A good appearance has been sought from times immemorial. Looking good implies a number of benefits including attention, attractiveness, confidence, and self-satisfaction.
Good looks can be part of someone’s genetic heredity but their maintenance requires dedication.
Whether you have been genetically blessed or not, you will need to take care of a number of aspects of your appearance in order to look good.
Find out how in this article.
How To Look Pretty, Beautiful, And Gorgeous
The visual factors that contribute the most to a good appearance are the skin, the face, the hair, the clothes we wear, the fitness level, and very importantly, the maintenance of hygiene.
The maintenance of beauty requires a lot of attention, care, and dedication. You will have to work hard to achieve glowing skin, a toned up body, and to determine the clothes and makeup that suits you the most.
The hardest work usually rewards the best. Make sure these steps are part of your work towards beauty:
1. Set Your Hygiene Routine
Give yourself importance and set aside time to maintain flawless hygiene and a perfect beauty schedule during the day. Some of the things you should never skip are:
- Washing your face twice every day, and moisturizing it before sleeping. Never sleep with your makeup on, regardless of how tired you are.
- Brush your teeth twice per day only and floss them once per day. Over-brushing could damage the enamel of your teeth and change their natural coloration.
- Take a bath or shower every day, but wash your hair twice or thrice a week only.
- Trim your nails every week and maintain them in a good shape. For healthy nails, follow a healthy and balanced diet.
- Get rid of undesired body hair on a regular schedule and not in a rush.
- Always wear clean and ironed clothes. They will make you feel and look better.
This simplified beauty routine has basic rules that you should follow no matter what. It will ensure you look pretty even when you have not dressed up for it.
Now, let us see in detail how to make the most of other factors that contribute to the good appearance of a person.
2. The Hair
The hair is a notable part of someone’s appearance. It can enhance the personality and define the entire look. Take care of it by following these points:
- To maintain the health of your mane, trim its ends every two months approximately. This will prevent the appearance of split ends and keep it strong.
- Wash your hair twice or thrice a week. This will ensure that it is clean and that it does not lose its natural lubricating oils. Washing your hair every day could make it dry, brittle, and dull.
- Choose a haircut and hairstyle that suits well your face shape. For example, keep in mind that tying up your hair will make your cheekbones more prominent while letting it loose can make your face look more elongated.
- Do not strain your hair with excessive styling that includes pulling, drying, ironing, straightening, or curling it. Let it take rest and just be itself at least twice a week.
3. The Face
A good-looking face is the key of a pleasant appearance. Sometimes, the glow on the face can even compensate for messy hair or ordinary clothes. To obtain the maximum benefits from the lovely features of your face at all times, make sure you follow this tips:
- Maintain a flawless skin. You can achieve this by washing your face twice a day. Moisturize it after every wash to avoid dry skin.
- Avoid the contact of the face with dirt, use clean pillowcases, bedsheets, and blankets while sleeping. Wear clean clothes and accessories always and try to avoid touching the skin of your face with your hands.
- Be attentive and treat any pimple or blemish as soon as you see it come. You can use several home remedies for this.
- Remove any trace of makeup as soon as you reach home. Make it a rule to sleep with a clean skin that is able to “breath”.
- Remove any unwanted or extra facial hair regularly, on a fixed schedule. Whether you do it by yourself or get it done in a parlor, ensure you apply a soothing cream after you finish.
- Follow the makeup rules and apply the type of makeup that suits your face the most. Avoid excess and try to keep it as natural as possible.
- For an appealing look on your face, maintain a pleasant and calm expression. Avoid taking tension or stress as this often manifest in the form of wrinkles. Stay cool and happy.
- Remember that a smile is the most beautiful curve of the body. Make use of it.
4. The Skin
The largest organ of the body is the skin. Hence, it should not come as a surprise that it has a large influence on the overall looks of a person. There are plenty of beauty products advertised every day to maintain our skin healthy and looking good instantaneously. But for a good skin, the treatment should be a bit deeper and start from home.
Follow this steps to know what can you do to maintain your skin flawless
i. Cleanse With Gentleness
Your skin is a delicate organ. It is good to clean it every day and maintain it free from dirt and germs, but over-washing can damage it. Be gentle with it and use mild cleansing products that have a low chemical content. This will prevent your skin from becoming dull, or strained.
