If you want to make your periods come faster then, then you should try home remedies.
There can be various reasons to induce a period like going to a party, a special occasion, irregular periods, or planning for pregnancy.
The reason for inducing period may differ, but it’s a better option from delaying it. Because stopping period causes severe side effects and inducing a period before the expected date is safer.
The home remedies of getting periods early are better than any pill as they are safe and side-effect free.
Now, let’s move on in detail with the ways to bring your periods faster.
Is It Possible To Induce Period To Come Early?
Most of you may be unaware of the fact that you can make your periods come soon. Because most of you know better how to delay periods.
Nevertheless, there are few effective ways to bring your periods faster. All these ways are completely natural and would surely not affect your health or future menstrual cycle.
It is because these are some natural herbs or ingredients that work on your body system in the most natural way.You can carry them out anywhere and at anytime.
Home Remedies To Make Your Periods Come Faster
The natural homemade remedies will help you in making your periods come faster are listed below in detail.
Papaya is a well-known home remedy to make your periods come soon. It does so, by providing excessive heat to your body.The component carotene present in papaya stimulates the estrogen hormone and brings contractions in the uterus which further induce an early period.
Just eat half a cup of the bowl of papaya or a glass of papaya juice twice a day for the desired results.
Carrots are rich in carotene. So, it will increase the estrogen secretion in the body and thus will help you to get your periods. Moreover, this will not only induce period but also eliminate irregular periods if any.
You can eat fresh carrots or drink carrot juice for 2-3 times every day.
3. Sesame Seeds
These seeds are the best remedy for any kind of menstruation issues1. It consists of hormone balancing compounds to bring periods faster. An increase in the level of hormones would automatically bring period faster. Moreover, if you take them regularly it can regulate your periods and improve your reproductive health too.
- You should eat 1 teaspoonful of sesame seeds along with jaggery.
- Carry out this remedy within 15 days of the expected date of your period.
- Additionally, take a teaspoonful of sesame seeds with warm RO purified water 2 times a day for better results.
4. Carom Seeds
Carom seeds bring about smooth muscle relaxation and increase the estrogen level of the body and thus brings early period. Not only this, if you intake carrom seeds during your menstruation days it can relieve your stomach cramping too.
- You should drink carom seed decoction to make your periods come soon.
- Soak a teaspoon of carom seeds overnight.
- Next day in the morning drink the same water in which you soaked the seeds.
This is yet another effective remedy. It works on the estrogen and progesterone levels to bring periods faster 2.
Pineapple works in two different ways to help you get your periods early. It sheds the uterus lining and speeds up the process of the menstruation. It also heats up your body which further helps in getting periods early.
Eat a bowl of pineapple or pineapple juice daily for the initial 15 days for desirable results.
7. Vitamin C
The vitamin C can elevate estrogen levels and lower progesterone levels.3This, in turn, causes your uterus to contract and the lining of the uterus to break down, eventually causing early periods. The citrus fruits like guava, lemon, pomegranate, lime, and orange are rich in vitamin c which helps in the contraction of the uterus.
- You have to take these fruits in a juice form or raw.
- You may take the juices of strawberry and pineapple to get the desired result.
- The vegetables like tomatoes, broccoli, and spinach also help a lot.
8. Increase Body Heat
Increase your body heat to make your periods come soon 4. To do so, you can take a hot bath or use heating pads and hot packs. Increasing your body heat helps in relaxing your abdominal muscles.It also promotes dilation of blood capillaries and thus triggering the shedding of uterine linings.
9. Castor Oil And Hot Water Bag
This oil provides heat to your body and thus can help you to get your cycle early. Castor oil has the ability of proper blood circulation to the ovaries and uterus to soften the scar tissues and keep your reproductive health at par.You can easily find these two products in your home which can give you an immediate period. To get the result within two days, you have to do the following
- Moisten a cloth with castor oil. Place it on your low abdomen.
- Place the hot water bag on the cloth. Rest it there for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times in a day.
