If you have to reduce weight in a week, then you must go for GM diet plan to lose weight in 7 days.
GM diet plan is a very effective way to lose weight fast. Are you interested in knowing about the details of GM diet plan? If yes, scroll down.
In this article, a whole lot of information about GM diet plan, it benefits, and the GM diet chart is explained in detail. Not only this we have also made up a grocery list to further ease your diet shopping. GM diet helps in losing weight with more ease relevant to other weight loss programs. Now, let me you more about GM diet plan.
What Is GM Diet Plan?
You must be wondering what GM diet plan actually is? General Motors were a concern for their employee’s health. To avoid weight gain and provide better diet they developed this diet plan.
They also developed this diet plan to help their employees in losing weight. Thereafter, this diet plan is named as GM diet plan.
GM has collaborated on a diet plan to both FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION and the US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. And it was first tested at JOHNS HOPKINS RESEARCH CENTER in 1985.
About 2 Versions Of GM Diet Plan:
When GM diet plan was developed it only had an original version. But, due to its popularity and effectiveness, the diet plan was amplified in 2 versions.
A.Vegetarian GM Diet Plan
B.Original GM Diet Plan
Isn’t interesting? You can now choose the diet according to your taste and habit. Furthermore, you can add or avoid food items which you don’t like. And you will able to lose weight in 7 days.
Now let we shall read about these diet plans one by one.
A.Vegetarian GM Diet Plan
First of all, we will talk about vegetarian GM diet plan. This diet plan is for 7 days. It includes fruits, starch, and vegetables. You have to avoid drinking alcohol while you are following this diet plan.
Because alcohol increases uric acid in your body, which in turn lead to water retention. Furthermore, it limits the natural detoxifying process to take place in your body.
Moreover, you have to drink 8-10 glasses of water in a day. It will provide you extra energy and will also improve metabolic rate of your body. It will also help in flush out toxins from your body.
Day 1- Fruit Day
To start with the first day you may be little nervous. But take a deep breath and let’s start. This day is your fruit day. On this day you will eat only fruits. You can take all fruits except bananas, mangoes, litchi, and grapes.
You can eat as much you want. There is no restriction on the quantity you intake. Prefer lime, watermelon, oranges, pomegranates, melons, strawberries and apples on this day.
You can go for salad but you don’t have to add any extra thing on your fruit salad. Furthermore, if you eat only melons on this day then you can lose 3 pounds on this first day.
Day 1 Diet Plan Chart
- Breakfast at 8:30 AM with a glass of water and 1 medium-sized apple.
- Mid-Morning Snack at 10:30 AM. Take one bowl of cantaloupes and a glass of water.
- Lunch at 12:00 Noon. You can take 2 large slices of watermelon and 2 glasses of water.
- Afternoon Snack at 4.00 PM. Take an orange and a glass of water.
- Evening Snack at 6.30 PM. Take 1 pear and a glass of water.
- Dinner at 8.00 PM. Take 1/2 grapefruit, 1 guava, and 2 glasses of water.
DAY 2- Veggies Day
DAY 2- Veggies Day
You will eat only vegetables on this whole day either raw or boiled. You can start your day with a baked potato with a pat of butter. This will provide you necessary energy for the whole day.
Choose vegetables according to your taste.Take only 1 potato this day.
You can add a pinch of basil and oregano seasoning to make vegetables taste better. This day will provide necessary nutrients and fibres to your body. This is a no-calorie day.
Day 2 Diet Plan Chart
- Breakfast at 8.30 AM: Take 1 medium-sized boiled potato with a pat of 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Mid-Morning Snack at 10.30 AM: Lettuce and 1 bowl of cabbage. Thereafter take a glass of water
- Lunch at 12.00 Noon: Take 1 onion, 1 cucumber, 1/2 carrot, and 2 glasses of water.
- Afternoon Snack at 4.00 PM: Take 1/2 cup of sliced bell pepper and 1 cup of boiled broccoli. And also 2 glasses of water.
- Evening Snack at 6.30 PM: Intake only 1 cup of boiled cauliflower and a glass of water.
