In this article, you are going to discover the health benefits, dosage and the side effects of Abhrak Bhasma.
Talking about it, this is a herbal-mineral drug which is prepared from Mica. It is extremely useful in the treatment of asthma, urinary disorders, and skin diseases.
It is known for its penetrating and spreading property in our body and various micro-tissues because of which it helps in tissue restoration.
This medicine is prepared by combining mica with the number of herbs by involving processes like purification, burning and pulverizing.
This medicine also contains trace amounts of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and aluminum. It is also a nervine tonic and is widely used for treating respiratory tract infections. It is known to produce an effect on all the three Doshas in the body.
It provides your body with adequate energy and also has a calming effect on the body.
Ingredients Of Abhrak Bhasma
It commonly is the burnt residue of the mineral mica(biotite).
The synthesis of this product includes treating mica with a combination of herbal water decoctions followed by processes like purification, burning and pulverizing.
During its preparation, the chief ingredient mica is combined with nearly 72 herbs. The juices, saps, and decoctions of these herbs are used in the development of this ayurvedic medicine.
The final product obtained is a very fine powder. If the process is repeated 100 times, then the product is called as Shataputi Abharak Bhasma.
Health Benefits Of Abhrak Bhasma
This is an excellent drug due to its ability to cure a range of ailments. Here is a list of the health benefits of this medicine:
- It is widely used in treating diseases like Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Asthma, and Plague.
- It is an excellent cellular regenerator and a nerve tonic.
- It is also used in treatment for many respiratory tract infections and anemia.
- This drug is also recommended for problems of breathlessness caused due to chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, and even Chest Congestion. Tuberculosis, if is detected at an initial stage then we can cure it entirely using Abhrak Bhasma.
- It can enhance blood circulation in the body and improve the conductivity and tissue tone.
- It is used in the treatment of digestive impairment and Malabsorption syndrome disease.
- This drug is also used to cure diseases like Cough, Cold, Urinary disorders, diabetes and various types of Skin conditions.
- It is an excellent drug for anti-age treatment,anti-hair fall treatment, and rejuvenation treatment.
- It is also helpful in curing sexual disorders such as male and female infertility, erectile dysfunction.
- This drug is also known to increase the sperm count in men.
- This is a known to have haematinic property. Thus it increases the red blood cells(RBCs) count in our veins. It also increases the oxygen carrying capacity of these RBCs.
- It has the ability for tissue restoration. Therefore, it is an excellent cellular regenerator and nerve tonic. It is particularly very useful due to its penetrating and spreading property in the whole body and various micro-tissues.
- It helps you build up your immune system by stimulating the thymus gland to increase the production of T-cell phagocytes, antiviral, antibacterial components which also regulate the growth in your body. It is also beneficial for various types of autoimmune diseases (disallows the formation of antibodies).
- This powder is also known to show the anti-cancer effect of leukemia and also helps in the treatment of breast cancer.
- Abhrak Bhasma is also useful in diseases like anemia and jaundice. It is also known to regulate our metabolic system.
- This medicine benefits in diseases like chronic dysentery, Bells Palsy, stroke paralysis, asthma, Tuberculosis, hepatic dysfunction, and bone marrow depletion.
- This drug is also known to benefit in the treatment of hepatitis and rheumatism. Benefits in azoospermia, pernicious and sickle cell anemia are also known. It is also known for its nervine properties as it is known to protect the myelin sheath of the neuron.
- It strengthens your body, ligaments and is useful against rheumatism and joint pain. It relieves you of the problems related to chronic hyper acidities like stomachache and headache.
Chemical Composition Of Abhrak Bhasma
Abhrak Bhasma Dosage
For adults, the dosage should not be more than 750mg per day of this drug. In children, it should not be more 250 mg per day.
For children below one year: The dosage should not exceed 30mg two times a day.
For children below ten years: The dosage should not exceed 125mg twice a day.
For adults: Take 125 to 375 milligram once or twice in a day or after food, but please remember to consult an ayurvedic doctor and take it after his/her consultation only.
However, traditionally it is administered along with honey, ghee, TriphalaKashaya, Fresh ginger juice extract, Guduchi (Indian Tinospora) decoction, etc.
Please don’t resort to self-medication with this drug; it is to take strictly under medical supervision. Unless taken at a proper dosage it won’t be beneficial and may also prove to be dangerous.
It is observed that if you take this with proper supervision and dosage, then it can turn out to be a wonder drug for you.
Side Effects Of Abhrak Bhasma
This medication is safe to use when prescribed by your doctor during some disease.
But if you consume it daily, then you may experience some side effects, but this is very rare.
It is to be strictly taken under medical supervision as overdosage may cause severe side effects and may also be dangerous in some cases.
Sometimes if you experience that your heartbeat has risen due to its consumption then stop taking this medicine and consult your doctor. You may restart it after some days.
Some of the serious precautions of this ayurvedic formulation are listed below:
- Pregnant and lactating mothers and even children should prefer to avoid this drug unless its very necessary and is prescribed by an ayurvedic doctor.
- And follow exactly as prescribed by the doctor with precise dosage and for the duration as specified.
- Preferably keep it away from the sight of kids and store in a dry and cool place.
- Avoid it in the case of acute bleeding disorders and ulcerative conditions.
But since it undergoes various ayurvedic processes for its preparation, it is entirely suitable to be used provided it is under medical supervision.
These ayurvedic methods make the medicine so elegant that it can enter into various tissues and thus can be easily absorbed by the body.
Abharak Bhasma works like a wonder ayurvedic medicine which is capable of curing numerous ailments without any prominent side effects.
If you have any doubts or questions, please comment below. Have you ever tried this medicine or been prescribed this medicine then write to us about your experience.