If you have rough, dry, and hard feet, then you must be surely looking for ways to can super soft feet.
Using some home ingredients is a very effective way to make your feet soft and supple.
The article is all about the home remedies that you can to make your feet soft and supple.
Dryness, improper foot care, nutritional deficiencies, exposure to harsh conditions, and walking barefoot can make your feet hard and dry.
Believe me, the store bought foot creams can give your results only for few hours and at the same time, they charge a bomb. So, my suggestion is to go for natural home remedies to make your skin soft.
A few best ways to make your feet soft are given below:
Home Remedies To Make Your Feet Soft And Fair
This is a specialist in treating dry and cracked heals. It can be used as a moisturizer, and it also has antibacterial properties.
How To Use Honey To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Add one cup of honey to foot tub filled with warm water
- soak your foot in it for around 15-20 minutes.
- Scrubbing can remove any dry or dead skin.
- Do it regularly preferably daily until you make your feet soft and supple.
2. Rice Flour
Rice flour is very useful in exfoliating the skin on your feet. It is an excellent crack heel home remedy that cna remove of the dead skin from your feet.
How To Use Rice Flour To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Take a handful of ground rice. To it add a teaspoon of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Make it into a thick paste by constant stirring.
- If the cracking is extremely dangerous, you can add a tablespoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil.
- Soak your feet for about 10 minutes in warm water and then gently scrub them with this rice flour paste.
- Repeat the process few times a week until you get satisfactory results.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is an excellent natural alternative for skin softening. It also treats different skin related problems particularly for cracked heels, hard skin on toes and ball of the foot.
How To Use Olive Oil To Make Your Feet Soft?
- For best results, apply a thick layer of extra virgin olive oil to your feet before going to bed.
- Blanket your feet with thick socks to abstain from staining your expensive bed sheets.
- Leave the oil overnight to penetrate into your skin.
The acidic nature of lemons makes them very effective in softening the rough skin that leads to cracking.
How To Use Lemon To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Keep your feet soaked in warm water with lemon juice added into it for 15-20 minutes.
- Abstain from using exceptionally hot water, as it can cause your feet to dry out more.
- Use a pumice stone to scrub your cracked skin.
- Wash and wipe your feet clean with a towel.
5. Vegetable Oil
A mixture of vegetable oils (such as olive oil, coconut oil or any hydrogenated vegetable oil) can be used to treat and prevent cracked heels.
How To Use Vegetable Oil To Make Your Feet Soft?
- For best results, apply these oils preferably before going to bed to give sufficient time to oil so as to penetrate your skin completely.
- First, soak your feet in soapy water and scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet thoroughly and wipe it clean. You can apply any vegetable oil of your choice on your heels and soles.
- Before going to sleep apply it and blanket it with socks and leave it overnight.
- Do this regularly until you see any improvement.
6. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, commonly known as Neem or Margosa leaves is an effective remedy for your cracked feet, particularly when they get very itchy and infected. It is a traditionally known way to make your feet soft and supple.
How To Use Indian Lilac To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Make a fine paste of neem leaves and add about three teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- Mix it well. Apply the paste on your heels and leave it for half an hour. Wash your feet with some warm water and remember to wipe it clean.
- Apply the paste on your heels and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash your feet with some warm water and remember to wipe it clean.
7. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil has got many healing properties. It helps to heal and soften the skin of your feet, particularly the cracked heels and the areas where your skin may be broken.
How To Use Lavender Oil To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Soak your feet in warm water with 15-20 drops of lavender oil for 10-20 minutes.
- You can even use this oil for massage by blending 5 to 10 drops of it with a tablespoon of olive oil.
Bananas are one of the cheapest natural alternatives for treating cracked and dry skin of your feet. It is a very good moisturizer.
How To Use Banana To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Mash one ripe banana and make a paste out of it.
- Clean your feet thoroughly and apply the banana paste on your heels.
- Wait for around 15 minutes so that the nourishment could be absorbed by the skin. Then wash your feet with some warm water and in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat this daily for a few weeks.
9. Epsom Salt
An Epsom salt foot soak will help you keep your feet moisturized and thus treat cracked heels. It is also known to improve the circulation of blood.
How To Use Epsom Salt To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Soak your feet for 10 minutes in warm water with a half cup of Epsom salt added to it.
- Use a pumice stone on your heels or any rough areas, but be cautious not to rub too hard. And soak again for 10 minutes.
- Wipe your feet dry and then apply some foot cream to lock the moisture.
10. Sea Salt
Sea salt is particularly useful in getting rid of that dry, rough patches of skin on your feet. It helps in softening your feet and thus eases the process of exfoliation.
- How To Use Sea Salt To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Just soak your feet in salted water for 20-30 minutes, giving enough time to soften your skin.
- Then use a pumice stone to gently scour off the thick skin patches.
Glycerin has powerful skin moisturizing and skin softening properties. Not only this it can help you cure your cracked feet and remove off any dead skin cells from it making your feet soft and shiny.
How To Use Glycerin To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Take around 200 ml of glycerin.
- To it add around 5 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply this mixture daily before going to bed to make your feet soft.
12. Cocoa Butter
This form of butter is the excellent way to keep your feet and body soft. It has a natural oil that helps heal the dry skin.
How To Use Cocoa butter To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Take 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter add 1/2 a teaspoon of honey to it.
- On a double boiler melt the ingredients.
- Once melted apply it to your feet for good 20 minutes.
- Next, wash it off.
- This will make your feet soft instantly anytime you want.
You must be knowing that milk has hydrating and softening properties. it can remove the dead skin cells from your feet and eventually make your feet soft.
How To Use Milk To Get Soft Feet Overnight?
- Fill a small bucket with lukewarm water.
- To it add around 500ml of milk.
- Soak your feet inside it for good 15 minutes.
- Do this every day to make your feet soft.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has properties that can heal dry, cracked skin in no time. A vinegar soak can effectively make your feet soft.
How To Get Soft Feet With Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Fill a bucket with lukewarm water.
- Add 100 ml of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Soak your feet inside it for good 15 minutes.
- Do this every day to make your feet soft.
15. Coconut Oil And Vaseline
Both coconut oil and vaseline have skin hydrating properties. It can retain the moisture and give your skin the essential nutrients too.
How To Get Soft Feet With Coconut Oil & Vaseline?
- take 1 teaspoon of Vaseline.
- To it mix 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture daily before going to bed to make your feet soft.
16. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel has essential amino acids that can soften the feet. The moisturizing effect of aloe Vera keeps the feet soft and smooth.
How To Get Soft Feet With Aloe Vera Gel?
- Pluck a fresh aloe vera leaf. Cut it open and scrub the gel on your feet.
- Alternatively, you can buy Aloe Vera Gel from your beauty store too.
- Leave it as it does it twice a day to make your feet soft.
Avacado contains fatty acids that can quickly heal your dry cracked feet.
How To Use Avacado To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Scoop out the pulp of avocado.
- Add 1 teaspoon of rose water to the pulp.
- Mix them well and apply it to your feet to make it soft and supple.
18. Egg And Lemon
The egg has the essential oils and nutrients to moisturize the skin and keep it healthy. When mixed with lemon it acts as an absolute cleansing agent for your feet.
How To Use Egg Get Soft Feet?
- Break open one egg and add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to it.
- Mix them well and apply it to your feet.
- Leave it for good 10 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Your instant soft feet are ready.
19. Baking Soda
It has the cleansing properties that remove the dirt and dead skin cells from your feet effectively.
How To Use Baking Soda To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Fill half a bucket with lukewarm water.
- To it add 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes and then gently scrub to take out all the dirt and dead skin from it.
Vaseline is good to hydrate the skin and prevent cracking.
How To Get Soft Feet With Vaseline?
- Daily apply vaseline twice a day to keep your feet soft.
21. Coconut Oil
Coconut oils have many nutrients and mineral to keep feet healthy and moisturized. They have skin rejuvenating agents that clear up the skin from inside.
How To Use Coconut Oil To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Daily apply coconut oil twice a day to keep your feet soft.
- Prefer massaging your feet for good five minutes with coconut oil before going to bed for best results.
22. Peppermint Oil
This oil has anti-bacterial properties that can kill any build up infections and remove the dead cells too. It is a good remedy for foot infections too.
How To Use Peppermint Oil To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Apply peppermint oil daily before going to bed on your cracked feet for good results.