- Dinner at 8.00 PM: Prefer mixed boiled broccoli carrot, green beans, and beet with 2 glasses of water.
Day 3- Fruits And Vegetables
GM Diet plan Day3
You will eat a combination of what you were eating for last two days. But avoid having a potato on this day.
You can eat as much as you want.You will start losing excess fat of your body from this day. So keep going.
Day 3 Diet Plan Chart
- Breakfast at 8.30 AM: Take 1 apple or 1 bowl of cantaloupe and 2 glasses of water.
- Mid-Morning Snack at 10.30 AM: Take a cup of sliced pineapples, 1 pear, and 2 glasses of water.
- Lunch at 12.00 Noon: Take 1 bowl of mixed onions, cucumber, lettuce, carrots with 2 glasses of water.
- Afternoon Snack at 4.00 PM: Take 1/2 grapefruit or 1 orange and a glass of water.
- Evening Snack at 6.30 PM: Take only 1 guava or 1 pear.
- Dinner at 8.00 PM: Take 1 bowl of boiled broccoli, 1/2 cup boiled raw papaya. And also 1/2 boiled beet, and 2 glasses of water.
Day 4- Banana Day
GM Diet Day 4- Banana Day
Now on this day, you can eat about 6 bananas. And along with it, you can drink 4 glasses of milk. They both will provide necessary sodium and potassium to your body.
You can also have a soup this day. The ingredients of soup will be onions, garlic, capsicum, and tomatoes.This soup is nutritious and helps you in weight loss. Moreover, you can have this soup only once in the whole day.
Day 4 Diet Plan Chart
- Breakfast at 8.30 AM: With 2 bananas, and a glass of milk.
- Mid-Morning Snack at 10.30 AM: You can take banana shake prepared with 1 glass of milk and 1banana.
- Lunch at 12.00 Noon: Prepare 1 bowl of vegetable soup with carrots cabbage, and onions.
- Afternoon Snack at 4.00 PM: Again take a banana shake prepared with a glass of milk and 1banana.
- Dinner at 8.00 PM: Take 1 glass of milk and 2 bananas.
Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water in the whole day.
Day 5- Protein Day
Diet of this day will provide necessary proteins for your body.The food items that you will eat on this day are rich in proteins. These are sprouts, tomatoes and cottage cheese. You can also have soya chunks in your diet for this day.Also, make soup of above ingredients and have it.
You can have 6 tomatoes and also you should drink more water on this day.Water will help you in flushing out toxins from your body. Tomatoes will provide fibre and help in the digestion.
Day 5 Diet Plan Chart
- Breakfast at 8.30 AM: Take a bowl of boiled red kidney beans, 2 tomatoes, lemon, and pepper. And also 2 glasses of water.
- Mid-Morning Snack at 10.30 AM: Take 2 glasses of water with a cup of curd or tofu.
- Lunch at 12.00 Noon: You can take 2 tomatoes, a cup of cooked Brown Rice, palak paneer. And also 2 glasses of water.
- Afternoon Snack at 4.30 PM: Take sprouts salad with lemon juice, onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. And also take 2 glasses of water.
- Dinner at 8.00 PM: Take vegetable soup, light Curry prepared from Soy Chunks. Cucumber and tomato salad prepared from 2 tomatoes, and 1cucumber. And 2 glasses of water.
Day 6- No Tomato This Day
Day 6- No Tomato This Day
You can eat cottage cheese and sprouts and other vegetables on this day. But, you have to avoid tomatoes on this day. Apart from tomato, you can have whatever vegetable you want.
You can have soup on this day. This day is like day 5 with no tomatoes.You will get necessary fibre and vitamins for your body from the vegetables.
Day 6 Diet Plan Chart
- Breakfast at 8.30 AM: 1 cup of mixed boiled vegetables and 2 glasses of water.
- Mid-Morning Snack at 10.30 AM: Take 1/2 bowl of boiled red kidney beans. Along with 1 tomato seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. And 2 glasses of water.
- Lunch at 12.00 Noon: Take 1 bowl of vegetable soup, 1 cup of cooked brown rice. Also, take 2 glasses of water.
- Afternoon Snack at 4.00 PM: Take only 1 apple and a glass of water.