Ginger is a natural remedy for getting your periods faster 5. It does so by causing uterine contractions. Researches also suggest that it is also helpful in relieving pre-menstrual symptoms.It is unpleasant to eat raw so, you can opt for ginger tea twice or thrice a day.
The recipe for the same is as follows.
- It is the easiest way to get a quick result.Take 3 to 4 spoons of grated ginger.
- Put them in 2 cups of water in a bowl and boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink it sip by sip when it is hot.
- You may add honey, parsley, basil or lemon to make it tasty.
Parsley contains some substances like apiol and myristicin which helps to stimulate and contract the uterus. Since long time parsley is used to induce menstruation.6
- Take some fresh parsley leaves and make juice in the grinder.
- Add a spoon of black pepper in a glass of parsley juice.
- Add some lemon juice to it and drink early in the morning on an empty stomach.
12. Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds can induce menstruation with the emmenagogue properties present in it. It means it increase the menstrual flow and in a way will also get your periods early.
- Take two spoons of coriander seeds and 2 cups of water. Boil the both till the water remains half.
- Wait until the mixture becomes lukewarm. Drink the whole water with the seeds.
- Repeat it three times in a day until you get the result.
13. Fenugreek Seeds
These seeds are known to increase the heat of your body which in turn makes your period comes early7. The fenugreek concoction can also save you if you had recent intercourse and missed the period.
- Take three spoons of fenugreek seeds and soak in a glass of water overnight.
- Boil the mixture in the next morning till it becomes sticky and thicker.
- Strain and intake it immediately. Repeat it in the next morning also.
- You will get a definite result within two days.
Asafoetida is a herb which used in Indian recipes in a large. It helps to release the hormone known as progesterone which aids in the proper functioning of the reproductive organs in females. It has some warming properties to bring an early menstrual period.
- You have to take mix a pinch of asafoetida with water.
- Have this early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Repeat it every morning until you get your periods. You may get the result in 5 days.
15. Cotton Root Bark
This herb works by stimulating the release of the hormone Oxytocin in women which causes childbirth. To get an early period you have to do the following.
- Cut some dried root in pieces. Add the pieces in a cup of hot water.
- Leave the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, strain the mixture and take the syrup two times in a day.
16. Soy Milk
Soy milk has a moderate amount of estrogen. So, its consumption will not only induce period but also abolish any irregularity of the menstrual cycle 8.
You can take it at any time of a day from 2 to 3 times to get the desired result. It is the best option for the vegans.
It is otherwise known as Dong Quai. It has the abilities to induce early period by stimulating the uterine contraction which further leads to the onset of menstruation9.
You have to consume it regularly within 14 days before your actual date for desirable results.
18. Omega-3 Fatty Acid
Some fishes like Tuna and Salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which helps to induce an early period. The thiamine present in it helps to release estrogen in your body. Higher levels of estrogen ultimately cause the uterine wall to shed and start periods.
- Take 250gms of Tuna or Salmon fish in your lunch or dinner for five days to get the result.
- You can take it in a baked form or a fried form.
- Take some brown rice with it to get the best and early result.
19. Drumstick Tree
Almost all parts of this tree are helpful to induce an early period.10The leaves, flowers, and the sticks contain a significant amount of Vitamin C, vitamin A, and Iron to avoid pregnancy. They all contain estrogens and alpha-sitosterol to get an early period11.
- Take 1 cup of drumstick leaves and extract the juice from it. Drink it early in the morning.
- Take a stick and boil it with water by adding some turmeric and salt.
- Consume it on an empty stomach.
- Take a cup of flowers and boil in water, Strain, and drink.
- Follow any one of them out of three days to get best results.
Note: Strictly avoid if you have a problem with low blood pressure.
20. Radish Seeds
Radish seeds have the appropriate properties to induce an early period. They have the compounds to start the onset of menstruation and also restrict pregnancy.
- Take some radish seeds and 3 tablespoons milk or butter.
- Make a thin paste and consume 3 to 4 spoons of the paste twice in a day until you get the period.