Scrub your skin with an exfoliating agent twice a week to remove persistent accumulation of dust and dirt and for a deeper cleansing that reaches the skin pores. Use natural scrubbers like sugar or salt with lemon and honey.
iii. To keep the skin clean, avoid its contact with your hair. The hair can accumulate dust and dandruff that triggers the appearance of acne and bumps on the delicate skin of the face and neck. To avoid this, clean your hair regularly and keep it away from your skin.
iv. Massage your skin every day or every alternate day. This will help and promote blood circulation and make your skin look fresh and full of life. Use oils to massage your skin and enhance the benefits.
v. Protect the skin from pollution dust and from the UV rays of the sunlight. Use sunscreen and moisturizer in addition to wearing clothes that cover your skin from these agents when you are outside, especially during the peak sunlight hours.
On the other hand, getting exposed to the early morning sunlight can prove to be a beneficial source of vitamin D for the skin and the overall health.
vi. Another way to protect your skin is by judiciously applying skin care products. Let your skin be free from them sometimes, and opt for products that are gentle, mild, and of a composition that is based on organic ingredients.
vii. Use Natural Products
They are safer and gentler, unlike the chemical-based products that can harm your skin and trigger allergic reactions and side effects on the long run.
viii. Maintain A Healthy Diet
Consuming unhealthy fats in excess can make your skin look oily and trigger the appearance of pimples. Increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, and unprocessed foods.
ix. Maintain your inner body hydrated to keep your skin moisturized. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. The healthier they are, the more beneficial. Stay away from caffeine and soda and focus on fruit and vegetable juices, herbal teas, and of course, plain and natural water. This will benefit your skin with softness and beauty.
x. Let your skin repair itself and rejuvenate by sleeping at least seven hours every night. This will improve its health and glow. The lack of rest causes dullness, saggy skin, and dark circles. Sleep with a clean skin free from makeup or dirt to boost the self-healing process, and avoid its contact with the hair by tying it.
xi. Stay Calm
Taking tension and stress can lead to excessive oil secretion and in turn, the absorption of more dirt and dust. This can lead to a bad appearance of the skin and can provide an easy way for infections to occur. Staying happy shows in your health and in the overall appearance.
Exercise keeps the body muscles toned up and makes them flexible and strong. In addition, it boosts the endorphins, also known as the happy hormones. This has a positive impact on your confidence level and on your overall looks.
Keeping fit has a number of benefits that are directly related to beauty:
i. Healthy Weight
Regular exercise can help you reduce those extra kilos of body mass and give you a healthier and better appearance by toning up the muscles.
ii. Glowing Skin
Working out boosts the blood circulation in the body and makes the supply reach to all its organs. This results in a radiant and healthy skin
iii. Anti-Aging Effect
Exercise triggers the release of endorphins, and in turn, reduces the levels of cortisol (the stress hormone). This means a decreased production of wrinkles and sebum, increased flexibility of the skin, and hence, a rejuvenated look.
iv. The increased circulation also has a beneficial effect for the hair and helps in maintaining its strength, resistance, and shine.
The enhanced blood circulation boosts the flushing out of toxins in the form of sweat. The sweat carries away the toxins from the body and improves the detoxification of the system. This leaves the internal and external body healthier, cleaner, and better looking.
vi. Exercise also boosts the immune system and helps you in keeping away infections and diseases.
To flaunt your beautiful features to the fullest wear the clothes and accessories that suit you the best. Follow these basic dressing tips regardless of your clothing choice:
- Wear neat and clean clothes that are properly ironed.
- Do not wear stained or dirty clothes, even if it is just a bit.
- Wear clothes of your size, that are not too loose nor too tight.
- Do not wear the same outfit for more than one day in a row.
- Avoid wearing similar colors or designs continuously.
- Wear footwear that fits your feet size perfectly.
- If you are wearing some socks, let them be of the same or similar color to the shoes. Sandals and socks are a bad combination.
When it comes to the choice of clothes, everyone has their own style. Following the fashion or not is a personal choice. However, consider these dressing tips for highlighting your natural beauty and achieving a better appearance.
- Wear the clothes that suit you. It is not necessary that the clothes that look good on another person look the same on you. They might suit you less or they might suit you more.
