Table of Contents
What Is Schisandra?
Schisandra is a woody vine that contains aroma. It bears flowers in different colors like white, pink or yellow. These flowers turn into a red berry-like fruit.
It tastes pungent and has the kidney-shaped seeds. It is used as an adaptogen because of its medicinal goodness.
It increases your resistance and endurance. Thus, it helps your entire system to perform efficiently. But, this is not it. There is a long list of benefits that it can bring to you. Let us have a look.
Health Benefits Of Schisandra Berries
Schisandra is a powerful natural cure for many disorders. The plant can offer a number of health-enhancing plus points to you. Listed below are the various benefits that Schisandra can fetch for you.
- Schisandra is known for fighting early aging. It is effective in increasing your lifespan.
- This is also renowned for normalizing your blood sugar levels. Thus, it can take care of your diabetes and helps prevent it.
- The rich berries can take care of your blood pressure levels and can cut down high cholesterol.
- It helps in stimulating your immune system.
- Schisandra helps in cell recovery. Thus, it speeds up your recovery after some injury or surgery.
- It is used to treat disease related to your liver. This is due to the properties possessed by this fruit. It helps to prevent your liver against poisons.
- This is also an enhancer when it comes to your respiratory system. It reduces the accumulated mucus during cold and relieves you from coughs.
- People suffering from asthma can also obtain relief from breathing difficulty.
- It can also fight insomnia.
- It works as a pain reliever again nerve pain
- Schisandra can also help your premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- It can take care of your digestive system. If you are facing chronic diarrhea or dysentery then this berry may end up to be of a great help.
- Immense precipitation can also be cured by this.
- Issues like an involuntary discharge of semen and erectile dysfunction can also be cured.
- It can fight physical exhaustion.
- If you are suffering from excessive urination, also in such a case these berries can help you.
- Schisandra can also beat depression, irritation, and memory loss. Schisandra can improve your concentration speed of thinking. Thus, it is known for boosting your mental ability.
- Many people believe Schisandra can improve vision. Mostly, it is seen to treat nearsightedness in children.
- It can protect you against radiation.
- You can also prevent motion sickness with the help of it.
- This will help you to prevent infection.
- The berry is effective in increasing your cellular energy levels.
- The health of your adrenal glands can also be maintained.
- Prevents Mediterranean fever attacks.
- It is known to prevent pneumonia.
It is so true that Schisandra has a bulk of benefits. But, it is not to be forgotten that it can also fetch you few disturbances. Now, that we are well known about the advantages, let us have a look at the negative points.
Side Effects And Precautions
I have always believed that nothing comes out totally safe. It does not matter how much natural may it be, Schisandra also comes with few downsides.
- It can lead you to heartburn.
- It may also upset your stomach.
- You may face a decreased appetite due to this berry.
- Apart from an upset stomach, it can also lead to stomach pain.
- Skin irritations and rashes are also seen to take place.
- It may lead you to allergies and itching.
- Women who are pregnant or lactating should also avoid this berry.
- If you have epilepsy then I would advise you to stay away from this
- In case you are suffering from intracranial pressure also, then avoid this fruit. This is because; it can stimulate your central nervous system and accentuate the problem.
Before you start to consider this fruit as a boon or not, please see a medical practitioner and make sure it is safe for you.Once you have seen your doctor, he/she will tell you about the doses you should take.
Mostly, the doses will depend on your age, health and if you are allergic to things or not. Here, though, I will tell you about a few generalized dosages.
- 1.5 to 6 gram of the fruit can be consumed per day for beating stress.
- About 3.4 of the berry have been used clinically to improve the athletic ability in humans.
- 20 to 30 drops of the alcohol tinctures of the fruit has been prescribed to be given in general.
Schisandra is an adaptogenic herb that is in the form of a berry-like fruit. It can serve you with a vast range of health benefits.
But, since nothing in this world has a cent percent safety, this berry also has a few disadvantages. Make sure you see a doctor before you adopt this fruit in your life.