Shaky hands along with age are normal signs of hand tremors. If you or dear one suffer from hand tremor, then using essential oils can be of much help.
You or your dear one can feel hand tremors at any time of the day. With time these hand tremors can bother the daily life activities like eating, changing clothes, and other daily tasks.
It’s always fruitful to stop their occurrence at the intail stage itself so as to them from progressing to dangerous levels.
The alternative medicines have come with some essential oils for hand tremors. These essential oils can tremendously reduce shaky hands within few days of regular use.
Along with doing home remedies for essential tremors, you should use the essential oils which aid in curing it.
Down below, is a list of essential oils to cure hand tremors. Read them to cure those shaky hands.
Essential Oils For Hand Tremors
There is no specific test that can diagnose your hand tremor. The diagnosis aims to ensure that hand tremors shouldn’t be because of health disorders like Parkinson’s disease. The signs and symptoms are the only way to diagnose hand tremors.
There is no absolute treatment to cure hand tremors in medical science. So, the best way to stop or abate their occurrence is using the essential oils.
You can take natural supplements along with using these oils to get faster results.
The essential oils for shaky hands do wonder without causing any side effects.
A few best essential oils for shaky hands are as follows:
1. Frankincense Essential Oils For Hand Tremors
This oil is a very common oil used in aromatherapy. It is used to reduce chronic stress, anxiety, pain, and inflammation.
The Frankincense oil for hand tremors works by relieving the nervous tension and depressions. It also has psycho-emotional properties that can cure essential hand tremors.
Once you take this oil, it works on your nervous system to calm down the nerve tension and reduce shaky hands.
How To Use Frankincense Oil For Tremors?
- To use frankincense for tremors make sure to buy the pure essential oil or 100% essential oil. Go for the highest quality and make sure not to go the fragrance version.
- Next, mix frankincense oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil.
- Mix both the oils in 2:1 ratio.
- Further, inhale the oil or just apply it to your hands well. You can do both the ways too like you inhale it at night and apply it on your hands in the morning. This is the best use of Frankincense oil for tremors.
2. Vetiver Oil
This oil is known for its calming, stabilizing, and grounding properties. It calms and soothes the mind and is known to reduce anger, mood swings, irritability, and other neurotic behaviors.
Additionally, it also has revitalizing and nervous stimulating properties. It stimulates the entire nervous system providing a cure for hand tremors.
How To Use Vetiver Oil For Tremors?
- For using vetiver essential oil for hand tremor make sure to buy the pure essential oil. It is because many companies are mixing cheap oils along with it to reduce the cost.
- Take around four drops of vetiver essential oil, three drops of lavender essential oil and two drops of bergamot essential oil. You can replace bergamot oil with coconut oil if it’s not available. Mix all of them well
- Massage your hands for good 10 minutes with this to reduce hand tremors.
- Do it in mornings to see good results.
3. Arnica Oil
This essential oil is good for hand tremors. Arnica oil has nerve stimulating, muscle relaxing, and anti-inflammatory properties. It calms down the muscles and nerves of your hand to provide relief against shaky hands.
How To Use It?
- Make sure buy the pure Arnica essential oil. Go for the most reputed brand for good results.
- For effective results, it is best to use this essential oil for tremors in two ways.
- First mix three drops of arnica oil in 500 ml of water. Shake it well let the oil mix well with water. Pour it in a bottle. Drink a teaspoon of mixture three times a day. Before drinking shake the bottle well.
- Next, is mix 1 drop of arnica oil, 2 drops of marjoram oil, and 2 drops of rosemary oil. Mix them well and then massage it on your hands for good 10 minutes.
- Carry them out daily to get quick relief from hand tremors.
4. Helichrysum Oil
This oil is derived from a natural medicinal plant. Helichrysum oil has many health-boosting properties due to its anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties.
A few researchers suggest it can significantly reduce shaky hands. Helichrysum oil is good for hand tremors as it works by lowering the brain inflammation which further reduces the symptoms of essential tremors.
How To Use It?
- Buy the best therapeutic Helichrysum oil. Make sure it’s pure and of high-grade quality. You can read the label for the same.
- Take 1/2 cup of jojoba oil, 10 drops helichrysum essential oil, and 10 drops lavender essential oil. Store it in a bottle and keep it in a cool place.
- Mix all ingredients well and massage it over your entire hands.
- Additionally, you can diffuse it in your home and add 2-3 drops of the essential oil to your bath.
- This essential oil is good for hand tremors when taken in the recommended way.
5. Cinnamon Oil
This oil has a bunch of health benefitting properties. Cinnamon oil is long been used to reduce the levels of blood sugar in your bloodstream.
Nevertheless, a few studies have come up with new findings suggesting you can use cinnamon essential for hand tremors.
It is because it stimulates the nervous system, calms the minds, and relaxes the muscles. This all together brings about a decrease in shaky hands.
How To Use Cinnamon Essential Oil For Hand Tremors?
- The first thing to check is buying a high-quality essential oil. Do a small research before going for a brand. Buy the one that is free from fillers, solvents, or toxins.
- For topical application of essential oil for hand, tremors mix cinnamon oil and coconut oil in 1:1 ratio.
- Next, apply it all over your hands. Massage it for few minutes to let the essential oil sit inside your skin.
- Additionally, you can also consume it internally as FDA has marked cinnamon oil safe for consumption. Mix a drop of cinnamon oil to your water, smoothie, or a fruit drink.
- You can also take cinnamon essential oil as a daily supplement for essential tremors.
6. Lavender Essential Oil For Hand Tremors
This oil is long been known for its relaxing benefits. Lavender oil works by calming the over-active nerves and by reducing the overexcited nervous system that causes shaky hands.
The oils work at internal levels to reduce hand tremors. So, this essential for hand tremors is sure to give satisfying results.
How To Use It?
- Go for the 100% pure lavender essential oil.
- Mix 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil in water or in any fruit drink and drink it as it is.
- Additionally, apply few drops of this oil on your pillow to inhale and calm down your nervous system.
7. Rosemary Oil
Offlate, this essential oil for hand tremors has gained much popularity. Rosemary essential oil has relaxing, calming, and anti-oxidative properties. It abolishes the oxidative stress on the nervous system and thereby stimulates the nerves of your body to work better.
Relaxation and better functioning of nerves bring about a decrease in hand tremors.
How To Use It?
- Go for the 100% pure rosemary essential oil.
- Add 1-2 drops of rosemary essential oil to a glass of water and drink it daily.
- Additionally, mix rosemary essential oil and olive oil in a ratio of 1:1.
- Massage it well on your full hands to get optimum relief from hand tremors.
Precautions When Using Essential Oil For Hand Tremors
- Always opt for an essential oil that is 100% pure. Go for the therapeutic essential oils over the fragrance oil. Research and invest in a well-reputed brand. It is very important as a local brand to reduce the cost add fillers and solvents in the essential oils.
- Prefer diluting the essential oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, or olive oil. Mix the essential with the carrier oil before topical application.
- If you suffer from a skin rash after application of the essential oil wash your hands immediately with a soap and then dip in cold water. The rash would be fine if problems persist for more than a day consult a doctor.
- If you face any health issues with the use of the oil immediately discontinue the use of that oil. It happens if you are allergic to some oil.
The essential oils for hand tremors have shown positive results for many. They are absolutely safe and side-effect free. You can use any of them with a close eye.
The essential oil won’t show the result in a day but, the regular application/consumption is the key. Make sure, you use these oils the way we have mentioned it for satisfying results.
Nevertheless, if you face any issues with a certain oil stop the use of that particular oil and opt for the other one.