It is enough to have hemorrhoids once in your lifetime. You cannot even think about the nightmares of the hemorrhoids to experience once again.
Unfortunately, this disaster happens in some of the cases. The hemorrhoids come back and this time with more worsen conditions.
Actually, hemorrhoids are always there in our rectal area. They become uncomfortable when they show some symptoms like swelling, itching, burning sensation, or pain because of several factors.
In the primary stage, you can cure the hemorrhoids by following some home remedies. Sometimes they become so unbearable that you need a surgery to remove them. But in both the cases, after-care is very important.
Why Hemorrhoids Come Back?
Lots of reasons are responsible for the coming back of hemorrhoids. And it happens only because of your irresponsibility towards the aftercare of them.
The return of hemorrhoids may be related to the post-lifestyle or the post-medical conditions of the previous ones. Another reason may be not to follow the home remedies properly without proper knowledge.
Let’s have a look at the possible reasons in brief.
The reason no 1:
Post-Lifestyle Of Hemorrhoids
Definitely, your doctor would have warned you to maintain a healthy lifestyle after the treatment of hemorrhoids. It does not matter whether the treatment was of a surgical or non-surgical one.
If the treatment was related to home remedies, you must have to follow some particular habits not to aggravate or reoccur the hemorrhoids.
But it happens sometimes that you do ignore these warnings or diet rules and unfortunately, the hemorrhoids come back.
The reason no 2:
Post-Medical Conditions Of Hemorrhoids
The post-medical treatment of the hemorrhoids also related to following some good dietary habits and anal hygiene along with a healthy lifestyle. Your doctor must have given you some tips and ideas to follow all these post-medical treatment rules. When you ignore the advice of your doctor undoubtedly a reoccurrence of hemorrhoids happen.
How To Prevent Them To Come Back Again?
It is always better to prevent the return of hemorrhoids than to face it once again. As we have discussed prior that you must follow the advice and rules of your doctor after the removal of hemorrhoids. Let’s take a brief idea of all these after-cares concerned with hemorrhoids.
1. A Healthy Eating Habit
You must have an idea that constipation is the main cause of hemorrhoids. After the removal or treatment of the hemorrhoids, they become weaker than before.
Thus there are chances of the comeback of the hemorrhoids if constipation continues. After a hemorrhoid treatment, a healthy elimination is very important.
Therefore you must follow a healthy dietary habit to minimize the risk of the returning of hemorrhoids which include:
- Foods rich in fiber are the most important part of a healthy diet to soften your stool and make it easy to pass.
- You must take 20-30 grams of fiber every day such as broccoli, beans, whole grain, oatmeal, carrots, bran, and lots of fresh fruits.
- Eating of these foods on a daily basis will provide you with an easy and strain-free bowel movement in the next morning.
- You must drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day to soften your stool. You can add some juices or beverages as well.
- Always try to finish your dinner 2 hours before going to bed. It will provide sufficient time for your digestive system to digest the foods completely.
- After the 1st treatment or removal of the hemorrhoids, you must avoid the spicy foods completely. It may aggravate your piles to reoccur again.
- It is best to avoid the fast foods also. They are the main cause of constipation.
2. Good Anal Hygiene
Follow-up of a good anal hygiene after the hemorrhoid treatment is as important as the healthy diet. A healthy rectum keeps you safe from another chance of having hemorrhoids.
- Never ignore or delay an urge to a bowel movement. Otherwise, a little straining to pass the stool can cause the hemorrhoids to come back again.
- After the treatment of hemorrhoids, a regular sitz bath is very necessary. You must make it a daily routine for at least 3-4 months. It will not let your rectal veins to get swollen again.
- You must continue the application of hemorrhoid ointments prescribed you by your doctor.
- Always keep your anal area moist free. Wipe the area with the hemorrhoid wipes after each bowel movement.
- After a hemorrhoid treatment, it is recommended to sit on the pillows or cushions specially made for them. Never sit on hard surfaces. Otherwise, it will aggravate your hemorrhoids once again.
- Never keep the anal area dry. A lubricated rectum is a great obstacle for the coming back of piles after a treatment.
3. Regular Exercise
Regular exercise after the removal of hemorrhoids:
- Increases the blood circulation around your anus which helps you to have a regular and push-free bowel movement.
- Reduces pressure on your veins by strengthening them.
- Increases the muscle contraction in your colon which does not allow constipation.
Let’s know about the types of exercises you need after a hemorrhoid treatment to prevent yourself from another one.
- Walking is a light and easy exercise which you can do on a regular basis to avoid the reoccurrence of hemorrhoids.
- You must follow 20 minutes of a walking regime to keep your rectal muscles strong and contract.
- It will let your foods to absorb more water which softens your stool by eliminating constipation.
- Kegel exercise is a process in which you have to contract the anal muscles slowly and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Initially, you must complete 5 sets of this exercise in a day.
- If you feel it comfortable you can repeat the process as desired.
- The kegel exercise prevents the hemorrhoids to be swollen and enlarged by strengthening them.
Standing On Toes
Standing on toes is a recommended by the physicians to treat and prevent the hemorrhoids. In this process,
- You have to stand up straight on your toes.
- Now lift your hands straight over your head and hold for 5-6 seconds.
- Now bend yourself towards the floor remaining in this position.
- This exercise will lift the muscles of your anal sphincter and will make them strong.
- Repeat this process 2-3 minutes several times in a day.
Yoga is an ultimate solution for the hemorrhoids not to come back again. It makes your whole body fit and fine along with your rectal sphincter. You have to practice the asana like:
- Sarvanga Asana
- Matsya Asana
- Viparita Karani
- Child’s pose
- Garland Pose
A healthy and active lifestyle always keeps you away from any diseases related to your digestive system. Hemorrhoids are one of them. Once you have experienced the painful condition of hemorrhoid you cannot think about it once again.
Here, in this article, we have given you certain rules and regulations which may or may not be suitable for you. It is recommended to follow any of the suggestions given here after consulting with your doctor. The exercises and yoga asana should be practiced under the verification of a trained practitioner.