Sunspots are the marks occurred due to the frequent exposure of the skin to the Sun.
You can easily get rid of sunspots on the face and skin by using some of the effective natural home remedies.
They are a bit lighter or darker than your natural skin tone.
Exposure of the skin to the sun is the most common concern for everyone. It is very essential to protect your skin from the harmful effects of sun rays.
It is not always feasible to restrict yourself from going out. So, It is important that we know the effect of sun rays and remedies to remove those effects from your skin.
One such common problem is Sunspots. There are so many people who suffer from sunspots on their skin.
Are you one among them? If yes, then there is a necessity to understand what sunspots really are.
Sunspots are the marks occurred due to the frequent exposure of the skin to the Sun. They are a bit lighter or darker than your natural skin tone.
They have different shapes. Mostly, these spots can be seen on the exposed areas of the skin like the neck, arms, back of hands, and many parts of the face.
They look like blisters on the skin. Sunspots occur at any age and are usually not very harmful but should be taken care of. Sunspots are not same as freckles though they may appear similar.
Freckles commonly occur on the skin of fair complexion.It can happen due to many reasons like genetics, increased the concentration of melanin due to sun rays which cause the dark spots.
- Causes of Sunspots:
- How To Prevent Sunspots:
- How To Get Rid Of Sunspots On Face Using Home Remedies
- Foods to remove sunspots:
- Other Remedies:
Causes of Sunspots:
Though Sunspots are caused mainly due to the exposure to harmful sun’s UV rays, there are many other reasons which may lead to sunspots. They are:
- People who have light complexion are more prone to sunspots.
- People who are allergic or sensitive to the sun are more likely to get these spots on their skin when exposed for any period of time.
- People with increased concentration of melanin in their body are more prone to sunspots.
- Sunspots are also caused due to sunburns and tanning.
- Aging, genetics, and vitamin deficiencies also cause sunspots.
- Pregnancy, stress and poor functioning of the liver may also be the reason.
When skin is exposed to the harmful sun rays, they damage your skin and causes premature aging. They burn your skin.
Sunspots are one of its effects. Sunspots are also called as Brown or Dark Spots or Solar lentigines.
After knowing the causes of sunspots, it is necessary to know how to prevent the occurring of sunspots in the first case.
Skin care is very essential for everyone. It is not that easy to maintain a healthy and beautiful looking skin though everyone wants it.
It is important to take necessary precautions to protect and maintain your skin.
How To Prevent Sunspots:
- The main reason for the cause of sunspots is the frequent exposure of skin to sun’s harmful rays.So the first and the most important thing to do is to protect your skin from those rays. Try to cover the regularly exposed parts of your skin with scarves, gloves while driving, full sleeves clothes, umbrella etc.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen whenever you go out into the sun. Use a sunscreen which has an SPF more than 30 during hot season and SPF of at least 15 during regular season. Better quality provides better protection. Sunscreen with zinc oxide in it can be the best choice.
- Avoid tanning your skin, to prevent those sunspots.
- Sitting in the car during day times for long periods may also cause exposure of the skin to harmful UV rays. This can be avoided by providing the anti-UV coating to the windows of your car.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated which reduces the tendency of sunspots.
- Consume fruits and liquids like watermelon, coconut water, and cucumbers which hydrate your body and skin.
- Apply a moisturizer on your skin. Use moisturizers with vitamin E extracts.
- Do not leave your sunspots dry. Moisturize them properly.
- Apply ice or cooling agents on your sunspots to reduce the effect. It regulates blood circulation and help in lightening the sunspots.
- Oil massage your skin with almond or olive oil to remove sun tan and sun burns.
How To Get Rid Of Sunspots On Face Using Home Remedies
Spots on your skin can sometimes be harmful. The first and the best thing you can do is to consult a Dermatologist. You can follow these amazing natural remedies to remove those sunspots.
1.Turmeric powder with honey:
Make a paste of turmeric powder and honey and apply it on your affected areas of the skin. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse with cold water. This helps in lightening the spots and also brings a glow to your skin. Try this two times a week.
Apply the paste or juice of onion over the spots. You can also use the onion directly to rub over the affected areas. Apply the juice directly or mix it with honey. Leave it on your skin for 15 minutes.
Onions are acidic in nature and act like bleaching agents which will help in lightening the spots. You can do this for 2-3 times in a day.
3. Aloe vera:
Aloe Vera has a healing nature. It will help to get rid of these spots and gives you a healthy glowing skin. It moisturizes the skin and repairs the skin cells. Applying aloe Vera gel on the sunspots helps in lightening them.
Apply the gel for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water. It is recommended to use this remedy twice a day. You can also use a good quality herbal cream with aloe vera extracts for this purpose.
It is recommended to use this remedy twice a day. You can also use a good quality herbal cream with aloe vera extracts for this purpose.
Papaya has enzymes which exfoliate the skin and reduce the skin problems. It gives a brighter and clean skin.
Apply the paste of papaya on the sunspots and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. You can do this twice a day. You can mix papaya with
You can do this twice a day. You can mix papaya with strawberry and tomato paste which is also the best remedy to fade away those sunspots.
5. Lemon or Orange:
Lemon or orange juice act as bleaching agents which help in lightening the spots and making the skin fairer. Mix lemon juice with honey and apply it on the spots.
It will help to moisturize your skin and remove the spots. You can do this daily. Lemon juice mixed with sugar can be used as a scrub.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is a very good remedy for many skin problems. It is applied on the spots to make them fade away. It is mixed with honey or lemon juice also.
Apply it and rinse with water after it gets completely dry. You can use this daily and it helps in making the skin fairer.
Potatoes brighten the skin. Rub a slice of potato on the sunspots to lighten them.
Potato paste or juice can also be applied and left for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cold water after that.
8. Almond oil, Castor oil, Olive oil and Coconut oil
Almond oil, Castor oil, Olive oil and Coconut oil have healing nature and they help in lightening and gradually removing the sunspots.
Apply any of the oil with cotton and massage on the affected areas. Leave it for few hours and rinse with water. It is recommended to use two times a day.
Cucumber is cut into slices and placed on the skin over the sunspot for 15-20 minutes daily. This helps in the lightening of the spots and also helps in moisturizing the skin.
Buttermilk is applied with cotton over the sunspots and is left for few minutes before washing.
It contains lactic acid which exfoliates and clears the impurities. It is also mixed with lemon or tomato juice in case you have an oily skin. This can be done once or twice daily.
Avocado helps in making the skin soft and flawless. Apply the paste of avocado on the sunspots and let it remain for 15-20 minutes. Try this everyday for better results.
12. Green Tea:
Green tea has antioxidants which act as healing agents. A green tea bag after boiling in water is squashed and the juice is extracted.
This juice is applied on the sunspots with cotton and massaged properly. This can be applied twice daily.
This helps in removing the sunspots as it is antiseptic and used for anti-aging.
Sandalwood powder is mixed with water or rose water or lemon juice and is applied on the affected areas. Wash it after it completely dries off. Use this remedy for 2-3 times a week.
14. Milk cream:
It has enzymes which moisturize and nourish the skin. Milk cream is applied over the skin and left for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and repeat this two times a day.
It acts as a bleaching agent for skin.It helps in the lightening of sun spots and moisturizing the skin. It is applied directly or mixed with lemon juice.
Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water. It can also be left overnight.
Foods to remove sunspots:
1. Green vegetables:
They contain vitamin B and vitamin E which will help to improve your skin. They are rich in fiber. Try to include more amounts of raw green vegetables in your diet.
2. Tuna Fish:
It has rich fatty acids which will help in repairing the damaged skin. It prevents occurring of sunspots. It maintains the health of your skin.
3. Green Tea:
As you know green tea has amazing health benefits, it also helps in reducing the sunspots on your skin. It reduces aging and gives a glow to your skin. It is rich in antioxidants.
They are rich sources of vitamin C. Include them in your diet to reduce the effect of harmful rays on your skin. Vitamin C helps in reducing the skin damage and also removes the dead cells.
- Also include tomatoes, lemon, and grapes in your diet.
- Skin lightening creams with Vitamin C and antioxidants helps in lightening the sunspots and also result in a fair and glowing skin. They might reduce all kinds of skin marks and scars also.
- We have many cosmetic procedures like laser therapy, cryotherapy etc. which might result in complete removal of sunspots from your skin. You strongly need to take a suggestion from a dermatologist before you proceed. These methods are costly.
- Laser therapy is done by removing layers of affected skin through powerful laser rays. It takes time for the skin to recover after this treatment.
- In cryotherapy, the chemical used is liquid nitrogen. It is applied on the sunspots. In a few weeks, you will be able to see your skin spotless.
- Chemical peels and drugs are used to remove sunspots. Facial or Chemical peels help in removing the outer layer of the damaged skin or darkened layers of skin. This promotes the regeneration of skin cells. This helps in removal of sunspots from your skin.
- Hydroquinone is used to lighten the sunspots. It acts as a bleaching agent.
Some of the above remedies may make your skin very sensitive to the sun after applying. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun.
People with sensitive skin or allergic to some of the above products should take extra care while using them. Always try to protect your skin and maintain your skin healthy.
While following the above remedies, results cannot be seen overnight.
To get satisfactory results you need to follow the remedies at least for a few weeks and you will start noticing the change.