Coconut oil works as a miracle to release the bowel movement in constipation. Since thousands of years, coconut oil used as a traditional remedy to cure almost all the illness naturally.
Constipation mostly occurs due to medication, changes in lifestyle, poor diet, and in aging. It is a condition of the less frequency in excretion of bowel from your body.
Constipation is a general problem we face which causes diluents to less water content in the digestive system. It is painful if the problem persists for a long time.
The effect of coconut oil to cure constipation is proved by the modern medical science also. Thus let’s know about the remedial contents coconut oil has.
Remedial Contents Of Coconut Oil For Constipation
Coconut oil is fibrous in nature. It aids metabolism in your body which helps to resolve irregular bowel movements.Regular use of coconut oil cleanses your colon effectively.Coconut oil has almost 64% of Medium-Chain Fatty Acids (MFA’s) which is the main secret to getting relief from constipation.
MFA’S provide quick energy to your intestinal cells. This energy boosts the metabolism rate in your body which stimulates your bowel movements.
Coconut oil eases constipation woes. Because the increased metabolism rate lets your system to break down the foods faster and more effectively.
Coconut oil softens your stool by reducing the friction between your stool and rectum, which results in a smooth bowel movement.
Though technically coconut oil is not a laxative, it releases tonnes of glycerol upon digestion which most laxatives contain. These glycerol draw fluid into your stool creating a bulk that stimulates bowel movements.Coconut oil can turn a sluggish bowel into a hyperactive bowel.
How To Use Coconut Oil In Your Diet For Constipation?
- Replace standard cooking oils with coconut oil in cooking.
- You can take coconut oil raw in several ways by adding them just before eating.
- Add this oil to hot soups, stews, and curries.
- You can sprinkle some coconut oil over salad tops.
- Replace this with butter and margarine in homemade bakery items.
- Add this to a dough of cake and bread.
- You can also add the coconut oil in smoothies.
- Add some drops of coconut oil to your coffee and tea.
- You can add this oil to the juice which is 100% natural and without sugar.
Dosage Of Coconut Oil For Constipation
If you are new to coconut oil as an edible, it is advisable to follow the dosage very carefully. Otherwise, you may face diarrhea like situation.
- Initially, add just half a spoon of oil in your diet once in your lunch. If the result is digestible and tolerable, add some more oil gradually. Wait for an hour. If no result found then add another half spoon of oil in the next meal. Definitely, you will get positive results.
- If your case is a chronic one then start with two tablespoons of oil per day. 1 tablespoon in morning and 1 tablespoon in evening.If still there is no appropriate result found then add another tablespoon of oil in your breakfast in the next day.
- Gradually increase the dosage to get a complete relief from constipation.
- It is best to take just one tablespoon of oil daily for 5 to 7 days. In this way, your body will get ample time to adjust itself to the effects of coconut oil.
- You can feed coconut oil to kids and infants who are suffering from periodic or recurrent constipation. But it is strongly advised to consult the doctor before doing any experiment on children.
- Use the extra Virgin coconut oil instead of the varieties of coconut oils are available in the market. The oils sold in the market are scented and refined ones which have zero fibre in them. These oils are not effective to get the desired result.
- You must intake the prescribed dose of coconut oil before 30 minutes of each meal.
- Avoid fatty meats, sugar, and processed foods when you are using coconut oil. Instead, increase the intake of fruits, vegetables, and water.
It is a high warning to consult your doctor before taking the given dosage of coconut oil in this article.
Coconut oil resolves occasional and chronic constipation cases. Many people have reported great relief from digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome after adding coconut oil to their diet.
Sometimes consuming coconut oil may cause digestive issues under certain situations. The issues may be abdominal pain, cramping, bloating and diarrhea.So it is advisable to take the proper dose. It is also advisable to consult the doctor in an acute situation.