A homemade night cream is an effective way to get a beautiful toxin free glowing skin. During the day, you are exposed to a lot of harmful chemicals, pollution, stress, etc. Therefore, during the day, you need a cream containing sunscreen and other anti-pollutant chemicals.
There are a lot of night creams available in the market, but these night creams are high on the pocket and often fail to produce the significant effect.
The best is to make homemade night cream that is entirely natural and safe. During the night our skin needs nourishment. Therefore, night creams are mainly composed of ingredients like cocoa butter and petroleum jelly.
It is important to note that as our skin is exposed to different kind of atmosphere during the day and a different one during the night, therefore the same cream cannot solve the same purpose.
During the day, the skin needs creams that are aimed to protect the skin. During the night, the skin needs moisturization, rejuvenation, regeneration, and recovery.
Now, let’s move on to the ways by which you can prepare your own DIY homemade night cream.
DIY Homemade Night Cream
Let’s take a look at some of the recipes for your perfect night cream.
1. Homemade Night Cream For Winter
In the winter season, your skin tends to get dry and chappy. It happens because you tend to lose moisture from your skin.
A cream that can restore the moisture on your face and at the same times locks it up to prevent dryness is best. A homemade night cream prepared using the right moisturizing ingredients can do easily.
- Take a double boiler stainless steel pan and add almond oil to the boiler. Now add some coconut oil to it.
- Heat the ingredients till both the oil melts. After the oil melts completely add rose water in the mixture.
- Add glycerin. Filter the mixture. The cream is ready. Store it in a container. It is one of the best winter care creams.
2. Natural Night Cream Anti Aging
The aging process of your skin shows signs like wrinkles, fine lines, dullness, and loss of glow. A night cream that fights with these issues and helps to rejuvenate your skin is the most desired.
The DIY homemade night cream uses cocoa butter that fights with the anti-aging process.
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Butter
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil
- Take a double boiler stainless steel pan and add all the ingredients as mentioned above.
- Keep Heating the pan till all the ingredients melts and mixed correctly. Allow the mixture to cool after that.
- Store it in a container and use it to keep your skin wrinkle free throughout winters
3. Night Cream For Glowing Skin
With pollution and exposure to sun rays, your skin tends to gather impurities which in turn makes the skin dull and dark. This particular homemade night cream uses ingredients that removes the impurities and help to restore the glow on your face.
- 1 tablespoon Bee Wax
- 2 tablespoons Aloe Vera
- 2 tablespoons Almond Oil
- 4 tablespoon Rose Water
- 2 tablespoons Green Tea Extract
- Again take a double boiler pan. Add almond oil and bee wax and allow the mixture to boil.
- Let it melt completely and mix properly.
- Remove it from the boiler and immediately add aloe vera and mix it all together.
- After that, you can add rose water, green tea extract, and essential oil. Store the mixture in a container.
4. Night Cream For Combination Skin
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Coconut Oil
- Bee Wax
- 2 Capsules of Vitamin E
- Add Olive oil, coconut oil, and bee wax into a pan and allow the mixture to boil.
- Crush the Vitamin E capsules and mix it into the mixture.
- Store the mixture in a container. It helps in keeping the skin moisturized as well as repairs the skin.
5. Night Cream For Acne
Acne occurs due to clogging of pores by impurities like dirt, bacteria, and excess of oil. Using ingredients that have anticlogging, cleansing, and anti-bacterial properties can show miraculous results for acne.
The ingredients used for this homemade night cream are powerful antibacterial and cleansing agents.
- 4 tablespoons Aloe Vera Extract
- 1 tablespoon Lavender Oil
- 1 tablespoon Primrose Oil
It is prepared just by mixing the above ingredients properly. This one is good for skin prone to acne marks and blemishes. It can be applied daily at night.
6. Homemade Night Cream For Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin then you have to be very careful when choosing the creams. Sensitive skin is more prone to rashes, acne, and redness.
Ingredients like milk, rosewater, and glycerin are mild and gentle to the skin and thus can give you the desired results easily.
- 1 tablespoon Milk Cream
- 3 tablespoons Rose Water
- 2 tablespoons Glycerin
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Blend all the above ingredients to form a smooth paste. It is useful for cleaning and refreshing the skin. It also acts as a good moisturizer.
7. Homemade Night Cream For Combination Skin
- Olive Oil
- Rose Water
- Pieces of Apple
- Mix the pieces of apple and olive oil. Blend it into a paste.
- Heat the mixture on low fire. Add some rose water to it. It can be stored for a week in a refrigerator.
- It helps the skin look young and smooth.
8. Homemade Night Cream For Fairness
Melanin is the main pigment for skin color. With high levels of melanin, the skin becomes dark and vice-versa. This homemade night cream is for fairness which works by reducing the melanin levels and thereby making skin fair.
- 1 tablespoon Sandalwood Powder
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 10 Almonds paste
- 7-10 Saffron Strands
- Blend some soaked almonds to form a paste.
- Mix and combine yogurt, saffron and sandalwood powder with it.
- It lightens the skin. It should be stored in refrigeration.
