Periods are the natural gift to every girl and women. Well, most of the girls and women find it like a curse. Periods are the natural biological phenomenon of your body that repeats its cycle after every 28 – 32 days. And normal period duration is 3- 7 days.
But most of the girls and women don’t like having periods every month. Due to the pain and feeling of discomfort associated with it. In fact, some women want not to have their periods for forever.
Well, it sounds like a dream comes true for most of the women and girls. But you should not look its brighter side only because it has its darker side also.
If you are at the stage of menopause then periods will create some problem. When you have your periods for the first time then it may be annoying you. You may want to stop it. But again it may give you comfort for only 2- 3 months after stopping your periods. And then it will create a lot of problems and severe side effects to your body.
Furthermore, when women are facing problems of heavy bleeding they also want to get rid of periods.At this stage, you should consult to doctor before treating your periods by your own. Because a single meeting with your doctor can change your view for periods. And also doctor will help you better to find the solution of your problem.
I will tell you home remedies that will help you in stopping your periods. These remedies are equally effective for curing heavy bleeding during your periods. Furthermore, I will tell you about the side effects that may occur when you stop your periods.
Table of Contents
Why Do You Want To Stop Your Periods?
Well, there are various reasons for which each girl and women want to stop their periods. The reason may differ from person to person. Few of reasons I am discussing with you.
- Maybe you want to stop periods due to pain and discomfort associated with it.
- It may also be due to excessive bleeding during your periods. This stage is also called Menorrhagia.
- Menstrual cramps is another reason for which many women want to stop their periods.
- Heavy bleeding and abdominal pain during periods affect strength and health of women.
- Excessive bleeding can make you anaemic and hence harms your health.
Hence due to these problems many women want to end or stop their periods.
Home Remedies To Stop Your Periods
If you want to stop the heavy bleeding during your periods then you should try these natural home remedies.
Moreover, instead of stopping your periods you can also regulate them by these home remedies. These remedies are equally effective in regulating your heavy periods.
Furthermore, you should consult a doctorr before starting any treatment to stop your periods. Because it will let you know whether it will be safe for you in future or not.
- It is rich in antioxidants and fibres and hence reduces excessive bleeding during periods.
- It also decreases the cholesterol level of your body. And also keeps you away from heart and cancer diseases.
- Take 4-5 pieces of a dry plum and 8- 10 pieces of a tamarind. And soak it in 500 ml of water for overnight.
- Take out the seeds and mash the mixture. Also, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of honey in it and mix it well.
- Drink it early morning before having breakfast.
- Drink it for every day 4 to 5 days.
2. Orange Juice
- It will help you in reducing heavy bleeding during periods.
- Take a glass of fresh orange juice and add 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice in it.
- Drink the mixture for 4-5 times in a day.
- The vitamin C present in lemon and orange will help you in reducing the symptoms of heavy bleeding.
3. Coriander Seeds
- This is another effective home remedy to stop your periods.
- Take 2 tablespoons coriander seeds and boil it with the glass of water.
- Let the mixture cool down and then drink it.
- You can also boil coriander leaves in a ½ litre of water. When the quantity of water reduces to ½ then add sugar to it.
- Now drink it.
- Take this tea for 3-4 times in a day to stop bleeding.
4. Gooseberry Juice
- It is effective for various health related problems.
- Take gooseberry and mint juice and mix it in the yoghurt. Mix it well and consume it.
- You should eat it every day.
- It is the most effective remedy to stop menstrual bleeding.
- Take fresh apple and broccoli juice and mix it well.
- You should drink 4-5 glasses of this mixture every day.
- It is another natural home remedy to stop heavy bleeding during your periods.
- Take the pulp of the pumpkin and leave it to dry at the room temperature.
- After that grind it in the grinder and add some sugar to it.
- Consume this mixture with milk or yoghurt every day.
- This will definitely help you to cure your problem.
7. Areca Nut
- Take 2 glasses of water and boil it with the 5 or 6 areca nuts.
- Boil it until the quantity of water reduces to the 1 glass.
- Now let the mixture cool and then drink it.
- Drink this mixture for 2 times in a day.
8. Cold Compress
- It is also another effective home remedy to stop excessive bleeding during your periods.
- Take ice packs or ice cubes and place it on your abdomen.
- Keep it for at least 20 minutes.
- This herb is effective in preventing heavy bleeding and also avoids blood clotting.
- Take 1 tablespoon sage and boil it with a cup of water. Boil it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drink it.
10. Chamomile Tea
- It is another effective natural home remedy to treat menstrual bleeding and also menstruation cramps.
- Prepare this tea by boiling a cup of water. And then add chamomile leaves in it.
- Boil it for at least 4 minutes.
- Strain it and then drink.
- It helps in curing your period’s problems.
- You should drink a glass of parsley juice every day.
- You can add parsley to the carrot juice and drink it every day.
- It will help you in preventing excessive bleeding during your periods.
12. Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera is effective in curing almost every health problems.
- It is also helpful for treating excessive bleeding during your menstruation cycle.
- You should drink Aloe Vera juice everyday to prevent heavy bleeding.
13. Banana Flower
- It is another effective remedy to cure heavy bleeding during your periods.
- Take banana flower with curd every day early in the morning.
- It increases the progesterone levels in your body and hence reduces heavy bleeding.
Benefits Of Stopping Your Periods
Here I am telling you some benefits of skipping or stopping your periods.
- Reduces heavy bleeding.
- Less pain with the monthly bleeding.
- Lesser PMS symptoms.
- Reduced endometriosis, menstrual migraines, and acne.
- Lesser pre-menopausal symptoms like night sweat, irregular monthly periods and hot flashes.
- A feeling of well-being
Tips And Tricks
- Have some pumpkin seeds, potatoes molasses, and apricots. It will help you in preventing deficiency of iron due to heavy bleeding during your periods.
- Take some manganese enriched foods like watermelon, sesame seeds, and oats and much more.It will help you reducing excessive bleeding.
- Take a proper sleep of 7 – 8 hours every day. Because sleeplessness will create more problems.
- Avoid heavy weight lifting during your periods.
- Don’t consume ginger during your periods because it makes your blood thin. And hence results in heavy bleeding during your periods.
Side Effects Of Stopping Your Periods
As I told your periods are the anatural phenomenon of your body. And you know disturbing natural process always creates side effects and same is the case with periods.
I am not scaring you but you should know each aspect of stopping your periods.
- Blood clotting.
- Breast tenderness.
- Heavy bleeding during periods instead of stopping it.
- Risks are more severe for women who smoke. The risks involved are-Heart attack, Blood clotting and sometimes death.
Hope the above- mentioned information is useful for you.