- Evening Snack at 6.30 PM: Take 1 small bowl of sprouted or boiled lentils. And seasoned it with a pinch of salt and lemon juice. Also, take a glass of water.
- Dinner at 8.00 PM: Take a bowl of boiled mixed vegetables and a glass of water.
Day 7- Meal Day
Day 7 Diet Plan
By meal day, I didn’t mean whole mail course mean but some of it. Like one or half chapatti, and 1 cup of brown rice along with fresh fruit juice. Drink lots of water.This day you will feel light and happy. Because by this day you have lost 5- 8 kg of weight. If you follow the diet plan religusly then you will definitely lose weight within 7 days.
Day 7 Diet Plan Chart
- Breakfast at 8.30 AM. Take one bowl of cantaloupes or melon with a glass of water.
- Mid-Morning Snack at 10.30 AM. Eat one cup of carrot sticks, frozen and fresh berries. And also 1 glass of water.
- Lunch at 12.00 Noon. Take a bowl of lightly sautéed vegetables. And 1 bowl of cooked brown rice along with 2 glasses of water.
- Afternoon Snack at 4.00 PM. Take 1 pear or 1 apple and a glass of water.
- Evening Snack at 6.30 PM. Take only 1 Guava and a glass of water.
- Dinner at 8.00 PM. Take a bowl of soup of mixed vegetable and 2 glasses of water.
gm diet plan chart version
B. Original GM Diet Plan
I am providing a chart of original GM diet plan of 7 days. It will help you in better understanding what you have to include and what to avoid in this diet plan.
The Fruit Day
|You can eat any fruit except bananas. There is no limit on quantity.|
You should eat a lot of melons on the first day. In fact, if you eat melons in large amount it will get your weight loss off to a great start.
|Today you eat only vegetables. You can eat them either cooked or raw and there is a restriction on the types or amount you can eat.|
You can have a baked potato for breakfast on this day, with a pat of butter.
This will provide the body with the complex carbohydrates and fiber that will provide energy for the rest of the day.
DAY 3 Fruit+Vegetables
|Except for bananas and potatoes, you can eat a mixture of fruit and vegetables on this day in whatever amount you choose.|
Potatoes are not needed, as carbohydrates will come from the fruit. This day your body start burning excess pounds.
|DAY 4- Banana Day||You can eat eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk on this day.|
You can have soup. The recipe is at the end of the page.
The bananas are beneficial because they will aid to replace the potassium and sodium that the body have lost in the previous three days.
DAY 5- Protein Day
|This day you will eat beef and tomatoes – six tomatoes and two 10 oz. portions of beef. You should eat all tomatoes but not necessary to eat all the beef.|
The beef will provide your body iron and protein. And tomatoes will provide fiber that helps in digestion.
|This day you will eat beef but no tomatoes. Replace tomatoes with other vegetables of your own choice.|
On this day, your body is completely inclined towards weight loss. Also, you will see a noticeable difference in your look. You will feel lighter compared to when you started the diet.
If you are pure vegetarian then you can consume 250 gm cheese + 150 ml curd+ 20gm soya chunks in place of beef.
If you love eggs, replace cheese with egg white.
|DAY-7||On the last day of the plan, you will eat brown rice, fruit juice and can have unlimited vegetables.|
The meal plan for the last seven days, have completely cleansed and flushed out extra fat. And you will find that you have lost 10 to 17 lbs.
Also, I have given recipes for fruit and vegetable salad, and low-calorie soup at the end of the page. You can refer to it.
Benefits Of GM Diet Plan
Benefits Of GM Diet Plan
You may be thinking why I have told you about GM diet. Why should you adopt it? What is so special in it?
Now I will tell you about advantages of GM diet plan.
- First of all, it is the most effective and efficient method of losing weight.
- You will lose 5-8 kg weight at the end of the week.
- It flushws out toxins from your body. And also enhances your look with glowing skin.
- The Vegetables and fruits intake will improve metabolism rate of your body.
- Furthermore, you don’t have to starve and exhaust yourself from exercises. This is a simple diet plan that you can follow with ease to lose weight.
- It helps in reducing the flab at waist and tummy.
