The pineal gland calcification is a disease of your pineal gland. It gets calcified when the excess of fluoride, calcium, and other chemicals get accumulated within the pineal gland. Actually, in the case of 40% normal people the calcification of the pineal gland begins by the age of 20. But as you get older it shows it’s symptoms and signs of dysfunction. In this article, we would read about signs and symptoms of pineal gland.
The pineal gland is a small endocrine gland situated in the centre of your brain near the pituitary gland. It is the smallest gland of your body situated on the same level of your eyes in between the eyebrows.
The work of pineal gland is to modulate your sleep pattern along with thirst, hunger, and emotional activities. It regulates your sexual development along with the natural ageing process.
A Clear Understanding Of The Pineal Gland
Actually, the pineal gland secretes two major hormones in your body are Melatonin and Serotonin. It regulates the circadian rhythm of your body and works as the biological clock of your body.
A perfectly active pineal gland keeps you alert about all your daily activities like sleeping in time, wake up, feeling of tired, etc. When it secretes the hormones in the required amount, the circadian rhythm of your body works perfectly.
Melatonin is a hormone which secretes under darkness and induces your sleep pattern. When you go to sleep the pineal gland starts to secrete melatonin and ends at sunrise. So it is recommended to sleep early for the proper secretion of melatonin.
When your pineal gland fails to secrete these two major hormones, the dysfunction begins and shows some signs and symptoms of the pineal gland calcification. Let’s know about them in brief.
Symptoms Of The Pineal Gland Calcification
A number of problems arise when the pineal gland starts calcified. These problems may be of both the increase and decrease of the secretion of melatonin.
When the pineal gland does not produce the required amount of melatonin, you can experience:
If the pineal gland produces excess melatonin you can experience:
- SAD( Seasonal Affective Disorder) a state of depression in the winter season,
- dysfunction of thyroid and adrenal glands
- low blood pressure, etc.
Let’s know about all the major symptoms you can experience in case of the pineal gland calcification. Let’s know how it affects some major health conditions of your body.
1. Change In Circadian Rhythm
According to a study1the main symptom of a calcified pineal gland is the change in your circadian rhythm. You may experience the symptoms like:
- sleeping too much or too little.
- getting active in the middle of the night because of sleeplessness.
- You may sleep or feel sleepy in unusual times.
- You can feel restless in the middle of the night.
- The excess sleeplessness can cause insomnia in you.
- You can experience breathing irregularities due to the change in circadian rhythm.
2. The Psychological Symptoms
Due to the dysfunction of the pineal gland, you may experience some of the psychological symptoms like:
- You go through a limited perception. As a result, your mind gets closed and reduced the internal growth.
- You become unable to follow the biological clock within you. As a result, you become unable to decide what to do, where to do, or with whom to do.
- It becomes difficult for you to know your self-awareness.
- Sometimes you face difficulties to control your behaviour, emotions, feelings, thoughts, and other psychological conditions.
- You can go through severe conditions of mental illness like stress and depression.
The dysfunction of the pineal gland affects your bone metabolism largely. A study 2 shows that as you age, the bone mass of your body decreases and causes several bone-related diseases like
4. Menstrual Symptoms
A calcified pineal gland causes hormonal imbalance in you. As a result, you go through some of the menstrual symptoms like:
5. Decrease In Sense Of Direction
The calcification of the pineal gland closely affects the sense of direction. It causes damages to the gland and reduces the homing abilities of you. You may face some symptoms like:
- Forgetting of the direction to a particular place.
- Going to the opposite direction
- lack of eye-object contact
- loss of orientation of place and time
6. Alzheimer’s Disease
Deposit of fluoride in the pineal gland causes the Alzheimer’s disease.3
It happens due to the deficiency of melatonin level in your body. In the Alzheimer’s disease, you can go through the symptoms like:
- severe weakness
- reduction in sleep
- poor judgement
- difficulty in speaking and writing
7. Early Puberty
A calcified pineal gland produces more sex hormones when it gets dysfunctioned. As a result, you may face the early puberty before the particular age. It is known as precocious puberty.
8. Dysfunction Of The Pituitary Gland
When the pineal gland gets calcified it alters the function of the pituitary gland. 4
As a result, the pituitary gland produces low or no hormones. You can go through the symptoms like:
- abnormal hormonal functions
- tumours in adrenal and thyroid glands
- polycystic ovary syndrome
The calcification of the pineal gland can be decalcified through following certain rules and regulations for your daily life. Here, in this article, we have tried to give you the most possible symptoms you can experience with a calcified pineal gland. But these symptoms may be of some other diseases. Hence, it is recommended to see your doctor if any of the symptoms you are going through. Because a negligence may lead to some other diseases.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Shuboni DD , Agha AA, Groves TK, Gall AJ. 2016. The contribution of the pineal gland on daily rhythms and masking in diurnal grass rats, Arvicanthis niloticus.|
|2.||↑||Sharan K, Lewis K, Furukawa T, Yadav VK. 2017. Regulation of bone mass through pineal-derived melatonin-MT2 receptor pathway.|
|3.||↑||Motter R, Vigo-Pelfrey C, Kholodenko D, Barbour R, Johnson-Wood K, Galasko D, Chang L, Miller B, Clark C, Green R, et al. 1995. Reduction of beta-amyloid peptide42 in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Alzheimer’s disease.|
|4.||↑||Wun WS, Berkowitz AS, Preslock JP.1986. Melatonin’s differential inhibition of FSH and LH release from hamster pituitary glands.|