Dates have the properties to aerate heat in your body to induce an early period. Excess of heat in the body causes the uterine wall to shed and start bleeding12.
Consume a handful of dates daily to start your periods early.
Taking celery is one of the safest and natural remedies recommended by the doctors to induce an early period. It helps in the stimulation of blood circulation to your Uterus and Pelvis13.
- Take a handful of fresh celery. Make juice in the grinder.
- Add some pepper to taste. Drink it twice in a day.
23. Jaggery And Sesame Seeds
Jaggery has the warming effects of regulating the menstrual cycle whereas sesame seeds have the properties to balance the needed hormones in your body to induce an early period.
- Take a handful of seeds. Dry them properly and roast without using any oil.
- Add one tsp jaggery in it and make a fine powder.
- Intake 1 tsp of this powder in an empty stomach daily to get the desired result.
- Take half a tsp of cinnamon powder and mix it in 1 glass of warm milk.
- Drink it daily until you get the result.
- You can increase the dosage by sprinkling the powder on your dishes.
- You can chew the sticks and also can add it to your tea.
25. Indian Wormwood
It is a leafy plant looks like parsley. Though it is a useful remedy to get early periods it has some adverse effects on your body. Extra dosage may cause renal problems.16
- You must avoid this if you have issues in your kidney.Take some dried leaves.
- Wash them properly. Crush it with your palms and drink with water.
- Take this dose only for two days twice daily.
It is otherwise known as Pennyroyal. Since ancient times it is used as a remedy to get an early period and solve issues like irregular or missed menstrual periods, obstructed menses and early menopause.It works by promoting the production of estrogen which triggers menstruation thus ensuring improved uterine and sexual health.17
- Take some dried bits of spearmint.
- Add in your hot tea and drink it.
- Start with a minimum dosage to avoid any adverse effects.
27. Blue And Black Cohosh
Both the herbs are quite same instead of their color difference. They stimulate the release of Oxytocin on your body to induce an early period.18
- Take some dried cohosh in a bowl.
- Add some hot water to make tea.
- Strain and take it 2 to 3 times a day.
- But don’t maximize the dosage above 4 cups in a day.
28. The Pulpit Root
It is one of the most potent remedies to get an early period and in avoiding pregnancy. It can prevent conception up to 1 week after the last intercourse as it has emmenagogue properties.
- Take some roots of the pulpit.
- Add in water and mix thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture and drink twice in a day on an empty stomach.
29. Smart Weed Leaves
Smartweed herbs found growing all over the world. There are three components present in it known as Rutin, Quercetin, and Gallic Acid which disrupts the uterine wall and thus induce the period.
- Take 4 ounces of fresh weed leaves and add 4 cups of water.
- Boil the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain and drink a cup of it twice daily until you get the period.
There are two components present in Rue known as Rutin, and Pilocarpine. Both the properties are best to induce an early period. It is the best abortifacient also.19
- Take 2 tsp of herb in a bowl. Pour 2 cups of hot water over it.
- Rest the mixture a minute to become warm.
- Strain and drink the tea 2 to 3 times in a day.
Thistles is a common flowering plant use din Ayurveda to stop menstrual irregularities and bring about an early onset of periods.
- Take a thistle plant and put it in a bowl of boiling water.
- Let the herb be in the bowl until it develops a bitter taste.
- Strain the water and drink it twice in a day until you get the period.
Side Effects Of Inducing Periods Earlier
The natural homemade remedies to induce a period are almost side-effect free. However, you should follow a few guidelines before starting the process
- If you are inducing your periods earlier, then be cautious as they can cause allergic reactions.
- When using Vitamin C to start periods be careful high consumption of vitamin C can cause hemorrhage.
- It might slightly increase your body weight, nausea or cause a headache.
Precautions To Taking While Inducing Periods
- If you are on regular medication, consult the doctor before using any remedy to induce periods.
- Also, consume less quantity of vitamin C as it may lead to severe side effects.
- Always take the recommended dosage don’t go in lesser or higher amounts.
- Also, avoid intake of ingredients from which you are allergic.