Side Effects/ Disadvantages Of GM Diet Plan
- While following this diet you may encounter some pain in your muscles. This is due to lack of proteins on the first 2-3 days of the week.
- You may also feel tired and fatigue while following this diet plan. This may be due to lack of carbohydrates for first 2- 3 days of the week.
- You may start gaining weight instead of losing.
- A headache may also occur.
What To Do After GM Diet Is Over?
After completing this diet plan you will lose 5- 8 kg weight. You must be wondering what next? Here are few suggestions for you to maintain yourself after this diet plan.
You don’t have to follow this diet plan again. But you have to maintain your diet with nutritious food items.
Workout daily for some time.
Take balanced diet to avoid accumulation of extra fat in your body. And also exercise daily.
Tips And Tricks
Have a drink of warm water, honey, and lemon juice. Take a glass of warm water. Add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey in it. Drink this for all 7 days before taking breakfast.
- Eat only sliced fruits. You can only have fruit juice on day 7.
- Don’t drink water immediately after having fruits. Wait for ½ -1 hour before drinking water.
- Increase your water intake day by day from 10 to 15 glasses.
- Avoid coffee, tea, and alcohol while following this diet plan.
- You can have black coffee, lime water, and black tea but without sugar.
- You should exercise or take a walk early in the morning for 45 minutes. This will help you better in losing extra weight of your body.
- You can take vegetables as a whole or as a salad. In a salad, you can add herbs, white or wine vinegar, garlic and squeezed lemon. Don’t add any other things in the salad.
- You can also have asparagus, cauliflower, peas, cabbage, corn, and others.
- Avoid all types of beans for 7 days because they have high calories.
General FAQ’s Related To GM Diet
GENERAL FAQ’s RELATED TO GM DIET
Q1] Can This Diet Be Repeated To Lose More Weight?
Ans] Of course yes, you can do it again and again to lose weight. But please sure to have at least a gap of 1 or 2 weeks between this diet. If you feel any difficulties then you should discontinue it.
Q2] What Is The Chance Of Gaining Weight After Completing This Program?
Ans] This diet is an excellent plan to lose extra weight in a natural and healthy manner. But, after the end of this regime, if you ‘ll indulge in eating excess calories than your body required then will gain weight for sure.
So I ‘ll advise you to make sure will maintain a healthy food lifestyle in the long run. Eat only as much as you need.
You can control your food craving in various ways.
Q3] Can I Try These During Pregnancy Or After Pregnancy?
Ans] During pregnancy,it’s absolute no. After pregnancy, please consult with your doctor.
Q4] What Alternate Fruits You Can Eat On Day 1, 2 And 3 Of The GM 7 Days Diet Chart?
- WATERMELON: Only 30 calories per 100 grams serving and has high water content. This is the best fruit that helps you in weight loss.
- CANTALOUPES: Another fruit that you can have is cantaloupes. It has high nutritional value and low in calories.
- GUAVA: If you are diabetic then also you can have this fruit.
- APPLE:1 medium sized apple contains only 50 calories. It has zero sodium and no fat.
- PEAR: Another fruit is a pear. It is rich in fibres that squash your hunger for a long time.
- ORANGES: It will help you in burning excess fat of your body. It contains only 47 calories in 100 gm of oranges.
- GRAPEFRUIT: This fruit helps in burning excess fat of your body. A ½ grapefruit contains only 37 calories. It also improves metabolic rate of your body.
- BERRIES: It helps in losing weight and cholesterol value of your body. It helps in reducing excess fat of your body.
- KIWI: It is rich in fibers and squashes your hunger for a long time.
- POMEGRANATES: It flushes out toxins from your body and also lowers appetite.
Q4]What Alternate Vegetables That You Can Eat On Day 2, 3, 6 And 7 Of The 7 Days GM Diet Chart?
- CUCUMBER: It will help you in losing weight. A ½ cup of cucumber has only 10 calories.
- LETTUCE: Lettuce is low in calories and rich in fibres and vitamins.
- CABBAGE: It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. It improves immunity system of your body.
- BROCCOLI: It is rich in calcium and fibres. It burns excess fat of your body.
- BELL PEPPER: It improves metabolic rate of your body. It also burns excess fat in your body.
- ONIONS: It burns excess fat stored in your body. And also prevents formation and accumulation of another new fat cell.
- SPINACH: It burns extra calorie of your body. It is rich in proteins.
GM Diet Plan Grocery List
Gm diet includes few things but you have to buy them in large quantity. So, before starting you need to stuff your house with the food items needed. So, here is the shopping list for your Gm diet.
Fruits are the most important part of your diet. These are essential and should be on the top of your list as you require them on the first day itself and the days later.
Buy as many fruits as you can, but avoid the extra sweet ones as they will only add up to your extra calories. Mostly all fruits are allowed. Only Some of them are not allowed. Try to avoid foods that contain the high amount of sugar content in it.
Fruits That Are Allowed
- Banana (on the 4th day)
Fruits That Are Not Allowed
- Passion Fruit
Vegetables are needed on day two as the 2nd day completely relies on vegetable. Mostly green leafy vegetables are recommended to consume. They are rich in fiber and easily absorbed by the body.
Vegetables That You Should Buy
- Green leafy vegetables
- Green beans
Gm diet mainly includes beef in it. Lean chicken can also be used as a substitute for beef if beef is not available. Chicken or some other white meat can be consumed on a day. Always prefer fresh supply.
Dairy products are avoided till 4 but can be consumed after four days. This includes milk and yogurt mostly. Stock up milk and yogurt for the 4th day. You have to take it with the bananas.
If you want to drink fruit juice then go for freshly squeezed juice and not the packaged ones. Packaged juice contains preservative and sugar which is bad for weight loss. The best beverage to take during this week is water.
You can also buy green tea but avoid any drink which contains too much caffeine. Avoid consuming packed beverages.
5. Brown Rice
Brown rice is also recommended on the seventh day. But, consume brown rice only. Brown rice is high in carbohydrate content and low in fiber content.SAY NO to White Rice.
Sprouts are also very healthy and it is usually recommended to start your day with healthy sprouts. You can buy any of the sprouts you like.
1. Vegetables Salad
Things That You Will Need
- 10 Salad leaves
- 3 sliced into strips Carrots
- 3 big Cucumber
- ½ cup of Corn
- 3 Tomatoes sliced into rings
- ½ cup of Peas
- 5 chopped spring onions
- 3 tablespoons of Lemon juice
- 1shredded or chopped Cabbage
- Broccoli and Celery (Optional)
- 1Radish (optional)
Mix all the vegetables in a bowl and season it with salt and lemon juice.
2. Fruit Salad
Things That You Will Need
- 1 cup of Grapes
- ¼ cup of Currants
- 3 Oranges peeled and sliced
- 2 Apricots seed removed and chopped
- 1 sliced Mango
- 2 Apples
- 3 cups of shredded Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Sprouts Recipe
Things That You Will Need
- 1 cup of sprouts
- Fine chopped 1 tablespoon of onions
- Fine chopped 1 tablespoon of tomatoes
- 1 green chilli chopped finely
- Few chopped coriander leaves and mint
- A pinch of salt
- Lemon juice
Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients.
4. GM Diet Wonder Soups
a. Low-Calorie Soup
Things That You Will Need
- Sliced onion
- Three tomatoes
- 750 ml of water
- 2-Green Chilies
- Some Lettuce leaf
Mix and boil all the ingredients for at least 5 minutes. And add pepper and salt in it.
b. Another Soup Recipe
Things That You Will Need
- 4 green beans
- 2 carrots
- 3 – 4 mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4th cabbage
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 3 cauliflower florets
- 1 onion
- Water necessary to submerge all vegetables
Mix all ingredients in a pan and boil it for at least 10 minutes. Then add salt.Hope you find this article useful in losing. Eat healthy, stay healthy and be happy.
Whatever may be your diet plan, there must be some shortage of calories so that the body starts feeding the stored fat. However, since an adult human being requires a minimum energy of 1200 calories, your plan must be able to provide that much calorie to a body. Also, make sure that you divide total calories into 3 meals and 2 snacks daily to procure best possible results.