Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a problem that most of the people hesitate to discuss.Though this can be treated naturally at home, most people neglect it until the symptoms become unbearable.
Many think this is normal. If you are one of the people who is having IBS, don’t neglect it, as it might lead few other critical conditions like Piles.
I am going to tell you what needs to be done to cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome naturally, at home.Many useful home remedies exist for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
The first thing that you should know is: it occurs due to constipation, indigestion and excess toxins accumulated in the rectum area of the body. Due to this, itching, burning, and irritation occurs in that area.
Also, it is not limited to a small section of the society; it is a widespread disorder which affects nearly 50-60 million people in the world.
However, the good news is that it is not at all contagious and cancerous.
The symptoms, when they are mild can be born. But in some cases, it is worse, and this affects your daily life, which obviously is not a good sign.
IBS is also called functional bowel syndrome, irritable colon, and spasmodic bowel. This syndrome affects the large intestine.
Do not worry at all, the symptoms can be reduced very easily by following some minor diet and lifestyle adjustments.
Here I’ve listed some of the most useful herbal and natural remedies to deal with your symptoms. If you follow them, you will soon get relief.
Your morning is not going to be unpleasant. Stress is the biggest reason for this disorder. This is why you have to avoid unnecessary stress which might worsen the symptoms.
It affects women a lot, and that too below the age of 35. It is due to hormonal changes that every woman faces during menstruation and pregnancy.
You can’t avoid it. This leads to some disturbances in the bowel movements.
Causes Of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS can be caused due to innumerable reasons. But a sure thing is that anything that causes a disturbance in the digestive system can be regarded as the cause of IBS.
There can be many things that act as triggering factors because of which the symptoms are aggravated.
Our intestine functions as a pathway for the food to pass from the stomach to rectum. During this process, food gets digested.
Passing of food through this path happens due to the muscular contraction. When this contraction occurs faster than natural speed, then food passes rapidly. This affects the digestive system of our body.
Excess stress, anxiety, excess consumption of alcohol and caffeinated products can be some of the reasons for IBS. The food items like dairy products especially milk products and chocolates are sometimes the cause.
You should be very careful about the food you eat, when you eat and how you eat. These all affect the digestive system and thus faulty eating habits may lead to IBS.
Stress is not the main but a very influential factor which worsens the symptoms.
Even hormonal changes that take place in women during menstruation and pregnancy may cause symptoms of IBS.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Symptoms
The intensity of the symptoms of IBS varies from being mild to severe.
In this article, I will let you know why it happens and how to prevent to IBS.
If you have experienced the symptoms of more than 2-3 months, then you can be sure that it is IBS. These symptoms get triggered by stress which makes the situation worse.
So you should take a careful note of the symptoms you are experiencing so that preventive measures can be taken early.
Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Abdominal cramps with bloating
- Hemorrhoids also called as piles
- Anal fissures
- Bloated stomach
- Mucous in the stool
- A headache and fatigue
Natural Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Take some Ginger and prepare a tea out of it. Drink this ginger tea thrice a day.This helps to reduce the symptoms of the diseases by boosting your digestion power. Any inflammation of the stomach lining can be cured by consuming raw ginger.
Boil 1 teaspoon of Flaxseed in 1 cup of water and make a decoration. Even you can make a tea out of it.Drink this before going to bed. This will work as a laxative and also helps in relaxing the stomach.
Prepare a tea using Peppermint.Drink 1-2 cup of this tea.
This tea relaxes your digestive system reduces the gas formation, avoids constipation and reduces your symptoms of the syndrome.Even peppermint tablets or capsules will be helpful if you can get those.
If you know what is Amlaki (commonly called as Amla), take a little amount of Amla (raw) every day.Gooseberries can be taken as the juice, dried or even raw.Amla helps in maintaining proper and smooth digestion. It also acts as a laxative. This avoids the main symptom of IBS i.e. constipation.
Triphala is a mixed herb commonly available. It is a mixture of three Ayurvedic herbs like Bibhataki, Haritaki, and Amlaki.It is well known for its laxative effect which prevents constipation and also reduces the pain and bloating of the abdominal area.
Chamomile in the form of tea, when taken, reduces any inflammation in the stomach lining and prevents diarrhea.
Tea made from the leaves of Blueberry, Blackberry, and Raspberry are also beneficial and useful in IBS.
These leaves contain a special substance called tannins which are easy in the intestine and prevents IBS by avoiding diarrhea.
Diet & Life Style Advice During IBS
- Include all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will reduce the inflammation in the stomach lining and will give relief from the symptoms.
- Avoid any consumption of caffeine or caffeinated products, alcohol, and any carbonated products.
- Add natural food which works as a natural laxative to your diet.It ll help you have a normal bowel movement.
- Avoid food items that produce gastric problem to you. This will make the symptoms worse.You should avoid eating Beans, Cauliflower, and Cabbage.
- Include curd in your diet. Regular intake aids in digestion thus cure this disease.
- Increase your intake of water. Drink plenty of water daily.
- Eat small and frequent meals. This will relax your stomach and give it proper time to digest.
- The food you eat should be eaten very slowly and after chewing properly. When you eat fast, you tend to swallow lots of air which turn out to become troublesome gas in the intestine.
- Even meal timings are also critical to avoid any bloating and pain in the abdominal area.
- Include fibrous food in your diet which will prevent the constipation associated with this syndrome like oats, fruits like apples, grapes, and grapefruits, salad, whole grains, wheat grains.
- Avoid any fried and processed foods, refined and preserved food items. These food items cause contraction of your colon violently, which as a result causes diarrhea and pain in the lower abdomen.
- Avoid food items like sugar and its products, tomato-based food and foods with artificial flavors.
- Avoid acidic food items or fruits like the citrus fruits like tomatoes, oranges, lemons, etc. These will reduce the symptom of heartburn during IBS.
- Avoid lying down or resting or sleeping for 2 hours after eating.
- Try to make a habit to sleep on your left side. This will keep the food in the stomach and away from the esophageal valve thus be avoiding any heartburn problems.
- Avoid any spicy food items.It causes diarrhea which is also a symptom of IBS.
- Avoid any chewing gums or candies with artificial sweeteners.
- Unnecessary stress and tension can be a reason for this disease, thus, prevent any stress and extra work.
- Practice meditation, yoga, and breathing exercises regularly. This will keep your mind and body out of stress and active too.
- Avoid smoking at any cost. This will not only relieve you of this disease but also be smoking is injurious to health.
- Any unnatural over the counter laxative should be avoided in case of constipation.it may worsen the situation.
Also, Read 6 Dangerous After Meal Acts which might trigger IBS.
When To Consult A Doctor
When the symptoms get worse leading to passing blood in the stools and with extreme pain and irritation, burning of the stomach.
I recommend you to consult a doctor before the situation gets worse. Some extreme conditions arise in which the intestine and stomach lining is profoundly affected, and this may cause severe problems in passing stools. Such extreme conditions should not be taken lightly. Consult a doctor.
If You have any queries comment below, I’ll answer it.