23. Sugar As A Scrub
Sugar is a good exfoliating agent which can remove dead skin cells effectively. It can make your skin soft and supple.
How To Use Sugar To Make Your Feet Soft?
- Mix two tablespoon of sugar with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the paste on your feet and scrub it for good 5 minutes.
- Do this every alternate day for soft feet.
24. Trim Your Toenails
Trimming your toenails twice a week can make your soft. It is because the dirt that collects in toenails goes eon other parts of your feet and make it dry and dull. If you trim your toenails daily the dirt won’t collect making your feet soft.
Process To Soften Feet
Here are some remedies for treating the dry skin on your feet:
Start your foot care with a nourishing soak, either during bath or in a basin or a tub doesn’t matter as long as it is clean.
Soak your feet for around 15-20 minutes in warm water with Epsom salt or any foot scrub.
After soaking, you need to get rid of the dry skin patches on the feet.You can help us a pumice stone for this but don’t scrub too hard.
After washing your feet dry it completely and apply a moisturizer, preferably a thick moisturizer that can even penetrate the skin.
Coconut body oil is recommended, even neem or margosa leaves is an effective remedy for your cracked feet.
The skin on your feet is naturally dry as it has no oil glands and is moisturized only by sweat glands. So, it needs to be looked after with some extra care.
You can use coconut oil as a deep moisturizer. Even honey can be a good moisturizer. It is known to enhance the rate of wound healing, and olive oil is an excellent natural alternative for skin softening.
5. Soothe Overnight
For a quicker process for softening your feet, treat them overnight. Before going to sleep apply any moisturizer on your feet of your choice and blanket it with socks.
Leave it overnight to soothe the feet. Do this regularly until you see any improvement.
After you’ve done all the pampering to your feet, they will become softer and more comfortable.
But, now it is important that you maintain them properly. Remember to keep your feet continually moisturized and always clean.
Tips To Keep Them Soft
1. Keep A Check On Your Diet
Drink plenty of water nearly eight bottles a day. This will ensure your body that it is internally moisturized. This will help to protect your skin from dryness.
Have at least one large serving of salad with plenty of carrot, lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes to remove any deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals in the body.
It will help to treat dryness of the feet and make them soft and beautiful.
2. Daily Foot Care Is A Must
- While bathing scrub and wash your feet with a foot scrubber but don’t scrub hard. Be gentle enough to remove the dead and dry skin.
- After bathing while your feet are still moist, apply body lotion to your feet as it spreads easily and will get absorbed faster.
- Wash your feet daily, cut your nails regularly and clean them properly as they may get infected easily.
- And remember to make sure that your feet are always clean, especially after playing any outdoor games such as football.
Soak your feet for 10 minutes in warm water and add a teaspoon of salt for enhanced cleansing action, scrub your feet and wipe with a clean towel. For better results add a little amount of baby oil, coconut or even vegetable oil in the water.
3. Foot Massage
Foot massage helps to prevent wrinkles and treat dry skin. It also helps in stimulating blood circulation and thus keeps your feet soft. Foot massage is known to create a relaxing effect and induces sleep.
You can do a dry massage or apply 1-2 drops of any lotion and massage in a circular motion. Massage each and every toe separately.
Foot exercises are known to stimulate blood circulation and help in treating dryness of the skin. These exercises keep your feet healthy and soft.
4. Home Made Foot Scrub
Make a foot scrub by adding lemon juice to honey as this will provide enough moisture to keep your feet moist. This mixture helps to remove dead skin cells also.
Follow this remedy twice a week for getting good looking feet. One can also add honey to milk and keep feet in it for 10 minutes daily to get rid of dry and crack feet.
5. Get Rid Of All Dead Skin From Your Feet
One way is to file off the dead skin with the help of scrubs etc.
Another is to fill a bowl of warm water and dip your feet in it and relax until all your dead and dry skin is removed.
Tips To Make Your Feet Look Beautiful
- Women can apply nail polish according to the season color to make their feet look more attractive.
- Rub some aloe vera gel gently on your feet. Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants and has moisture that will soothe your skin and make it soft.
This article has covered many home remedies that can help you make your foot soft and beautiful. The wrinkles of your foot, rough and dry skin and those cracked lines of your foot need to go now.
If you have any queries or any experience to share, then feel free to comment below.