Are you interested in learning about the marma points of Ayurveda? In old times marma points were considered as energy points in the body.
Marma points are the pathway which leads to radical transformation in the body. They have the potential to bring about the change which has the potential to cure a long-term disease.
They can revert the damage caused to the body either physically or emotionally and many more. A proper stimulation (appropriate pressure) of these marma points which are present all over the body can give us the exact results that we want.
It may help to heal deep psychological wounds which may have been hurting us from very long. So let’s explore the benefits of these marma points which can be activated by proper stimulation, otherwise also known as marma therapy.
Marma is nothing but those points in the body which contains highly concentrated energy or the life force. They are part and parcel of the said, chakra or something called the flow of life.
The marma therapy is aimed at removing those energy blocks that we have created because of unnecessary thoughts, bad habits or various other reasons.
The therapy is extensively customized for the individual needs and doshas. You should do the therapy from a therapy expert. So you can say the sole aim of the marma therapy is to gain back the natural flow of prana. So, don’t interpret this as a mere physical therapy.
By putting accurate pressure on the marma points with the help of suitable, appropriate herbs and essential oils, an increased energy flow or prana can be generated in the body. This energy can change the biochemistry of the body and can bring many radical changes.
The change can be felt in the form of happiness, a sigh of relief, feeling light, etc. Along with Marma therapy, you can also do abhyanga if you desire so.
Some Of The Benefits Of Marma Therapy Massage Are
- Reduction of toxic level in the body
- Improves digestion
- Balances the excess doshas
- Can help in arthritis
- Releases any nerve pain
- Gives a sense of relaxation
The concept of marma is very simple. If you give a massive blow to the marma points, it can be life threatening whereas a controlled pressure can lead to extensive healing.
Procedure Of Marma Ayurvedic Facial Massage
First, you should sit straight, don’t bend your spine. You can keep a mirror in front of you so as to check whether the postures of your hand are proper or not.
- Start from the third eye which is situated slightly above the nose bridge. While breathing out apply firm pressure on that point till the count of 7. Now you can reduce the amount of pressure for the count of 5 while you are breathing in. Do this for three times. Let’s call this as the 7-5-7-5-7-5 approach.
- Imagine a point on the eyebrow above the center of the eye. Now imagine a line between this point to the hairline on the top. Put the ring finger on the eyebrow point, index finger on the hairline point and the middle finger in between them. Follow the same 7-5-7-5-7-5 approach.
- Press the edge of your eyebrow sockets properly with your thumb. Now press the top of the eyebrow socket. This time, the movement should be upwards so that the skin on the forehead shrinks. Be careful not to let you thumb slip into your eyes while doing any of this.
- Firmly press the cheekbones that are just below the center of the eye with your index fingers.
- Now just find a point just below your cheekbone, this time, apply firm pressure both inwards and upwards.
- Press the outer edge of your nostril with the third fingers. The pressure should be inwards. At the same time, the middle and index fingers should press the cheekbones upwards and inwards.
- Press the region between the upper lip and the nose by clubbing all the fingers close to each other. Press the region below the lower lips too. Follow the same 7-5-7-5-7-5 procedure here.
- Press the center of your chin with your thumb in the same 7-5-7-5-7-5 procedure.
- Pull some sections of your hair properly and massage your head. Comb your hair back with your fingers by following long and straight movements.
Marma therapy is a powerful technique and integrates detoxification, Ayurveda massage, yoga, and acupressure. So you can say you’re getting the results of everything above combined.
You can also follow a complete guide to ayurvedic skin care.
Do this daily and see your face defying time. The antiaging effects of the marma therapy are so powerful that you may look at least 7-8 years younger than your actual age. So, bring your herbal oils and start today itself.