Uncover the health benefits of coconut oil & coconut butter in this article.I am sure you will be amazed to know them all.
Our Nature is incredibly noble in the way it provides – a plume of fruits and vegetables rich in minerals, vitamins to nourish our body for a long healthy life.
One fruit in particular – The Coconut – is so abundant that it’s referred to as “the tree of life. The coconut is a “functional food” rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber – the vital nutritional building blocks for perfect health.
One of important essence of Coconut is Coconut Oil, well known as Copra oil is an edible oil extracted from the meat of matured coconuts that are harvested from the coconut tree.
- Health Benefits of Using Coconut Oil:
- How To Store Coconut Oil?
- Coconut Butter V/S Coconut Oil:
- Benefits of Coconut Butter:
- What are Uses of Coconut Butter?
- 1.Drizzle Coconut Butter On Fresh Fruit:
- 2.Make an Egg-Free Mayonnaise:
- 3.Spread It On Pancakes:
- 4. Make Flourless Pancakes With Coconut Butter:
- 5.Use Coconut Butter As A Dairy Free Coffee Creamer:
- 6.Make An Instant Creamy Tomato Sauce:
- 7.Make Magic Shell Chocolate Coating:
- 8.Prepare Dairy Free Hot Cocoa In A Pinch:
- 9.Add Coconut Butter To A Stir-Fry:
- 10.Add It To Oatmeal Or Porridge:
- 11.Make 5-Ingredient Coconut Flour Bread:
- 12.Make Coconut Berry Bites:
- 13.Make Customized Coconut Butter Cups:
Health Benefits of Using Coconut Oil:
A. When Taken Internally:
- Cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil is high is lauric acid and medium chained fatty acid that boosts metabolism and can aid in weight loss.
- Fantastic for the brain health and has been studied for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Coconut oil has a high smoking point and therefore is a great cooking and baking oil.
- Due to the high smoking point, this oil is ideal for deep frying.
- It can manage your blood sugar by improving insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
- It can give you an immediate energy boost after consumption. You can add it to tea, coffee, etc.
- Combined with poppy seeds, coconut oil can help improve sleep when consumed regularly.
- Lauric acid in the oil can also get rid of intestinal parasites, tapeworms, etc.
- Destroys viruses that cause measles, hepatitis C, influenza etc.
- Kills bacteria that cause throat infections, ulcers, urinary tract infection, bleeding gums, etc.
- The anti-fungal properties can get rid of yeast, ringworm, athlete’s foot and other fungal diseases.
- When added with hot herbal tea (such as ginger) it can help sooth a sore throat.
- Coconut oil can lubricate the colon if taken raw and relieve from constipation.
- It is a beneficial fat for the body that also increases the absorption of fat soluble vitamins.
- Coconut oil is used and applied externally as a wound healer.
- It also helps to better absorb calcium and magnesium in the body.
- Coconut oil can harmonize and restore our hormones.
- Coconut oil is also known to reduce allergy symptoms.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil can increase the blood concentration of ketone bodies which can result in reducing seizures.
- Coconut oil helps reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering bad cholesterol in the body.
- You can use it in exchange for butter in any vegan recipes.
B. When Applied Externally:
- You can use it as a replacement for lotion. If you have Pitta Dosha, this oil is highly helpful for you as it is cooling oil.
- You can make lotion bars, deodorant, and soaps using coconut oil. Coconut oil can be incomparable massage oil typically, for Pitta Dosha.
- I use coconut oil as a face moisturizer.
- Coconut oil is not only a moisturizer but a capable natural cleanser. You can cleanse your skin with oil to get rid of dirt and dead skin.
- Coconut oil can repair dry, flaky skin and improve skin elasticity.
- Coconut oil also is an excellent eye make-up remover.
- Regular coconut oil massage can ease acne, eczema, cellulite and stretch marks.
- It can also dim down the age spots if you apply regularly.
- Coconut oil has a natural SPF and can prevent sun burning.
- You can also use it for diaper rash.
- Replace your baby lotion with coconut oil.
- Coconut oil is extremely beneficial for sore nipples of new mothers after break feeding their child.
- It can help sooth itchy skin.
- I have grown up in a family where coconut oil is regularly applied to strengthen hair.
- Coconut oil is used to get rid of dandruff.
- Combining coconut oil with apple cider vinegar and peppermint oil can get rid of head lice.
- Coconut oil can be used for oil pulling to promote oral health.
- It can also benefit as teeth whitening.
- Coconut oil can also stimulate hair growth when massaged into the scalp daily.
- Applied on skin it can get rid of nail fungus etc.
- Coconut oil can also relieve from UTI pain applied externally.
- It can also be applied as a natural lubricant for both men and women.
- Men can use coconut oil instead of shaving cream or lotion.
- Coconut oil can be applied inside your nose or ear to avoid infections and reduce seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Can be applied after tattooing your skin to reduce inflammation.