- To wear the clothes that suit you the most, be attentive to the following factors:
i. The Color
Keeping a variety of colors in your wardrobe is good. But there is often a type of tone that suits your skin more than the other. The colors are broadly classifiedas either cold or warm.
Cold colors include black, white, blue, dark green, and deep purple while cool colors are blue toned pastels.
Yellow, red, brown, bright green, brown, gold, orange, and cream are categorized as warm tones.
Making the right choice of color can enhance the glow of your skin. To help you choose the tone that suits you the best, take a look at the veins of your skin under bright light. People that have green veins are said to look better in warm colors, while people with blue veins often look better in cool ones.
ii. The Fitting
Remember to wear clothes that fit you well. Avoid clothes that squeeze your body very tightly or clothes that hang loosely from your body. Make sure that the clothes you wear are comfortable.
iii. The Choice
Choose the clothes that suit you the best. They should feature your best traits and camouflage your flaws. It is recommended to take the advice of a close person and listen to their opinion while shopping. Prioritize your choice over the trending fashion.
iv. The Highlights
To accentuate one half of the body over the other, dress it with light colors. Use light colors draw the attention of people towards the features you want to highlight. For example, to mark your legs, wear light colored pants or skirts and dark tops.
v. The Age
Avoid wearing clothes that are old and dull. Even if it was a lovely outfit once upon a time, if it is worn out now it will create a bad image. If you do not want to discard old clothes, save them for the weekends at home or donate them.
vi. Your Preferences
Following the trending styles should be done within the limits. It is of no use to wear something that you find awful or that does not go well with your body just because it is trending. Keep the trends in mind, but do not follow them blindly. Instead, give preference to your own choice because wearing something that makes you comfortable automatically makes you look good.
Use jewelry and accessories to match with your clothes and complete your outfit. Their usage adds a personal touch and originality. Save the most dazzling accessories for special occasions.
7. Quick Fixes
Here are some more tips for improving the basic appearance without the wastage of energy, time, or money. Use them to look ideal even with a hectic schedule.
- When you have split ends but do not have time to go to the salon or did not get an appointment, you can fix them at home by twisting your hair and cutting the erratic hair ends that stick out of their place.
- Apply regular Vaseline or neutral lip balm around your nails before painting them. If there is any extra or excessive nail paint on the skin that surrounds the nails, it will come off easily once it is dry by doing this.
- Rub Vaseline on the skin before spraying it with cologne or perfume and its scent will last for a longer time.
- For those sudden pimple breakouts that appear just at the worst moment possible, follow this treatment: soak cotton balls in eye drops and keep them for a few minutes in the freezer before pressing them on the pimple. This will lead to the contraction of the blood vessels and a decrease in the redness and inflammation, which in turn makes the pimple less prominent.
- Create vertical curls by twisting sections of your hair and ironing them from the roots down to the end. Fix it by applying hairspray.
- Make your foundation get the perfect consistency by adding moisturizer if it is too thick and adding liquid bronzer if it is too light.
- Powder make up as eyeshadow, blush, or talcum, can break for various reasons. Following this tip to fix it can prevent a huge waste of product and money: Add a few drops of disinfectant alcohol to it and blend it into a smooth paste. When left overnight, the alcohol evaporates and the result is a repaired powder make up that looks like it never got broken in the first place.
- If your mascara is getting dry, it does not mean that you have to throw it away. Try keeping it for five minutes in a bowl filled with hot water and if this does not work just add a few drops of saline solution (salt dissolved in water).
- Nail polishes can also get dry, hard, and thick. They become difficult to be applied on the nails. Fix this condition by placing the nail polish bottle for a few minutes in a bowl containing hot water. After taking it out, shake it and use it while it is still warm and fluid.
- For a pretty and dewy complexion, apply a small amount of cream highlighter on the chin, nose bridge, cheekbones, and forehead center. They are the most prominent parts of your face.
- To draw attention to your eyes, enhance your eyebrows by applying highlighter above them. Blend it towards your forehead.
- If you use an eyelash curler to enhance your eyelashes, try warming it first with a hairdryer. Do it for a few seconds and make sure it is not excessively hot. Use the warmed up eyelash curler on your eyelashes and they will remain curled for a longer time.
