Shatavari Kalpa(Asparagus racemose) is known to beneficial in maintaining health female reproductive system, eases bowel movement, boost the immune system, prevents cancer and many more.
How you ever tried and knowing the benefits and uses of this traditional herbal plant Shatavari Kalpa? Its multiple advantages to the human system will surely amaze you!
It is considered to be the best for the natural remedies for an individual body structure. Scroll down to know more about this herb.
What Is Shatavari Kalpa?
Scientifically known as the Asparagus racemose, Shatavari has been used in Ayurveda for centuries. It aids to sustain the reproductive system, especially of women.
Shatavari is the expression used that implies to “A woman who has a hundred husbands.” It is forenamed so as it has been traditionally used as a nourisher for the feminine reproductive organization. It is like a diminutive vine (creeper).
It is also known as the wild asparagus, as it is quite diverse from the asparagus which is commonly used as the vegetable. The rhizomes of Shatavari have numerous therapeutic properties for women.
Asparagus racemosus is a genus of asparagus which is widespread throughout Nepal, Sri-Lanka, and India (Himalayas). They especially ground their roots in the rough and rocky soil.
It is mostly suggested in Ayurvedic for the anticipation and healing of gastric sores and digestive disorders (dyspepsia) and also as a galactagogue. It has been also used for some nervous disorders.
Features Of Shatavari Kalpa
1. Macroscopic Characteristics
- Roots are shredded like and so it appears white in color.
- Its external surface is uneven.
- It tastes like mucilage.
2. Microscopic Characteristics
- Its outer layer possesses brown contents.
- Its cortex is made up of slender walled parenchyma cells.
- The crystals of calcium oxalate are scattered in the cortical cells.
- Its innermost vascular bunch consists of white xylem and phloem constituents.
Material Goods Of Shatavari Kalpa
- It tastes both sweet and bitter.
- It turns into sweet taste after digestion only.
- It possesses the superiority of heaviness, oily, and is unctuous.
- It has cold potency. It balances both Vata and pitta.
The root of Shatavari contains 4 saponin compounds called Shatavari I-VI and sarsasapogenin.
Health Benefits Of Shatavari Kalpa
The nutritious properties of Shatavari are used customarily to sustain a number of systems and function in the body.
- A healthy female reproductive system.
- The vigorous level of breast milk production.
- Maintains already balanced female hormones.
- Supports the male reproductive system as well.
- Provides soothing effect to the digestive tract.
- Healthy peristalsis of bowels.
- Moistening holds up of the respiratory tract.
- Endorses strong energy levels.
- Sustain the immune system.
- Naturally, possesses the antioxidant and anticancer assets.
- Also, it deals with the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause.
Medical Health Uses Of Shatavari Kalpa
- It is used for chronic respiratory disorders like tuberculosis.
- Useful for blood turmoil.
- It can be also used as an anti-aging pill.
- It also helps in improving sperm semen quantity and quality in men.
- It is also helpful in improving an individual’s aptitude.
- It enhances nourishment, hence, it is nutritious.
- As it is good for eyes vision, it is useful even for curing eye disorders.
- It is also utilized during the nasal bleeding, menorrhagia, rectal bleeding, etc.
- It is also useful for abdominal tumors.
- It also alleviates an individual from diarrhea.
- It is used for dropping sweat and is anti-inflammatory.
- It is also used for treating sterility.
Recipe Of Shatavari Kalpa
- 100 gm Shatavari root powder.
- 250 ml of water.
- 400 gm sugar.
- 10 gm cardamom
- Add root powder to the water and boil it till the quantity of water becomes 200 ml.
- Filter this liquid, add sugar to it and again heat it at the low blaze.
- After the blend turns bulky and sticky, putt off the fire.
- Stir the mixture continuously until it becomes coarse in form.
- Store these granules in some jar.
How To Consume? (Dosage)
- Consume these granules in 1-2 tbsp for twice a day that to before two hours of the meal. Continue the same for at least one month.
- It can be consumed in liquid or tablet form.
Uses Of Shatavari Kalpa Recipe
- It boosts the resistance in men and women.
- It is very advantageous for people who require hammering the stress.
- It is also beneficial for an individual who put forth physically in their profession.
- It has the defensive action in the eyes of the people who are into the occupation which comes with an eye nervous tension.
- It aids men in their reproductive health.
- It generally improves all kinds of menstrual troubles in ladies.
- It amplifies the milk production in lactating mothers.
Note: People with high blood sugar may use palm, jaggery in a lesser quantity in this recipe.
Is It Safe To Use Shatavari Kalpa During Pregnancy?
I’ll suggest a consult with an Ayurvedic doctor for taking this during pregnancy.Shatavari Kalpa is known to be beneficial for lactating mother in producing milk.You can take this after the childbirth.It provides many benefits for improving immunity and strength.
Side Effects Of Shatavari Kalpa
- Shatavari possesses the same properties as estrogen, so the woman with elevated estrogen level can face symptoms like breast tenderness.
- It may also lead to the variation in the size of breasts which might be favorable or not to a woman.
- It is not considered safe for the individual with the heart and kidney crisis.
- Some might experience unnecessary weight gain.
Note: Those who are allergic to asparagus will also have the allergic response this herb, so they should kindly avoid consuming Shatavari Kalpa.
The users are advised to check the price and quality of the Kalpa before buying it from the supplier.