9.Ayurvedic Night Cream Anti Aging
Ayurveda is a permanent cure for skin conditions. This particular ayurvedic night cream is for anti-aging. It works by reducing the oxidate stress and removing the natural signs of skin aging.
- 4 tablespoons Avocado
- 1 Eggs or 2 tablespoons Yogurt
- Avocado is excellent for skin and has anti-aging properties.
- This cream is prepared by making a paste of avocados and adding eggs or yogurt in it.
- It can be applied twice in a week.
10. Homemade Night Cream For Dry Skin
Dry flaky skin happens when there is a loss of moisture on your face. This problem is prevalent during the winter season.
This homemade night cream is for dry skin, especially in winter season. It works by restoring the normal sebum secretion from your skin.
- 2 tablespoons Almond Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Butter
- 5 tablespoons Rose Water
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- It is prepared by heating almond oil and cocoa butter in a boiler.
- Add rose water and honey after that. It is good for treating dry skin.
- Before applying any night cream, it is very important that the face should be clean.
- Lukewarm water is best to wash the face at night. Remove all the makeup completely before applying any night cream.
11. Homemade Night Cream For Youthful Skin
A youthful skin is a well-nourished healthy skin. This particular homemade night cream is for a young looking skin. It works by nourishing your skin, providing it the required nutrients, and causing the growth of new skin cells.
- Peeled apple pieces
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of rose
- Take slices of apple along with olive oil and make a paste out of it.
- Heat the mixture on low flame for good 15 minutes.
- When heating keeps adding rose water to it.
- Cool the cream fill it in a container and refrigerate it.
- Using it daily before going to bed for best results.
12. Homemade Night Cream For Pigmentation
This night cream formulation is best for removing the dark patches from your skin. If you are suffering from dark deep pigments, suntan, and blemishes you can use this cream.
It works by lightening the skin from inside and causing the growth of new skin cells that will automatically remove off the pigmented area.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of evening primrose oil
- Heat s shea butter in an open pan on low flame. Heat it until it completely melts.
- To the heated butter add the evening primrose oil.
- Stir the ingredients well and transfer it into a container.
- Store the cream in an airtight container and use it before going to bed daily.
13. Homemade Night Cream For Oily Skin
Orange is nutrient-rich food that does wonder for oily skin. It has loads of Vitamin C that can moisturize your face and gives your skin the required nourishment at all times.
- 2 oranges peel (skin)
- Few drops of orange oil
- 2 tablespoons petroleum jelly
- 2 teaspoons glycerine
- In a blender take the 2 orange peels. To it add few drops of orange oil along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend it until you make a face pack with a creamy consistency
- Transfer the ingredients in an airtight container and apply the cream before going to bed.
- You can store it for two weeks in an air-tight container.
14. Homemade Night Cream For Soft Supple Skin
For soft skin, you need to keep your face hydrated and nourished. This homemade night cream has ingredients which will keep your skin hydrated till the inner layers. It also works for acne-prone skin, dull skin, and flaky skin.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Few strands of saffron
- In an open pan, add clarified butter along with the honey. Heat it on a slow flame for five minutes.
- Next, add the saffron strands to it.
- Stir continuously to make a creamy mixture.
- Apply it on your entire face for good 20 minutes, if you want you can wash off your face with water after 20 minutes.
- Do this daily and prefer preparing a fresh homemade night cream
15. Homemade Night Cream For Scars
Scars develop in the outer layer of the skin. Using ingredients that remove this outer layer and give a new layer on top of this can effectively reduce scars on your face or any part of the body. The homemade night crema has skin-lightening ingredients to help you get rid of your scars.
- ¼ teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 1 teaspoon Rosewater
- One teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Fuller’s Earth Clay
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix them well until you get a creamy consistency. You can add more rose water if you wish too.
- Apply the paste on entire face and let it sit for 20 minutes. If you wish you can leave the pack overnight.
- Prefer preparing this pack daily for best results.
16. DIY Homemade Night Cream For Skin Rejuvenation
Skin rejuvenates when all the dead skin cells are removed and new skin cells star growing. It is very important to prevent aging of the skin.
- 1 tablespoon tea tree oil
- 2 tablespoon petroleum jelly
- Take a double boiler to add petroleum jelly. Slowly and slowly add the tea tree oil to it.
- Mix the ingredients well and transfer it to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate it and use it before going to be daily.
A Word Of Caution
These homemade night creams are extremely safe and natural. In no way it can harm your skin but when used in right proportions. I have tried and tested these creams before suggesting it to you. Believe me, I got fantabulous results.
Nevertheless, if you get a skin rash, your skin becomes red, or your face starts itching after application of the cream wash your face immediately.
It occurs when you are allergic to a particular ingredient. It is a kind of allergic reaction indicating that you have an allergy to the ingredients used in the cream.
In such cases, wash your face with a mild soap and discontinue the use of that particular homemade cream. Don’t get disheartened try of another homemade cream mentioned above. However, this kind of reaction occurs one in millions and is just temporary lasting for a few minutes.
As our body needs rest and healing at night, the same is needed by the skin. Night creams support this process and help you stay young and beautiful. Try these simple homemade creams at home and get a glowing and nourished skin at all times.