Are sweat and body odour causing you distress?
If YES, then this is all you need to go through.
If NO, this may help you with some precautions and you may help others.
f sweating interferes with your daily activity then it is a case of ‘Hyperhidrosis’. Everyone’s body has a different response, be it in sweat content.
The one NON-SURGICAL, HYGIENIC and SAFE way to overcome it is the usage of ARMPIT SWEAT PADS.
You wear a shirt,dress,suit It works in every case!!!Severe sweating armpits are known as axillary hyperhidrosis.
Treatments Options For Hyperhidrosis
1. Prescription strength
2. antiperspirants(plug sweat ducts)
3. Prescription oral medications (reduces sweat production)
4. Injections of botulinum toxin type A (Botox) and Surgery (to remove sweat glands)
But what if you want to go for a non-invasive, non-medical treatment then this is the article you need to go through!
The solution is UNDERARM SWEAT PADS
These pads are known by a variety of names-
- Underarm shields
- Garment guards
- Dress shields
Use Of Underarm Sweat Pads
- Protects clothing from armpit sweat
- Reduces wet marks on clothing
- Reduces staining on clothing
What Exactly Is An Underarm Sweat Pad?
- Made of cotton
- Breathable material
- Elastic arm straps(in some cases)
- Available in colours black, nude and white
How To Use It?
It is very easy to use. Follow these basic steps.
- Step1: Peel off the paper backing
- Step2: Stick the pad inside your shirt’s armhole.
- Step3: Use daily to hide embarrassing sweat stains on clothing
Why Use It? Is it Effective Enough?
Let’s be honest, for many like myself, deodorant or antiperspirant just aren’t enough to keep you dry throughout the day.
To avoid pitting in public and ruining expensive clothes, switch to armpit pads for extra sweat protection.
How Do Armpit Pads And Shields Work?
• Armpit pads are disposable cotton pads that stick to your skin or clothing to absorb excess sweat.
- Armpit pads work best on dry and shaven skin.
• Dress shields and garment guards, on the other hand, are washable, reusable shields that must be attached to your clothing.
Different Types Of Sweat Pads And Shields On Market
1. Garment shields that fasten around the torso or arm
2. Underarm pads that adhere directly to the skin
3. Sweat pads that stick to the inside of your clothing
4. Shields that must be worn with snaps, tapes, pins or sewn into your clothing
5. Armpit shields that attach to clothing such as the bra.
Will Sweat Pads Work For You?
For people who sweat moderately, sweat pads will not let stains embarrass you. However there are situations where armpit sweat pads may not be the answer:
1. When Wearing Expensive Clothes
When wearing sweat pads that attach to your clothing, the adhesive can stick to your shirt and may ruin it. It’s best to avoid sticking them onto expensive materials.
2. When Wearing Very Loose-Fitting Clothing
Sweat pads that are stuck to the inside of your clothing don’t always capture all the sweat. If the underarm of your shirt doesn’t sit closely to your underarm, sweat might start to soak and show up stains.
3. When Wearing Very Tight Clothing
Sweat pads can be visible when worn with tight-fitting clothes. You can trim them to conceal their appearance, but it may undermine the sweat-absorbing effect.
4. If You Have Sensitive Skin
- Armpit pads may result in a rash or cause darkening of skin at times.
- If signs of redness or irritation occur, you should stop usage immediately.
5. Stressful Or Nerve-Wracking Situations
- Pads may move out of place and create embarrassing situations.
- The adhesive quality of the sweat pad may weaken, causing leaking.
6. If You Have Hyperhidrosis
If you sweat profusely, armpit sweat pads may not work.
Best Armpit Pads -The Only Integrated, Truly Sweat Proof Barrier
Thompson Tee-Sweat Proof Barrier, Hydro-Shield
The only proven sweat proof armpit sweat pad in the market. It is embedded in the underarms of every Thompson Tee. The sweat-proof technology stays put throughout the day.
Making Underarm Sweat Pads At Home
1. Use Panty Liners
- Cut a panty liner in half and use for each armpit.
- Use a safety pin to pin the pad to your clothing.
- Alternatively, fold the panty liner and put it with the clothing near your armpit.
2. Create Shields Out Of Socks
- Use scissors to cut out a thin oval from sock’s fabric.
- Attach the pad directly to your clothing.
3. Sew Shields Using Muslin
- Get the muslin fabric from textiles store.
- Fold the muslin about three times
- Draw a thin oval, about the size of your armpit
- Take scissors and cut along the outline.
- Sew the muslin together using a thread and needle.
4. Use An Absorbent Fabric
- Buy an absorbent fabric from fabric supplier.
- Create yours at half the cost at home
- Outline an oval that fits your armpit using a marker
- Cut the outline with scissors
- The absorbent fabric can be layered too.
Although decreased body odour initially makes you attractive towards the opposite sex, the discovery of the apparatus could be a shock to your partner. Find an excuse and use the restroom to remove the guards if needed.
There are also some home remedies to get rid of underarm odour. You can also give it a try.
Underarm sweat pads are safe to use until proper measures are taken as mentioned in this article. Making one at home is a good idea. In this heat scotching weather, this becomes a necessity. Keep yourself hydrated and stay hygienic.
This one measure may save you from a lot many diseases.Use these safe sweat pads, to be free from that irritating body odour.
You can also try herbal remedies to reduce the excessive sweating. These will give your body a cooling effect and prevents sweat glands from producing more sweat.
Be free, be confident!