- To tame your eyebrows into remaining in a fixed place, spray a bit of hairspray on the wand of an old mascara and run it on them.
- New shoes often triggers the appearance of uncomfortable blisters on the feet. To prevent them, apply powder or spray deodorant on your feet before wearing new shoes for the first few times.
Natural Remedies For Better Looking Appearance:
Follow these simple natural remedies on your journey towards a better-looking appearance:
Remedies For The Skin
1. Remove even the most resistant make up with the help of coconut oil and olive oil. They are natural and they can make you ditch your conventional face cleanser for them.
2. The elbows and the knees often become darker than the rest of the skin due to dust accumulation among other factors. Get a more even skin tone by using a natural scrubber made of one to two teaspoons of sugar and enough honey to make a paste. Scrub the mixture with a gentle exfoliating massage on the knees, elbows, and ankles every alternate day until you obtain the desired results.
3. Stretch marks are undesired results of hormonal changes and weight alterations. They can appear in several parts of the body including stomach, arms, and thighs.
Get rid of these marks using Aloe Vera gel. Extract the gel from a leaf of Aloe Vera and apply it on the stretch marks twice every day. Aloe Vera promotes skin repair and elasticity and you will notice that the skin is gradually becoming normal.
4. To lighten unwanted facial and skin hair naturally, try a tomato based mask. Extract the juice of a small tomato by grinding it or squeezing it and apply it over the desired area to lighten the hair. Let it act for five to ten minutes. You can also apply tomato slices directly. Repeat this process for a few days until you get the desired results.
Remedies For The Face
1. To get a glowing and radiant face skin add a tablespoon of baking soda into your regular face wash or cleansing gel. To make it work, apply it on your face with the help of a gentle massage that lasts a few seconds and wash it with warm water. Use this mixture only two or three times a week due to its exfoliating effects.
2. Add a few drops of cinnamon or peppermint oils to make the lips look fuller and lighter by adding them into your lip balm or lip-gloss. You can also apply honey to your lips and wash it after 10 minutes instead.
3. Lack of moisture and extreme weathers can make the lips chapped and dry. You can use ghee to heal this condition and get healthy lips. Apply a warm drop of ghee mixed with honey on your lips. Massage this mixture onto your lips every night before going to bed.
4. For naturally long and thick eyelashes, take the help of castor oil. It will hydrate and strengthen them within a few weeks of use. To use it, clean your eyes from make up or dust. Dip a mascara brush into natural castor oil and wipe the excess of oil before applying it carefully on the eyelashes to leave it overnight. Wash it off gently in the morning. This process can be followed for thicker eyebrows also.
5. The signs of aging on the face can be delayed if not reversed with various tips. One such method is to wash the face with cold rice water every day. This is rich in minerals and vitamins and it provides energy, vitality, tightness, and evenness to the skin
Remedies For The Hair & Nails
1. If you do not have time for a normal hair wash but your hair is dirty, here is how you can clean it in a quick way. Use cornstarch or baby powder and comb it off. It will remove the grease and make your hair look clean.
2. Apply a moisturizer cream or a few drops of non-stick hair oil on the ends of your hair before sleeping every night. This will keep them protected from splitting and will give your hair a shiny look and smooth texture.
3. Use egg this egg mask recipe to strengthen the hair and speed up its growth. Mix an egg white with a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of olive oil to form a smooth paste. Apply it on the scalp with the help of your fingertips and let it act for twenty minutes before proceeding to wash it. Rinsing with slightly cold water will enhance the results.
4. To strengthen your nails use one spoon of almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix them and apply the mixture on the hands with a gentle massage. Let it work overnight and you will notice that your nails have acquired strength and a natural sheen.
Feel Pretty, Beautiful And Gorgeous
Everything starts from the inside, and the appearance is no exception. To look good, you have to feel good.If you are wearing socks, let them be of the same or similar color to the shoes. Sandals and socks are a bad combination
Realizing that you are a worthy and beautiful person will definitely have a positive influence on your exterior.
To make your beauty arise from within, give these tips a try:
1. Be Confident
To make other people realize that you are beautiful, you should believe it yourself first.
This belief can be expressed by your body language and gestures as follows:
- Stand tall
- Keep your back straight
- Slightly bend back your shoulders
- Walk with a slow and confident pace.
