Do you know that Aluminium is the biggest reason behind Alzheimer’s diseases?
In this article, you are going to know secret sources of Aluminium & relationship with Alzheimer’s Diseases.
Knowingly or unknowingly, we consume Aluminium from different food substances. Every day we consume small amounts of organic metals for the healthy functioning of our body.
Some of these include iron, zinc, Aluminum and magnesium, but did you ever know that the human body does not need even the smallest quantities of Aluminum. It’s just because the human body is unable to handle them.
You must be thinking that you take Aluminum in considerable quantities and a routine manner, then why are you not yet affected by any disease?
It’s just because Aluminum accumulates in various human tissues like the lungs, brain, liver, etc. with older people having the highest percentage of accumulations.
This results in significant health related issues.
Accumulation of Aluminum in the brain has now been linked to three different kinds of Deterioration:
- Parkinsonian Dementia
- Dialysis Dementia, which is found in patients with severe kidney failure, and it requires blood dialysis.
Table of Contents
Various Sources Of Aluminum That We Ingest
These are widely used as food additives, in non-prescription drugs and as a clarifying agent in the treatment of water supplies.
These are the most common Aluminum containing food additives and frequently add to cakes, cheese foods, processed cheese, etc.
Aluminum Sulfates Or Alums
These are the most common ingredients in household baking powders. They are also used as a food starch modifier and firming agents in pickled vegetables and fruits.
They are commonly used as anti-caking agents in dry and powdered products.
Some chewing gums contain a considerable amount of Aluminum, which is about 3-4 mg per stick.
Most acidic beverages which are packed in Aluminum cans and bottles contain the highest amount of Aluminum.
Non-Cola soft drinks in Aluminum cans contain the highest amount of Aluminum at an average of 33.4 me M/L whereas Cola bottles contain 24.4 me M/L of Aluminum.
Antacids (consumed for peptic ulcer, etc.), internal anti-pain medications (buffered aspirin for arthritis pain and swelling) and diarrhea medicines (like Kaopectate) contain considerable amounts of Aluminum.
Lipsticks And Antiperspirants
Common Table Salt
Facts On Aluminum Cookware
- You buy a nice set of shiny Aluminum cookware, but after six months you find that the cookware looks dull and pitted.
- This is just because all the Aluminum from the cookware has gone into the food that was cooked in it.
- You boil some water in an Aluminum kettle and then pour it into a glass. Hold the glass in the light and you will find Aluminum particles floating in the water.
- Acidic food heated and stored in an Aluminum cookware adds up to 4mg of Aluminum to the food.
- You boil some water in an Aluminum utensil, and it produces hydroxide poison.
- You boil an egg in an Aluminum cookware, and it produces phosphate.
- Cook meat in an Aluminum cookware, and it produces chloride.
- If you fry bacon in an Aluminum cookware then, it is found that it produces a powerful narcotic acid, which when consumed in large doses may cause coma.
- Cooking vegetables in Aluminum utensils produce hydroxide poison. It neutralizes all the digestive juices disabling them for their value to digest food. This, in turn, produces stomach and gastrointestinal troubles.
Also Read: Why Aluminium Shouldn't Be Used As A Kitchenware?
Aluminum is a poison to the human body and the more the concentration of Aluminum, the more health problems one will have.
Prevention is better than cure. So let’s avoid the consumption of Aluminium in our diet and proceed towards a healthy future.