- You can make homemade mascara and various other beauty products from coconut oil.
Uses of Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil can be used to ripen cast iron sheets.
- It can used to condition wooden chopping board and spoons.
- Coconut oil can be used to polish metals and stainless steel utensils.
- It can polish leather made products and shoes.
- It can lubricate bicycle chains, guitar strings, loosened glued items, etc .
- Can remove chewing gum from carpet, hair or other fabrics.
- Coconut oil can clean wooden surface and leave a shine.
- Can remove stubborn stain and clean surfaces in kitchen and bathroom.
- Coconut oil can be used to clean mascara brushes and cream/lotion containers.
How To Store Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is greatly suitable and perfectly stable for shelf or pantry storage for up to 2-3 years. Depending on the surroundings and the particular season, this means it is either a liquid or a solid.
You can stock coconut oil in the refrigerator, but it will be tougher to utilize. Pantry storage is ultimate for widening and scooping; transitioning between a solid and liquid state multiple times does not affect the quality or shorten coconut oil’s shelf life.
You’ve probably catch about the marvels of Coconut Oil by now – this beloved fat has swept the natural health trade, as the nutritionists speak of its many healthful properties.
If you fond of coconut oil too, it won’t be compact to convince you to give Coconut Butter a try! Let me introduce you to the deliciousness that is coconut butter, its benefits, and ways you can use it.
Coconut Butter V/S Coconut Oil:
Coconut Butter includes the meat or flesh of the coconut, whereas coconut oil doesn’t have. It is substantially the pulverized coconut meat and has a bulky and even texture. It is about 60% oil.
Because Coconut Butter includes the whole coconut flesh, it has nourished components that the oil alone doesn’t. When you eat coconut butter, you’re obtaining protein, additional vitamins and minerals, and most notably the fibers.
Benefits of Coconut Butter:
- Supports thyroid and metabolism function of the body
- It can also be used in making ice creams and icings for cakes.
- Contains all the benefits of coconut oil and can be used as a butter substitute for bread and toast.
- Coconut butter calms over stimulated nerves and aids anxiety.
- It strengthens the liver.
- Coconut butter can be applied on the face as a moisturizer.
What are Uses of Coconut Butter?
1.Drizzle Coconut Butter On Fresh Fruit:
Drizzled over fresh fruit – pineapple is excellent – with a tiny sprinkle of salt to bring out the sweetness. It creates a delightfully crunchy compliment to the fresh fruit.
2.Make an Egg-Free Mayonnaise:
Make Egg-Free Mayonnaise recipe that uses coconut butter and olive oil to replicate the thick, creamy texture of mayonnaise.
3.Spread It On Pancakes:
Just like you would spread nut butter on your pancakes (like these delectable coconut flour pancakes), give it a try with coconut butter. All the healthy fats in the coconut butter will fill you up and assist balance your blood sugar level too.
4. Make Flourless Pancakes With Coconut Butter:
If you are obsessed with coconut butter, you can roll it on coconut butter pancakes.
5.Use Coconut Butter As A Dairy Free Coffee Creamer:
It is an easy solution for a dairy-free coffee creamer.
Just blend a spoonful of coconut butter into your hot coffee or tea! The slightly sweet, coconut flavor compliments coffee as well as herbal tea.
6.Make An Instant Creamy Tomato Sauce:
Coconut butter also creates a dairy-free creamy tomato sauce in an instant. Take a cup of hot tomato pasta sauce and add around two tablespoons of coconut butter to create a creamy tomato sauce.
7.Make Magic Shell Chocolate Coating:
To make a healthy two-ingredient alternative to Magic Shell that liquid chocolate syrup that hardens into a crunchy topping when poured over ice cream you need only coconut butter and cocoa chips.
8.Prepare Dairy Free Hot Cocoa In A Pinch:
For a healthy hot cocoa, reach for coconut butter. To 3/4 cup hot water, add a piling tablespoon of coconut butter, a little spoon full of cocoa powder and a small spoonful of liquid sweetener such as raw honey.
9.Add Coconut Butter To A Stir-Fry:
For a creamy, coconut-flavored sauce, add coconut butter to your blend browned veggies or meat.
10.Add It To Oatmeal Or Porridge:
If you enjoy hot cereal such as porridge or oatmeal, add a spoon full of coconut butter to add richness.
11.Make 5-Ingredient Coconut Flour Bread:
Just like coconut butter can replace flour in that pancake recipe; it can also replace flour in a simple, quick bread.
12.Make Coconut Berry Bites:
Only sink berries into softened coconut butter, and then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze.
13.Make Customized Coconut Butter Cups:
Last but never the least; Coconut Butter Cups are perhaps the most adaptable treat you can whip up with coconut butter. These tastes like little fudge bites – they are solid but melt in your mouth.
As we see not only these 13 recipes but also there are numerous methods that the Coconut Butter has tasteful existence.