One of the major problems many people face is lip discoloration. Are you one of them? Does your natural lip color is changing? Are you wondering how to cure lips from getting discolored?
Do you know why your lips get discolored? It may be due to skin disorders, environmental factors, lifestyle factors or systematic diseases. Another reason may be a lack of hydration in your body.
How will you treat your lip discoloration naturally? Natural homemade remedies are always effective in curing health related problems.
Moreover, you should make some changes in your diet to avoid lip discoloration. Furthermore, if you have some disease that causes lip discoloration then should follow the diet accordingly. So that it will help your body fight against it internally.
Why is it necessary to treat lip discoloration? You must wish to look charming and beautiful. Natural pink to red colored lips always add beauty to your face.
So you should treat your discolored lips to avoid any severe side effects in future. Moreover, taking care of your body parts is your prime duty and responsibility.
Table of Contents
Causes Of Lip Discoloration
First of all, let me tell you the causes of lip discoloration. It may be due to various reasons some of them I am discussing with you.
1. Lifestyle Factors
The common factor for discoloration of your lips is due to your lifestyle.Daily smoking, drinking alcohol, and any other narcotic use can cause discoloration of your lips.
Smoking darkens your lips and inner lining of the mouth called smoker’s Melanesia. Tobacco and areca nut chewing for long term also darkens your lips.
You should avoid intake of these things not only to cure lip discoloration. But also to avoid harmful effects of these things to your health.
Anemic persons are prone to have lip discoloration. Deficiency of hemoglobin is also responsible for darkening of lips. Because hemoglobin handles the natural red color of blood.
Your lip color is the color of blood flowing through it. Hence, deficiency of oxygen-carrying compound, hemoglobin can cause lip discoloration. In extremely cold weather, lip color can change to blue color showing a deficiency of hemoglobin.
It is the occurrence of black or brown spots on the lips and skin. It is due to exposure to sunlight for a long time.
It is the bluish discoloration of some parts of the body including lips. It is due to high level of deoxygenated blood in your body.
5. Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome
The syndrome is due to the presence of gastrointestinal polyps, mucosal membranes, and hyperpigmentation of the skin. It darkens mucosal lining of the mouth also called buccal mucosa. It is relevant to intestinal
Melasma is due to the increased melanin content in your body. It affects the upper surface of skin causing hyperpigmentation. It affects exposed parts of the body to the sun.
7. Dry Lips
Necessary hydration in your body keeps you away from skin infections. Dry lips are the result of lack of hydration. It causes cracks and discoloration of your lips. Dry lips cause pale or white colored lips with cracks. Prolonged dry lips can darken your lips to brown color.
8. Sun Exposure
Prolonged exposure to the sun can darken your lips. By proper treatment, you can prevent this.
9. Eating Disorders
Nutritional deficiencies such as bulimia and anorexia cause discoloration of lips.
10. Toxins And Poisoning
Caustic compounds like strong alkalis, acids, and other toxic components cause discoloration of lips.
Home Remedies For Lip Discoloration
- You should drink more water as you can. Water provides necessary hydration to your body.
- And also helps in urinating toxins from your body. You should drink 8-10 glasses of water in a day. It avoids the occurrence of dark spots on your lips.
- You should apply Vaseline daily to your lips to avoid lip discoloration. Use high-quality lip balm and lipsticks for your lips to avoid any side effects.
3. Lemon Juice
- You can apply lemon juice to your lips to get natural colour of your lips.
- It promotes the growth of healthy tissues of lips. Moreover, provides healthy looking lips.
4. Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe Vera has many health benefits. Apply Aloe Vera gel to your lips to avoid lip discoloration. Moreover, it enhances the natural colour of your lips. Aloe Vera Gel is used to get pink lips naturally at home.
5. Honey Banana Scrub
- Take some honey, yoghurt and ripe banana.
- Mix them well to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste to your lips.
- This will help you fight against lip discoloration.
- Take a white toothpaste and apply it to your lips.
- Let it dry and then wash it off with water.
- Do this for a week to get better results.
7. Sunscreen Lotion
- Prolonged exposure to the sun causes discoloration of your lips.
- So to avoid this you should apply sunscreen lotion to your face.
8. Clarified Butter
- Clarified butter smoothes and softens your lips.
- It also enhances the natural color of your lips.
- You can apply it at the night before going to the bed.
9. Saffron And Milk Paste
- Take some saffron and fresh milk cream.
- Mix it well to make a paste and then apply it to your lips.
- It will help you to get rid of lip discoloration.
10. Exfoliate Your Lips
- Exfoliating lips will get you soft, pink and healthy lips.
- Moreover, it will remove dead skin cells from your lips.
- You can exfoliate your lips daily.
11. Almond And Lemon Juice Paste
- Take some crushed almonds and lemon juice.
- Mix it well and apply it your lips.
- Massage gently in small circular motions to your lips.
- It will help you to get rid of lip discoloration.
- Furthermore, you can apply this paste to your lips daily.
12. Cocoa Butter
- Try to use a lip balm which has cocoa butter in it.
- Cocoa butter is beneficial for lips.
- It will help you in getting natural colour of your lips.
- And also it will provide necessary moisture to your lips.
13. Pomegranate And Milk Cream Paste
- Take some pomegranate seeds and fresh milk cream.
- Crush pomegranate seeds and mix it with milk cream.
- Now apply this paste to your lips.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- This is great for lightening darker
How To Get Rid Of Lip Discoloration?
1. Avoid Eating Excess Hot Food
Eating excess hot food can burn the upper surface of your lips. Moreover, it darkens your lips for the prolonged time. Furthermore, it causes itching to your lips.
2. Avoid Cigarettes And Tobacco
By reducing intake of tobacco you can avoid lip discoloration. Don’t smoke if you want to get natural color of your lips.
3. Avoid Excess Coffee And Tea
Excess intake of tea, coffee, and soft drinks causes lip discoloration. Lower the consumption these drinks and you will see a great change in your lip colors. It will lighten the dark lips.
4. Boost Intake Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps in retaining the natural color of your lips. The food items that are a great source of Vitamin C are oranges, broccoli, pineapple, strawberries, cauliflower, kale, kiwi, Brussels sprouts, peppers, mango, and papaya.
5. Have Butter And Yogurt
Butter and yogurt help in maintaining natural color of your lips. Having one cup of yogurt daily helps you to get rid of discoloration of lips.
Strawberries have many benefits that help you in retaining natural color of your lips. Take some crushed strawberries and mix it with honey.
Apply the paste to the lips. This will remove the dead skin cells from your lips. And also moisturizes your lips. Furthermore, it helps in retaining natural color of your lips.
7. Almond Oil
It provides necessary moisture to your lips. And also retains the natural color of your lips.
You can mix almond oil with fresh milk cream and apply it your lips. Moreover, it will help in the removal of dead skin cells from your lips.
How To Retain Natural Color Of Your Lips?
If you want to maintain natural color of your lips for forever then follow these points.
- Do not smoke and avoid intake of tobacco.
- Apply Vaseline to your lips daily to avoid lip discoloration. And also it will help in preventing its reoccurrence.
- Do not drink too much tea or coffee.
- Drink more water.
- Use sunscreen cream before exposure to the sun.
Hope this article is helpful to you. Follow the above-mentioned tips and tricks to get the natural colour of your lips for forever.