- Maintain your gaze straight
- Make eye contact with the people you interact
- Keep a calm expression and smile as much as possible
These tips can help you in looking confident, while these ones can make you actually feel it:
a. Do not judge yourself. The mind can be a person’s best friend and a person’s worst enemy. Being cruel to yourself can severely damage your confidence. Remember that nobody in the world is perfect, and it is not your duty to try to be so.
b. Avoid comparisons because they lead nowhere. Comparisons usually lead to underestimating either you or the other person.
c. Do not judge others. Just like you should not judge yourself, you should not judge others either. Everyone has weaknesses and strengths. Focusing on their positive traits can improve your point of view in general.
d. Act with confidence even if you are not. You will end up tricking your mind into a confident behavior pattern and eventually become a confident person.
e. Use photographs and selfies. Good pictures of yourself can remind you of your beautiful features and why you should be proud of them.
f. Accept cordial compliments. Gracefully welcoming compliments that have a good intention instead of refusing to believe them can surely make you appreciate yourself more.
These small acts can help you build the confidence level you express and make people respect you for it, because confident people are admired the most.
2. Be Appealing
Developing a pleasant nature can highly increase your level of beauty. Use these advises to become an appealing person:
a. Talk with a reasonably audible volume. Do not use a very high pitch or a very low volume. They make it difficult to maintain a conversation and they indicate insecurity.
b. Do not stress over what might other people think of you and how to impress them. By doing it you often end up in behaving like someone you are not, and this might lead to confusion and disappointment in the people that love you for who you are.
c. Have fun being yourself and stay comfortable and happy. This can act as a socializing magnet.
d. Sometimes people are shy to socialize. Trying to act like you are a confident person even if you are not one can bring in genuine confidence in you.
e. Stay away from gossip, rumors, and confrontations. Everyone has their own business to mind, better stuff to do, and more important issues to attend.
f. Paying compliments is an easy and nice way to make others feel good, especially on the features that often go unnoticed. These include qualities like hard work, passion, and dedication. Try to compliment people’s nature rather than their appearance, and make it with a smile and a soft and genuine tone.
g. Keep a smile on your face as much as possible. This will make you more approachable, friendly, and overall more attractive. In addition, giving a smile to others implies that you will often get smiles in return.
h. Maintaining eye contact is not only an expression of self-confidence. It is also an agreeable gesture that will be appreciated by the person or the people with whom you interact. It shows that you are giving them importance and are attentive to their words, and everyone likes that.
i. Although shifting your gaze frequently is considered an act of disinterest, staring hard at a person for an excessively long time can become uncomfortable or weird. Maintain a balance of eye contact in which you express attention but not obsessiveness.
3. Be Yourself
Nothing is more beautiful than purity, honesty, and authenticity. Being genuine indicates that you do not need to hide your real personality to try to please others because you are already a pleasant person.
Remember these points to maintain your authenticity:
a. Do what you like. It is okay if others do not share the same choice of food, sport, entertainment or anything. If you like it, go for it. You may find people that have the same interests once you do it, so do not give up on it just because it seems an uncommon choice.Moreover, people that are self-assured and give importance to themselves inevitably become happy and attractive. Remember that happiness makes you glow.
b. Practice self-love. Avoid criticizing thoughts about anyone, especially yourself. Repeating things in your mind can surely lead to a strong belief in them, so why not repeat positive things? Start by identifying pessimistic thoughts and acknowledge that they are just thoughts. They are not necessarily true, and definitely, they do not define who you are or how you look. Work to replace the negative thoughts with positive ones in a gentle and gradual way by focusing on your lovely traits.
c. Develop a beautiful nature. Selflessness and altruism are delightful traits that will help you and others in realizing how gorgeous you are. Do not forget to be kind, attentive, and respectful to everyone and remember that while external beauty might fade with age, internal beauty is eternal.
Prettiness, beauty, and gorgeousness are subjective terms. Everyone has a different concept of what they mean and this concept often changes a time passes by, ruled by what society sets as “beauty standards”.
Blindly following the style that social media advertises never leads anywhere with sense. One day you might think that you achieved the standard beauty look, but the next day it might have changed again.
The best way to be pretty, beautiful, and gorgeous is to listen to your perceptions, and most importantly, realize that you already are.
You May Also like Reading: