garlic
- Skin ulcers
- Dry and flaky skin problems
- Fungal infections
- For acne breakouts
I am sure after learning about all these awesome health benefits of garlic you are very eager to know about how to use them. Let’s find out!
Home Remedies For Treating Skin Problems With Garlic
1. For General Treatment Internally
- Crush a garlic clove and take it on an empty stomach with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Immediately drink a glass of lemon water without sugar or honey.
- To combat the smell, you can do the same process at night before going to bed.
- This will help remove toxins and exfoliate your skin.
- You can crush a young garlic clove with olive oil and apply on the affected area.
- For dandruff, you can use coconut oil instead of olive oil
- For excessive inflammation, add aloe gel with the above paste to give a soothing effect.
- Do not forget to moisturize your face after washing the paste thoroughly with mildly warm water
3. For Pimples
- Wash your face with water.
- Prepare a paste of garlic and apply it without filtering on the pimple for a few minutes.
- Wash it with mineral water to avoid contamination.
- Apply aloe gel to soothe your skin and for exfoliation.
- Do this preferably during night time.
There are various home remedies which are applicable for acne. They are:
- Crush the garlic cloves very finely.
- Apply it on the affected area for sometimes and remove it.
- If it starts to sting you should immediately wash with cold water and pat with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer to keep skin hydrated. This process should be repeated on a regular basis.
- You can include eating raw garlic in your diet but avoid too much garlic as it might overheat your body.
B)Garlic Cloves In Water
- Extract juice of 3 garlic cloves.
- Add a cup of water to it and stir for 10-12 minutes.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply on the affected area.
- Wash it off when it dries off completely.
- Apply moisturizer and repeat daily.
C)Garlic Cloves In Aloe Vera
- Mix equal amount of garlic juice and aloe vera gel and apply on the affected skin.
- Let it dry and wash it off.
- Should be done regularly.
D)Garlic With Yoghurt
- Extract garlic juice and add a spoonful of yogurt.
- Apply it evenly on the affected part of your face and allow it to dry.
- Wash it off and then put it to dry.
- Repeat every day.
E)Garlic With Vinegar
- Extract juice from garlic and apply one tablespoon of vinegar.
- Soak a cotton ball in the above solution and apply on face.
- Let it dry and after 5-10 mins wash with mildly warm water.
F)Garlic With Honey And Turmeric
- Crush few garlic cloves.
- Add three teaspoons of honey and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and stir well.
- Apply this paste on the acne areas of the skin.
- Let it sit for few minutes and let it dry completely.
- Wash it off with water and pat the skin dry with soft cloth.
- Regularise this process.
As garlic has a property to reduce toxins, it helps to remove accumulated body waste and helps to bring a shine to your skin.
You can eat one clove daily with your normal food.
You can use honey and olive oil for the removal of ugly acne scars. The process is as follows:
- Wash the face with mild face wash and lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Grate some garlic cloves and mix with water.
- Apply this on the acne affected areas of the skin.
- Massage it gently for a few minutes before washing with warm water.
- The garlic exfoliates the dead skin cells and removes the top layer of the scarred tissues.
It also removes any bacteria or oil in the skin. Do not leave the garlic on the skin for longer than 7 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
- Crush two more garlic cloves and add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix well and apply on the acne affected skin areas.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes before washing off with warm water. Be sure to wash it immediately if you get a stinging sensation.
- Apply aloe vera to help not to aggravate the acne while moisturizing and to get some hydration back.
6.For Blackheads And Whiteheads
- Crush some garlic cloves
- Add oatmeal, tree tea oil, and lemon juice.
- Mix the above ingredients with honey to make a thick paste
- Apply on the skin and let it stay for some time.
- Massage it gently and wash with warm water.
- You can turn this gentle mask into a scrub if you add flour and turmeric into the above mixture.
There are various garlic oil pills available for anti-aging and skin lightening treatment. You can use these pills as garlic supplements if you don’t like the pungent smell of garlic. The smell of garlic can also be tackled by using rose water.
- Do not over eat garlic as it may cause overheating inside your body
- Avoid junk food to aid garlic in showing better results.
- If you have started with some treatment from the above list be sure that you do not have any allergy to that particular ingredient.
- Be very firm in the repetition of your treatment. Do not skip to useful results.
- If you have any hereditary and severe skin problems, I would recommend you to visit a doctor before you follow any of the home remedies.
DO NOT FORGET THE BEST FOUNDATION THAT YOU CAN WEAR IS A GLOWING HEALTHY SKIN!