- If you face any discomfort or issues immediately discontinue the use and required to consult a doctor.
Menstruation cycle is a natural biological phenomenon of your body. So it’s better to avoid any changes in these natural functions.
Nevertheless, if you wish to make a few changes in your menstrual cycle you can. Induce your periods early only when necessary. Because unnecessary changes can lead to severe side effects. So it’s better to avoid it.
Moreover, never opt for medication to induce your period as they harm your reproductive health. Instead, go with any of the above mentioned natural ways to induce your periods early.
There are few exercises to induce period too that you accompany with these natural remedies to get desirable results.
Also Read Posts
|↑1||Pastore L. Home remedies used during pregnancy. The Cochrane Library 2000;3: 529|
|↑2||Price WA, Giannini AJ (1983). “Binge eating during menstruation”. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 44 (11): 431|
|↑3||Davidson LS, Fullerton HW, Howie JW, Croll JM, Orr JB, Godden W. Vitamin C and the Menstrual Function. 1940 Oct; 9(2): 117-122|
|↑4||Hensel H. Thermoreception and temperature regulation. Academic Press: London, 1981|
|↑5||Mabina MH, Pitsoe SB, Moodley J. The effect of traditional herbal medicines on pregnancy outcome. S Afr Med J 1997;87: 1008–1010|
|↑6||Blumenthal M, Goldberg A, Brinckmann J. Herbal Medicine Expanded Commission E Monographs. Newton : Integrative Medicine Communications, 2000.|
|↑7||Younesy S, Amiraliakbari S, Esmaeili S, Alavimajd H, Nouraei S. Effects of fenugreek seed on the severity and systemic symptoms of dysmenorrhea. 2014 Jan;15(1):41-8|
|↑8||Julia R. The Science of Soy: What Do We Really Know. 2006 Jun; 114(6)|
|↑9||Wei WL, et al. . Angelica sinensis in China — A review of botanical profile, ethnopharmacology, phytochemistry, and chemical analysis. 2016.|
|↑10||Goyal BR, Agrawal B, Goyal RK, Mehta AA. Phyto-pharmacology of Moringa oleifera Lam.o An overviewNat Prod Radiance. 2007;6(4):347–353|
|↑11||Moilanen J, Aalto AM, Hemminki E, Aro AR, Raitanen J, Luoto R. Prevalence of menopause symptoms and their association with lifestyle among Finnish middle-aged women. Maturitas. 2010;67:368–374|
|↑12||Sweet, M. G., Schmidt-Dalton, T. A., Weiss, P. M., & Madsen, K. P. (2012). Evaluation and management of abnormal uterine bleeding in premenopausal women. American Family Physician, 85, 35–43.|
|↑13||Ernst E. (2002). Herbal medicinal products during pregnancy. Are they Safe|
|↑14||Molouk J. et al. The Effect of Cinnamon on Menstrual Bleeding and Systemic Symptoms With Primary Dysmenorrhea. 2015 Apr; 17(4).|
|↑15||de Souza A, da Costa Mendieta M, Hohenberger G, Silva M, Ceolin T, Heck R. Menstrual cramps: A new therapeutic alternative care through medicinal plants. sci res. 2013;5(7):1106–9.|
|↑16||Brevoort P. The booming US botanical market: a new overview. Herbalgram 1998;44: 33–48.|
|↑17||Grant P.Spearmint herbal tea has significant anti-androgen effects in polycystic ovarian syndrome. A randomized controlled trial. 2010 Feb;24(2):186-8|
|↑18||Betz JM, Anderson L, Avigan MI, Barnes J, Farnsworth NR, Gerdén B, et al. Black cohosh: considerations of safety and benefit. Nutr Today 2009;44:155-62.|
|↑19||Godfrey, E. M., Folger, S. G., Jeng, G., Jamieson, D. J., & Curtis, K. M. (2013). Treatment of bleeding irregularities in women with copper-containing IUDs: A systematic review. Contraception, 87(5), 549–566. Retrieved August 2, 2016|